TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Buyers not Leaving Feedback?

(1/3) > >>

tailrustedtealeaf:
Soo I've started using ebay to liquidate my childhood LPS and I've sold quite a few! Which is great, but I've had no customers leave feedback?
It's not as if my account has nothing on there, but I don't want to scare away potential buyers who see all my feedback is only for buying. I also like to just see the number go up...
Is it considered rude to message my buyers and ask for them to leave feedback, or do I just have to keep selling until someone actually does use feedback? I always leave feedback on the buyers and I haven't missed anyone yet. Is there anything else I can do in the future, or is this just the unfortunate ebay environment now?

LadyMoondancer:
Buyers often don't leave feedback, sadly.  Don't worry, eventually some of them will.

I would definitely not ask buyers to leave feedback, a lot of buyers will find that annoying and you may not get the kind of feedback you want! 

Sometimes I've had sellers add a little note in the box, like "Thank you for your purchase!  If you are happy with it please consider leaving feedback because it helps me a lot. :)" or something like that.  Whether this actually helps or not I don't know, I've always left feedback anyway.

banditpony:
I'd venture to say feedback isn't really that important to ebay buyers anymore. I think it's rare that someone going to look to see how many feedback was from buying/selling.

For myself, the only sellers I'm cautious of are 0 feedback sellers who are selling big ticket items, vague descriptions, and/or stock photos. But, quite honestly, ebay/paypal buyer protection has my back if something went wrong.

That said, I agree, a handwritten note is the best way to ask someone for feedback without sounding like you are nagging.

Taffeta:
I have to admit, if someone asks me for feedback, they are less likely to get it ;)

I usually get around to feedback leaving but it takes me a while and I do it in bulk. I think a lot of people do it that way. I don't mind if I don't get feedback from a buyer. I would like to know if an item arrived, but I tend to figure if I don't have an angry message on my account, they're ok with the purchase...

As I've said before, ebay feedback is largely meaningless since it wipes out every 12 months and negatives from prior transactions become invisible. I took so much pride in my account in the past with no negatives because then if you had a negative, it dinged your 100% forever, not just for 12 months. And sellers cannot leave negatives, which makes buyer feedback irrelevant too. Finally, since ebay removed the negative feedback on a counterfeit game seller's account because I'd got a refund, I don't genuinely believe that negative feedback means anything in the bigger picture. Apparently refunds = positive transaction = no negative allowed. And that's not how it works in my book.

If Ebay went back to a proper feedback system where all feedback mattered and people could leave negative and positive feedback honestly and fairly again, then that would be different. But all that feedback matters now is getting sellers discounts on fees and stuff. Reality of that is that private and occasional sellers like myself now pay higher fees as this has to balance out somewhere. And that's just not right, either.

Ringlets:
Unfortunately people don't leave feedback a lot of the time these days. Eventually someone will, but until then  :
--- Quote from: LadyMoondancer on April 20, 2018, 06:45:32 AM ---Buyers often don't leave feedback, sadly.  Don't worry, eventually some of them will.

I would definitely not ask buyers to leave feedback, a lot of buyers will find that annoying and you may not get the kind of feedback you want! 

Sometimes I've had sellers add a little note in the box, like "Thank you for your purchase!  If you are happy with it please consider leaving feedback because it helps me a lot. :)" or something like that.  Whether this actually helps or not I don't know, I've always left feedback anyway.

--- End quote ---

This :nod:  this is what I do.  When I sell something on ebay I always include a small thank you card with the item - a similar note to what LadyMoondancer mentions here. It does help encourage buyers to leave feedback IMO. They still don't *all* leave feedback but definitely more of them do than before I started to do that ;)  :relaxed:
I would never message someone on ebay about leaving feedback (even though some people do) - you really shouldn't mention it on there because you run the risk of annoying your buyers or someone can even report you depending on the words
....  although a polite message about feedback if they were happy with the transaction sent to someone who bought an item from you here at Arena would be ok. You just need to be careful with the wording , that it doesn't sound like you are demanding feedback - not that I think you would, I'm just giving general advice  :)
 Give the note a try for your ebay buyers  :awake:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version