collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First carboot sale of the year...  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
First carboot sale of the year...
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:50:25 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe I went a little mad. Nothing super rare here but most stuff was really reasonably priced. There was quite a lot -  I left some G3.5 weird baby whatever they ares behind, some plushes, and a few other G4 things including another flip Dash, another light up Rarity and another Twilight Sparkle.

The ones without batteries have all been properly cleaned now and are drying on my unit. They mostly look a lot better than they do in this image.

Even a G2 in there, Petal Blossom I think. Even though she's common, I felt like I couldn't leave her, she was dumped in with a bag of horses and not even any other ponies. I already have her so when I am next trading I will be trying to find her a new home with pony friends :) She has a few light marks but she still has both eye gems and her hair is really nice.

My triumphs of the day, personally, are fashion style cadence (because I love fashion style ponies and cannot justify buying them at retail because of cost and space, but when they are right there at the carboot sale it's different, right?) and the EQG dolls. I still love their goofy faces. Even if one of them is Pinkie Pie ;) I actually wantedd that version because I like the pink and black. And I always buy Sunset Shimmer dolls. I think she may be my fifth Sunset Shimmer doll? Possibly sixth :D

The dolls are in excellent condition. Cadence is as well, just messy hair. Most of them it's a hair issue. I did rescue G3 Fluttershy though. Her hair is horrible, but I couldn't leave her there. I did have this Fluttershy before and sold her. I guess I have her again now. I don't suppose anyone would want her in this shape, so I guess I'll keep her :) She is much cleaner now, her hair is just a ball of frizz.

I think the little Starlight Glimmer figure is from the comic?

I apologise that Pinkie is being indecent ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: First carboot sale of the year...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:03:24 AM »
Congrats! I hope the cleaning goes well with the electronic ones :) Nice finds!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:38 AM »
Sweet finds! I see Fluttershy in there. The G2 is really pretty, especially her hair.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:07:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »
Ooh great finds!

I went to one this morning - glorious sunshine, perfect weather for a boot...

...and found a Sunset Shimmer EG, sans feet  :brow: along with a Barbie and a Shopkins doll - all 3 for £1  :cool: but that's about it.

Also got a small clutch of vintage costume jewellery for a fiver, which included a vintage crystal Italian rosary, brooches, earrings and a penknife (perfect for sharpening my art pencils!)

Was tempted to go to the big one in Denham, Uxbridge, but heard on the radio that the traffic was total chaos. I remember once being turned away by traffic stewards, I had to drive around the block to park in some random place to get there by foot.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »
Sunset Shimmer in the sunlight!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »
I used to do the car boot sales ever week. It's so much fun, never knowing what you are going to find.  Like you said, the prices are usually reasonable too.  It looks like you got a great haul of ponies.  Score to you!  :frolic:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »
I was quite pleased and surprised :D But I do miss the days when the hauls were G1 ponies :( I love proper field carboot sales - I guess I'm not a city girl at heart - so the slog out there on the train was worth it. But was nice to find one G2. I have found the odd G1 or so there in the past before too, but it's really unusual.

Thanks <3 My next job is to decide who is definitely staying and who isn't. They all look much nicer now they're clean.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »
Congrats! They look lovely!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »
Lovely finds!!!!! Congrats!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies :)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
Congratulations!  Do you mind me being nosy and asking which car boot you went to?  I'm pretty sure I saw those same Equestria Girls on Saturday.  Was it the toy dealer who had a few Equestria Girls mixed in with tons of Barbies in a suitcase on the floor?  I so nearly bought Pinkie Pie but chickened out of asking the price because I know that dealer can be expensive and I get embarrassed not buying things once I've spoken to the sellers! :P  If it is the same one, I'm glad she's found a home in the pony community. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 12:39:04 AM »
Haha xD Yes, sounds very possible that it was the same one O.o. ;) Although I was there on Sunday so maybe not - maybe she was just going around different local boot sales? I know some dealers do that.

I negotiated her down because I pointed out they weren't Monster High dolls. :) She did have others but I only bought those three.

I don't go to that boot sale very often because it means an early start (I live in North London) and just getting myself organised to go is hard work - but it was such a nice weekend :D

Did you find any ponies?? There was quite a lot of stuff about.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 02:26:55 AM »
I was quite pleased and surprised :D But I do miss the days when the hauls were G1 ponies :( I love proper field carboot sales - I guess I'm not a city girl at heart - so the slog out there on the train was worth it. But was nice to find one G2. I have found the odd G1 or so there in the past before too, but it's really unusual.

Thanks <3 My next job is to decide who is definitely staying and who isn't. They all look much nicer now they're clean.
Completely agree. I miss those days. I can't wait to get back into carbooting. I currently work on weekends so I never get to go to the decent ones! (But in a few weeks my weekends will be back!)

Great haul, btw!  :frolic:
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 02:31:57 AM »
Hooray on your ponies!

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 02:41:16 AM »
Haha xD Yes, sounds very possible that it was the same one O.o. ;) Although I was there on Sunday so maybe not - maybe she was just going around different local boot sales? I know some dealers do that.

I negotiated her down because I pointed out they weren't Monster High dolls. :) She did have others but I only bought those three.

I don't go to that boot sale very often because it means an early start (I live in North London) and just getting myself organised to go is hard work - but it was such a nice weekend :D

Did you find any ponies?? There was quite a lot of stuff about.

Yeah, she goes to different car boots both days of the weekend usually.  We were at Shepperton on Saturday which is where I saw her...wasn't very good considering it was the first one of the year but then I saw another toy dealer had a huge bag of ponies behind their table so I think they must have gone around buying everything before it even opened. :(  I did manage to get a few G3s on one table which must have been late setting up.

It was just weird to recognise that doll in your photo!  I used to idolise you and your website when I was a kid and trying to learn pony names at the internet cafe. xD  Now it seems we pony hunt in the same places and keep almost running into each other!  I know you mentioned going to the same branch of Toys R Us just one day before I did a few weeks ago too! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal