collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Megan  (Read 1023 times)

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Question about Megan
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »
I'm not sure if this goes in pony or the dolls section. If it belongs more in dolls, I'll move it there, but since Megan is part of MLP, I decided to put it here in corral.
I've never had a Megan, But I've been wondering: Does she feel like the ponies, made of the same vinyl material, or is she plastic? And in addition, how well does she stay on the pony's saddle when just being displayed??

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Question about Megan
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 11:03:14 AM »
She's 'typical' doll plastic, not the same vinyl as the ponies are.  (Except maybe her head, not sure about her head.)  Her body is solid plastic (not hollow like MLPs) other than her head.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »
I'm not sure if this goes in pony or the dolls section. If it belongs more in dolls, I'll move it there, but since Megan is part of MLP, I decided to put it here in corral.
I've never had a Megan, But I've been wondering: Does she feel like the ponies, made of the same vinyl material, or is she plastic? And in addition, how well does she stay on the pony's saddle when just being displayed??

She's a lot like "Moondreamers" or any small doll I guess,  she sits okay in the saddle - (her legs swivel out at the hip so you can kind of perch her there on top of Sundance
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 11:57:20 AM »
She's 'typical' doll plastic, not the same vinyl as the ponies are.  (Except maybe her head, not sure about her head.)  Her body is solid plastic (not hollow like MLPs) other than her head.
That's interesting, because I had this strange idea her legs were hollow thin plastic, but now that I know she's a bit more high quality than that, I might try to seek one out.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »
My Megan is like most small dolls... softer head, hard plastic body, softer arms but of course solid... it's her legs that are odd

I took her out of here I had her and her legs are a kind of soft rubbery plastic that apparently has a wire or something in it that allows them to bend and stay in place oO Which I didn't expect to see XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
Her head is a similar vinyl to MLP's, maybe slightly softer/thinner.  Torso and arms are a hard plastic, legs are elastic-ball jointed at the hip, and contain wire knee joints for some pose-ability. Feet are non-posable, but can be turned in or out a bit due to the hip joints. She cannot easily free stand on her own.  Each foot/leg is moulded as one piece with a minor casting seam that runs up the front and back.  Head and arms swivel.  The rubbery nature of her legs makes them 'stick' (rather have a fair bit of friction) against a pony, so on display Megan sits astride nicely and looks natural doing so.  Sitting side-saddle she slips off readily.  On the whole she's well designed for an 80's toy.

Referenced off TAF Megan since she was the closest at hand, but the classic Megan is near identical save for the head mould.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:58:54 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:44 AM »
Her head is a similar vinyl to MLP's, maybe slightly softer/thinner.  Torso and arms are a hard plastic, legs are elastic-ball jointed at the hip, and contain wire knee joints for some pose-ability. Feet are non-posable, but can be turned in or out a bit due to the hip joints. She cannot easily free stand on her own.  Each foot/leg is moulded as one piece with a minor casting seam that runs up the front and back.  Head and arms swivel.  The rubbery nature of her legs makes them 'stick' (rather have a fair bit of friction) against a pony, so on display Megan sits astride nicely and looks natural doing so.  Sitting side-saddle she slips off readily.  On the whole she's well designed for an 80's toy.

Referenced off TAF Megan since she was the closest at hand, but the classic Megan is near identical save for the head mould.

That's a nice and detailed description, thank you! I can completely visualise what she's like.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »
TAF Megan's head is bigger than the other Megans and so she tends to have a more problematic centre of balance. I find she falls off Sundance more readily than the other releases of Megan who are basically all the same doll but with different outfits and maybe minor print differences.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 05:10:01 PM »
It's actually the hair that makes them tippy more than the size of the head - all that nylon is heavy!  It's possible to balance Megan standing up but a good breeze will likely knock her over, poor thing.  Molly has the same issue, very top-heavy.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal