collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Something fishy...  (Read 1597 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Something fishy...
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
Has anyone dealt with ebay seller mizdahfish? I was watching an auction of theirs that had Maiden MistyCurls and Goldenwaves from the Lady Lovely Locks Enchanted Island line, it started at $10 with $3.50 shipping. I was originally going to bid but decided against it as MC looked like she had a haircut and GW had the splotches and a broken neck and someone else had already bid. Auction ended last night but I noticed just a bit ago that it had been relisted and for $90!! Sounds like seller's remorse...

Edit: And now the new listing was taken down.

Has anyone dealt with the seller? They have all positive feedback but a quick relist like this is a huge red flag for me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:37:14 PM by dragonlady »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Something fishy...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:23:16 AM »
It might be a buyer issue too, like maybe the buyer flaked and said they didn't want it.  Hard to say.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Something fishy...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:13:20 AM »
That would be a huge red flag for me as well :huh:  If the buyer backed out I can understand the quick relist, but to relist with a whopping big price hike and then for it to get taken down quickly? that sounds really off.
 The positive feedback this seller had - were there many for sales?  not that that always means anything. I've come across other greedy sellers in the past who had good feedback but then have backed out of sales after auctions were won , deciding they can get way more for the item than they originally thought by doing a new listing with a BIN like it wouldn't get noticed *eyeroll*  the previous winner/ buyer is generally watching for this sort of behaviour , reports them to ebay , and then the listing  gets taken down and negs usually get left :awake:

I think you were right not to bid  :nod:  if the buyer had backed out and the seller wanted to relist but decided to use BIN instead, I cant see why the listing would get taken down - unless there was something amiss
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal