collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jakks Pacific leaves out the female Incredibles  (Read 3930 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Jakks Pacific leaves out the female Incredibles
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
I was in Wal-Mart today and saw that they were starting to get The Incredibles 2 toys in. I was excited until I looked closer.

[a href="https://flic.kr/p/GK5fJk"][img src="https://farm1.staticflickr.com/917/26741710047_c410b87bc0_k.jpg" style="max-width:100%;"][/a][a href="https://flic.kr/p/GK5fJk"]20180421_132214[/a] by [a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/sailorstitch/"]Elizabeth[/a], on Flickr

All the action figures are the MALE characters! At first I thought Mrs. Incredible and Voilet were out of stock. Then I looked at the back of the box.

[a href="https://flic.kr/p/2536XzV"][img style="max-width:100%;" src="https://farm1.staticflickr.com/899/40717915155_459d9d10d4_k.jpg"][/a][a href="https://flic.kr/p/2536XzV"]20180421_132230[/a] by [a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/sailorstitch/"]Elizabeth[/a], on Flickr

Jakks Pacific didn't even make them!

How could anyone think this is acceptable? It's a movie about a family of superheroes. Kids, ALL KIDS, are going to want the whole family. Did the toy companies learn nothing from the recent Wonder Woman movie? Or that new female Star Wars character was left out of the toys and merchandise?

Does anybody else find this infuriating as I do?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Jakks Pacific leaves out the female Incredibles
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »
Really? I hope a lot of people get on their case, and make them change that.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:56:40 PM »
This is weird, I know they made Violet and even Edna Mode (saw reviews on Tumblr) but why are they not on the box??

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »
That's really weird...I'm just expecting for them to come in another wave, and I'm glad we get a Frozone doll at all, but leaving out 2/5s of the family is just..hmmm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 06:07:05 PM »
Wow. I’m not really mad at them, just annoyed. Perhaps we might get them on wave 2? I’m sure they made them. But perhaps it’s in another wave. I just wanted the Edna mode one, but that’s just me.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 08:00:33 PM »
I saw funko ones today. And Wonder Woman merch is still everywhere.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »
They definitely made figures of them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh2e7BFjhb1/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 10:34:47 AM »
I tried looking online a bit, but I didn't have time yesterday to search very long.

They definitely made figures of them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh2e7BFjhb1/

That's not the same line as what's at Wal-Mart. The packaging is completely different.

Regardless, Wal-Mart's display combined with the boxes only showing the males is highly problematic.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
As long as they're being made, why kick up a fuss? Maybe different stores get to choose different characters or something.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
As long as they're being made, why kick up a fuss? Maybe different stores get to choose different characters or something.

The problem is that it makes it look like male superheroes are the only ones that are desirable. There are so few female superheroes to begin with. A problem that Marvel and DC are putting some effort in to correcting.

I also live in a small town. We only have Wal-Mart. There are no other toy shopping choices here. Our Wal-Mart doesn't even have anymore Wonder Woman toys. That whole section disappeared after the DVD came out.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »
You must not be looking very hard, because I see female figures all over the place and I don't even collect comic figures.

DC Girls, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Violet from the Incredibles, Cat Woman, X-Men girls, Something Canary, Kitty Pryde, Starfire, Sailor Moon and Scouts, Marvel Girl, The Amazons.

These ones might not be out in your area yet, scalpers might have snagged them, they could be in a different wave. This isn't indicative of a plot against strong female  characters. Especially since this is a Disney Pixar property.

So yeah, it seems your making a fuss over a non issue. :hmm:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 01:42:06 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 07:06:44 AM »
Well, I have to admit when it comes to Walmart I don't usually have any luck finding things in this store.  So if they made them somewhere else and I wanted them, I would just go somewhere else to buy them.  Unless you are just not wanting to pay other packing from other store prices or have no other options?  It could be that Walmart only was given this group to sell in order to reduce the price of the toys in general.  Remember, Walmart meets with toy companies and companies in general.  They haggle to get the company to reduce the prices. " Reduce the prices or your product will not be on Walmart shelves."  So, then the company has to figure out how they can do something less to sell their product there.  So, perhaps this company could not sell all of the products at Walmart due to their crazy, ridiculous demands on companies.  So, if Walmart feels that part of a line will appeal to its customer base more than the entire line, then the company gets to shelve their toys at Walmart for less.  Walmart has been doing this since it opened its doors.  This isn't about ignoring girls, or female heros it's about making money and changing products in some way to get that 5 cents less price for their store.  It brings the customers in, they pay for that toy because it is 5 cents less never knowing what this has done to to the toy company trying to sell their products.   If you don't have other stores then I suggest buying them online.  That makes the most sense, because their business practices are never going to change.
I think it is important to look at things from many different perspectives.  There are numerous reasons that Walmart has a different set.  My idea is one of them.  It is a stretch to assume anything when it comes to Walmart.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »
its ridiculous I've checked my walmart and yeah, they only have the male Incredibles figures there, and its ridiculous cause the movie mainly focuses on the mom too from what trailers are showing. so toymakers are probably not happy with it and are just shoving the guy toys out
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »

The problem is that it makes it look like male superheroes are the only ones that are desirable. There are so few female superheroes to begin with. A problem that Marvel and DC are putting some effort in to correcting.

I also live in a small town. We only have Wal-Mart. There are no other toy shopping choices here. Our Wal-Mart doesn't even have anymore Wonder Woman toys. That whole section disappeared after the DVD came out.

I totally agree.  I've got 2 boys, and they like the whole incredibles family.  I wouldn't want them to be at a store and see just the male super heroes available, like the girls in the series were not as valuable.   That seems like a total blunder to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal