collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least Favorite Gimmick  (Read 7685 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Least Favorite Gimmick
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
I love gimmicks since it adds variety.

And even if I feel pretty meh about a gimmick -- there's someone out there who likes it! So that's cool :)

I also think that batteries in toys can be a bummer since most parents (or children) wont think to change or remove the battery ... and 30 year old corroded batteries are yucky to clean up. >_< No thanks...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »
The Flower Ponies-You know the twice as fancy ones? I think they're called Flower Swirls or something.

The Rock n Beats-The symbols are just-they don't look good. Too busy and the colors clash in the worst ways. Like you can do neon and wild, but the color choices still hafta be harmonious.

Rainbow Curls-This set is right up my alley with the soft, pastel, rainbow colors, stars and clouds and scrolls. There's a Sanrio/Care Bear element to them that I love...and yet there's something off-putting about that whole set. I can't bring myself to like them at all. I think the rainbow babies did it way better.

I don't like the Princess Brush n Grow set.

Most of the Cutie Mark Magic set bugs me. They just went overboard. And on one side too!

All About Mural Ponies are butt ugly.

I don't like the G3s with words on them.

I don't like most of the Art Ponies.

I don't like G3 or G4 Breezies. Some have great colors, but those faces!

G3 Merponies

MLP Animals, be they Hippogryffs, Pony Friends, Pretty Pals, G4 Pets.

Collector Ponies-They have wonderful colors. But that pose!  >_<  Even as I was excitedly looking at the 35th Anniversary set and squealing with excitement at G1s in the store, I couldn't love them enough to pick out one for myself.

I agree with a lot of these:

The Flower Fantasy ponies look like victims of graffiti to me.

With the Rainbow Curls, I want to like Stripes and Steaky. I especially like Streaky's colors, but I just don't like those big awkward symbols.

I find anything with extra long or growing hair to be off-putting because it's more apt to get tangled up.

And the Collector ponies just make me think of Eeyore, just so depressed looking.

I do like the Rockin' Beats though. I know their colors are loud, but I'm partial to them because Sweet Notes was a childhood pony.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 10:39:46 PM »
Also, CURLY HAIR. UGH. Long hair in general, since it's way more likely to frizz or tangle, but curly hair is the worst.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2018, 01:00:56 AM »
personally, I do't really like the beddy bye eyes because I think they are a bit creepy.

I do adore almost every gimick except mayeb dance n prance due to the huge buttons.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2018, 04:23:05 AM »
I love most of the gimmicks, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the precious pockets, the BBE and maybe the magic message. The BBE was a fun concept, but the execution just wasn't there... Those face molds, ai ai ai...

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2018, 10:05:14 AM »
I feel like the odd one out here for liking BBE ponies :P But I love weird/uncanny things.

- I don't like the Twice as Fancy ponies, their symbols just cover too much of them.

- Drink n' Wets. I was never into baby dolls, especially ones that mess themselves.

- Ponies with painted on clothes, including the baby ponies with painted on diapers.

- G3's with Words on them. Absolutely can't stand that. Why would they want their own name tattooed on themselves?

- G4 Hippocampus. I refuse to call those things Sea Ponies considering that they're not even ponies to begin with. Is that even a gimmick? Oh well. There it is.

- Ponies with moving legs, it makes them look awkward.

- Art ponies. Most of them are just... too busy looking.

- Ponies that encourage cutting hair/slathering things on them

- I'm 50/50 on tinsel hair. In good condition, it looks really nice, but I don't trust myself enough to try and de-tangle tinsel.
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline TwinkleEyedWitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • @witchglow @thetimetravelerstoys
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
Honestly, any pony with moulded clothes, that makes sounds, or has...eyelashes. *shiver*
Bizarre add ons don't do much for me.
I don't care much for any G1 ponies with joints or moulded shoes. I'm also not a huge fan of the Sweetheart Sister style of pony.
The ponies that are slightly larger than your standard G1 adult all bother me a little as well.
The scale is off when I look at them next to say, Minty, and it makes me twitch a little. x'D

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2018, 11:41:24 PM »
I dislike the bbe and the caterpillar eyebrow princesses... eyelashes on toys can look good but not when they look like caterpillars.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:42:55 PM by Sakuyamon »

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
It isn't G1, but the G4 where you look into their cutie mark and see a picture of their world? What the heck?  There is nothing about looking into anyone's rump design and seeing a whole magical world that is ok.
:rofl:
Spoiler

Those ponies totally make me think of this scene from the Peanuts' Easter special if anyone remembers this

Talking and/or robotic ponies are the biggest NO for me. I will never own any ponies that can walk/talk on their own or anything of the sort. Even as a kid I was never fond of robot toys, I'd keep them turned off/batteries out and play with them normally.

I can't think of any other gimmicks I really dislike. (Except for G4*) Even things like the BBEs and Eyelash Princesses I can find some love in my heart for. (for mostly ironic reasons with those two, I think they look so silly that I can't help but love them and think they're funny) I do agree with almost everything that everyone has said here about them though and some of these replies are absolutely hilarious. :lmao:

*The thing with G4 gimmicks is they don't tend to add anything new. G1 gimmicks added new ponies with special properties or designs, like new breeds, Twinkle Eyes, pearly, glittery, etc. But they were new characters that happened to a bit more special.
Most G4 gimmicks are like... Twerlot Sporkle can talk now! Now she's a merpony! Now she's a humanpony! Now she's got WINGS! Now she's got glitter! And tinsel and ribbons in her hair! Now she's a robot! !!!KEEP BUYING TWERLOT SPORKLE!!! Etc.
They just keep doing the same Mane 6 over with ever so slightly tweaked designs.
They have had some awesome ones like the snowglobe ponies and merponies and stuff which I loved. And the return of pearly ponies once more! I just mean the majority of G4 gimmicks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:10:05 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »
It isn't G1, but the G4 where you look into their cutie mark and see a picture of their world? What the heck?  There is nothing about looking into anyone's rump design and seeing a whole magical world that is ok.
:rofl:
Spoiler

Those ponies totally make me think of this scene from the Peanuts' Easter special if anyone remembers this

Talking and/or robotic ponies are the biggest NO for me. I will never own any ponies that can walk/talk on their own or anything of the sort. Even as a kid I was never fond of robot toys, I'd keep them turned off/batteries out and play with them normally.

I can't think of any other gimmicks I really dislike. (Except for G4*) Even things like the BBEs and Eyelash Princesses I can find some love in my heart for. (for mostly ironic reasons with those two, I think they look so silly that I can't help but love them and think they're funny)

*The thing with G4 gimmicks is they don't tend to add anything new. G1 gimmicks added new ponies with special properties or designs, like new breeds, Twinkle Eyes, pearly, glittery, etc. But they were new characters that happened to a bit more special.
Most G4 gimmicks are like... Twerlot Sporkle can talk now! Now she's a merpony! Now she's a humanpony! Now she's got WINGS! Now she's got glitter! And tinsel and ribbons in her hair! Now she's a robot! !!!KEEP BUYING TWERLOT SPORKLE!!! Etc.
They just keep doing the same Mane 6 over with ever so slightly tweaked designs.
They have had some awesome ones like the snowglobe ponies and merponies and stuff. I just mean the majority of G1 gimmicks.

I love that scene and I love The Peanuts.

Post Merge: May 03, 2018, 04:52:16 PM

Hey goddessofpeep? Can we get a video of the Mommy Surprise Missile launcher pretty please? I thought you guys were just joking when you called her a missile launcher. I didn't think she actually was. :lmao:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:52:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal