collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ohio TrotCon (Update: I'm hosting two panels!)  (Read 312 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
Ohio TrotCon (Update: I'm hosting two panels!)
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:47:01 AM »
I am not able to travel to the Pony Fair this year, and I have been missing it after being spoiled on it being in the Midwest for years. I was trying to find something nearby, because I'm itching to dress up, do a panel, and be around fun pony people in person, and I found out about TrotCon in Columbus Ohio. Has anyone ever been? My collection is mostly G4 focused and I love the show, so a brony/FiM convention is no problem for me, but I wondered if anyone here has been or is thinking of going.

Either way, what panels would you want to see if you went to a convention? I am thinking of submitting my panel on customization that I have presented a few times, and I would like to offer to host more if I knew what people would like. I'm knowledgeable about several customising techniques, some history, collection care and display, and aspects of the show, but not sure what people would want to come and listen to. Their forum is a bit quiet, so I didn't know if I would get far by asking there.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:17:05 AM by aintnobuffalo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I see you. And I will find you. And give you hugs!
Re: Ohio TrotCon
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:01:34 AM »
Hmmm...it’s been a while since I’ve been to a pony con, might have to pop over the border and take a visit. As for what to do for a panel, I’m not much help. I’m a bit out of tune with the masses. But a panel on making customs would be pretty cool if you ask me. I mean, don’t get me wrong. Some g4 customs are absolutely amazing. But I think we could do with a bit of sage advice.  Some pointers on how to make your custom go from ‘good’ to ‘amazing’. But that’s just me.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
Oh man, makes me wish my house was good enough to have people over, I'm in Indy as well! I have a large garage that would have been great to have a meet in and a back yard that last year we started having a fire pit and projecting movies onto the wall next to the property next door. But the inside isn't great for people to spend the night if I did such a thing with the projector at night D=

Ombyshadow

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Staff
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 03:07:59 AM »
Oh man, makes me wish my house was good enough to have people over, I'm in Indy as well! I have a large garage that would have been great to have a meet in and a back yard that last year we started having a fire pit and projecting movies onto the wall next to the property next door. But the inside isn't great for people to spend the night if I did such a thing with the projector at night D=

It seems we have a decent amount of us in Indy! I once found out that someone lives in walking distance from me when I got them in a swap. I have a small house, but a decent yard and collection room. If I ever felt confident, I may have to host a small meet up someday, but I don't have a lot of room if someone had to stay the night either. Maybe we could split people up between us or have a camp out. :lol:
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Re: Ohio TrotCon (and what kind of panels would you want in a con?)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »

It seems we have a decent amount of us in Indy! I once found out that someone lives in walking distance from me when I got them in a swap. I have a small house, but a decent yard and collection room. If I ever felt confident, I may have to host a small meet up someday, but I don't have a lot of room if someone had to stay the night either. Maybe we could split people up between us or have a camp out. :lol:

My house is old and trying to fall apart, which if it wasn't I'd have plenty of room XD And I'm a bit on a 'hoarder' side, which I'm trying to get better at so my collection room is far from finished ^-^""

and it doesn't help that I'm between houses XD Mine is on the outskirts of downtown and the other (my mom's house) is near beach grove... but yeah, I hope to one day do a pony meet, since my sister had brought it up =P

Ombyshadow

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • A Third Act Pony
Re: Ohio TrotCon (and what kind of panels would you want in a con?)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 02:22:38 PM »
... I found out about TrotCon in Columbus Ohio. Has anyone ever been? My collection is mostly G4 focused and I love the show, so a brony/FiM convention is no problem for me, but I wondered if anyone here has been or is thinking of going.

My son and I have been three times since it is just down I-71. Our two favorite fan panels from last year were a writing panel (typewriters!) and one relating G1 history to G4. Both of us like history, connecting everything together story-wise, as well as preserving and repairing toys, but I'm mostly the latter. A panel on identification of older gen items, or something about fakies, might be interesting.

The con is very Brony, but still family friendly; my coworker's taken his daughter, age eleven now, there three years in a row, and they plan to go again this year. Attendance is still quite good, although down a bit from the peak.

I expect to be there looking for autographs and merchandise this year, both Friday and Saturday. Should you go, I'm easy to spot: the old gray haired dude in (typically) a tie dye.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Staff
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Ohio TrotCon (Update: I'm hosting two panels!)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 04:20:33 AM »
I got an email today that my two panels "Customizing Pony Brushables" and "History of My Little Pony" have been accepted, so I'll be presenting on these. I haven't done a history presentation to a group format before, and I always so enjoy presenting on customizing, so I'm very excited! It hope to see some of you there, and I'll make sure to give an update when details are finialized.
Sig by Corona
Wish List