collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least Favorite Gimmick  (Read 7622 times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Least Favorite Gimmick
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »
I dislike Ballerina Ponies and Dance n Prance

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 04:46:17 AM »
G1- BBEs for sure... I don't like the way their eyes bulge out of their heads, it does make them look sickly.
I also really can't stand drink 'n' wets and fancy pants babies because of the implication of bodily functions. I... don't want to think about my magical, rainbow coloured horse toys having to go to the toilet, lol.

G2- Sooo many G2s are ruined for me by the Magic Motion mechanisms. So many of them just look plain awkward with the modifications.

G3- The 'so soft' talking baby dolls... ick

G4- Oh man there's a lot of bad gimmicks in G4 x) I think my most hated is cheaply half-painted on clothes. If you are going to paint the clothes on, at least make it cover the whole body, not just half a leg!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »
G2s:
Magic Motion Ponies-They ruined so many beautiful ones.

Hair changing ponies- It's such a stupid idea and the tails look awful.

G3s:
Whoever that G3 is that can be taken apart in the middle.

3.5 Newborn Cuties-Ponies don't crawl Hasbroken.

3.5 Period-Uglier

Lily Lightly-Poor pony. She's so pretty too, but ruined by a creepy gimmick. Wish there'd been a regular Lily Lightly.

G4-Bead hair ponies. Hasbro, do you need sense smacked into you?

First set of jointed ponies-They look like creepy marionettes with their strings cut.

Pop Ponies that you put together-The plastic is dreadful.

Funko Pops-This is more to do with the fact that I hate funko pops because they're creepy, ugly and ruin every franchise they touch.

Mane Six reboot x Infinity + Ad naseum-Screw you Hasbro!

Reboot G4- ugliest of them all.

Painted Clothes-Boo!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:30:04 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »
I have a few (oh boy do I have a few) but the BBE’s win because those babies creep me out!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 09:22:18 AM »

Funko Pops-This is more to do with the fact that I hate funko pops because they're creepy, ugly and ruin every franchise they touch.

Thank GOD someone else agrees with me! Every single anime/collector/comic/toy store has walls filled with these ugly hunks of junk. They got rid of the sailor moon section in Think Geek to put up a wall of these.

Their dead eyes are scary and so nasty to me. I hate them. why are there so many? The vendors hall at conventions have so many of these and not enough good merchandise

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
Funko Pops aren't G1, are they?
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »
I don't think I dislike any gimmicks so much as I dislike how some hold up to play. Like flocking is fine if it looks pristine and beddy bye eyes are ok if they haven't rusted. However many ponies with those gimmicks don't look as nice as they did fresh out of the box or in stock photos.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
G1 BBE

G2 n/a

G3 the extra long haired ponies, not that when nice they're really pretty but I've only found some second hand and...wow are they a pain/impossible to restore to what they were

G4 (what I mainly collect) I don't mind painted on clothes since I usually keep all my ponies in box. but one I can't STAND is just mane 6 ponies. I mean I get it it's what sells but give me boy ponies, background characters,blind bag characters. I've secretly been dying for a Pepper Dance brushable since wave 1 of the blind bags :(

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »

Nope. But since we all started mentioning gimmicks from other gens, I figured I'd throw those in there, since G4 funko pops are every bit as creepy/ugly as every other funko pop.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
I kinda like all of them however I dislike how frail flutter wing tabs are, so lovey yet so easy to break. I love the feel of so soft ponies,but they are a huge pain to keep clean.

As for painted clothes, cheap, ugly, and hate it.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »

Nope. But since we all started mentioning gimmicks from other gens, I figured I'd throw those in there, since G4 funko pops are every bit as creepy/ugly as every other funko pop.

I'm glad Funko hasn't gotten into G1 then - I don't keep up with their releases, was scared for a bit.  Agree that they're creepy.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2018, 01:36:41 AM »
So Soft ponies! There are so many SS ponies that I would like in regular non-fuzzy form, such as Paradise and Ribbon. But every time I buy a bait SS pony to deflock, when it arrives I think, oh, it's not actually that damaged, I can't justify deflocking, I'll just clean her up....my resulting accidental SS collection is actually quite pretty, but I do find them to be frustrating ponies! Why couldn't you just make non-fuzzy versions of them all as well, Hasbro??

Agreed on Funko Pop ponies. And Fashems, what's the idea of them? I just want ponies, not strange squishy big-headed things!

Electronic gimmicks and mechanised parts, on the other hand, I just find fun and/or amusing. Bring me your talking ponies, your Dance n Prance ponies, your light-up ponies! I have even been seen in the Tesco's toy aisle deriving inordinate amusement from those G4s where you press a button and their hoof lights up and shoots up in the air.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2018, 05:42:43 AM »
I like gimmicks. The only thing that gets me little bit would be the weight in adult sea ponies, so much rust...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 05:51:00 AM »
I don't like scented ponies. At all, from any generations. I have problems with my nose where I struggle to breathe through it, so the rare occasion that I can, I get a nose full of over powering scented pony smell. It's horrible :shrug:

I love other gimmicks like the so softs and flutter ponies though. Something about the fact that they're strokable conforts me, haha!

Offline lockette

• Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 07:29:22 AM »
there aren't many gimmicks I HATE, just don't care for- like the Princess Ponies with the tinsel forelock, I don't think they're awful, they just don't appeal to me.

I wouldn't mind the Surprise Twins pony much if A) she and her brood looked more like an MLP and not a fakie, and B) the proportions weren't SO weird! huge mom and tiny TINY babies? I loved my Puppy/Kitty/etc Surprise plushes (my sis and I had like four each) so the idea doesn't bother me even though it's dopey. the Surprise Twins ponies just don't look like they're even made by Hasbro.

I don't like BBE but I don't loathe them either. I like Frosting well enough. tbh their mold is worse than their eye mechanism! when people de-BBE them they still look ugly to me because of their awkwardly stretched neck and half-open mouth. ugh.

I don't care for the adult ballerina ponies, they look awkward, but I love the baby ones. I wouldn't mind the mega-eyelash Princess if the lashes were better quality, cleaner like BBE lashes are.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal