Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Another question, but this time about Bow Tie

(1/4) > >>

cookifaa:
Haha I feel like a complete newbie asking all these questions but oh well!

About Bow Tie in the shy pose, can she have white bows too? I have two of her and one has a light body with pink bows and the other has a dark body with white bows. All the ponies I have found online has pink bows...

Is it unusual or did hasbro just want to complicate things even more?

Loa:
Ah, you need to head to the Nirvana!

Elfpony:
It's possible that her bows have just faded, too. The pink paint (and some of the hair) that Hasbro used can fade pretty easily.

Elf

Taffeta:
Bow Tie's bows can fade :)

Did both of your loose ones come from the same origin point (by which I mean country)?

There are some batch related shade differences with body and hair on some ponies.

If both Bow Ties have the same hoofprint marks they are probably batch differences.

They'd only be Nirvana if one of them has something other than Hong Kong on her feet ;)

About Hasbro in general - the only thing consistent about Hasbro's production in the eighties and nineties is inconsistency and that is especially true with stuff here in the UK. It's not really that the UK is weirder than the rest of the world, just that because a lot of online sites like the Wiki are based on the US pony model, any minor differences that occur through batch because of a later release of a pony or whatever can get overlooked...for example, shy pose Bow Tie was released in the US in 1983 and the UK in 1984. At the same time she was re-released in the US around 1984-5 with curly hair, whereas she was replaced in the UK in 1985 by the Collector pose one. There's a lot of Bow Tie production going on, and a lot of opportunity for inconsistencies to develop in that production.

.it would be crazy for there not to be minor differences in production over that wide expanse of time. It's perfectly possible for different shades of body, hair, symbol print to show up because of that. Production was probably continuous, so it's also possible for two minorly different body shades and symbol prints to show up in the same country. One is probably just from an earlier batch than the other.

(Of course there are genuine cases of distinctly different symbol print meaning an entirely separate release, but this is not the case for Bow Tie xD)

LadyMoondancer:
Her bows have probably faded.  Pink symbols (and sometimes purple ones) seem to have this problem a lot!  Although at least they don't fade as easily as fading pink hair.  But yeah, there are Poseys with white flowers, Bow Ties with white bows, and Peachys with white hearts out there, due to their paint fading.

Requisite mention of how annoying I find the 'nirvana' term and how I wish it would catch fire and fall into the sea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version