collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Stories!  (Read 718 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Pony Stories!
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »
I always love to hear stories about people's ponies. Whether it's how they got them, how a certain pony ended up with something special about them, or if it's just childhood memories people have about their ponies. So here's a place where we can all share our pony stories!  :biggrin:
Here are some of mine:
One of my ponies has a pen line on her because I thought she'd be a great thing to test a pen on. Although I can't get it off, I just say it's a battle scar.  ;)
When I was little, I absolutely HATED tinsel in pony hair. I did the very despicable act of picking out the tinsel one by one...or at least trying to...
If you are a fan of MLP videos, I'm sure you've seen the MLP Pool videos. I for some reason thought that because those people were doing it, it'd be fine for my ponies. So I had a pool party and...well...let's just hope I dried them off well enough  ^^;
I used to stick my g3 ponies on the fridge since they had the magnets.

Anyway, those were just some of mine. I'd love to hear your guy's stories!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Pony Stories!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:16 PM »
I think most of my most memorable ones I've shared before - Gypsy at the school fete, taking the baby sea ponies swimming at my friend's country club, and abseiling ponies down the house wall out of the window on shoelaces to make sunshine pony hair change colour.

I also like to hear about people's pony stories, though...I often wish I could ask my ponies their stories when they come live with me, especially when they have names or whatever on their hooves.

When I was a kid, a lot of other kids had ponies at school, so when I started going to hunt at carboot sales in the mid 1990s I had hazy memories of some of them and what they looked like. The two friends I most remember playing with, though, I remember their collections very clearly. One of those friends later gave me her ponies :D so they are like my childhood adopted ponies.

One of these ponies was Tic Tac Toe. I had Baby Tic Tac Toe as a child, so they used to have sleepovers - sometimes Tic Tac Toe would come stay with me, and sometimes baby would go stay with my friend Alex. I also liked having Hopscotch and Gusty for the night, but I think reuniting the Tic Tac Toes was my favourite. I am so happy that now that Tic Tac Toe lives with us, and so they're reunited permanently.

When we were kids, my sister and I often took a pony on walks. When we went walking in the winter with parents up to the forests, I was worried they'd get cold so I'd make them scarves and legwarmers.

Considering I didn't like them so much, I have a lot of memories of Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake. O.o. Snowflake got ponynapped on one occasion. She ended up at a friend's house when I didn't take her there, and at the time (I was 5) I thought it strange she could've walked there on her own.

Other ponies of mine had adventures at school. Masquerade learned to fly on the playground and C.J swam in the puddles. Braided Beauty was part of a hair salon where we put pencil shavings in the hair then brushed them out, believing it 'helped' them get shiny hair!

I was totally in love with Braided Beauty for a long time. I really wanted her and Curly Locks but the distribution in my area was really bad and mostly I didn't find the ponies on the top of my want list and had to make do with others. But Braided Beauty was one of those I actually found. It was after Christmas, I think 1991? And I had Christmas money. We were in Woolworths and she was the only Braided Beauty on the shelf. My mother and I both remember this because we argued over me getting her. Her box was damaged but I was adamant it had to be that pony, not one of the others. In the end I won :) And Braids came home with me. Despite the pencil shavings and the enthusiastic brushing and growing, she's actually not in bad shape even now ;)

I never cut pony hair, and I never drew on ponies except to write my name on their hooves, so although a few have stray ink marks from accidents where they fell in with my pens, they're mostly loved but not abused played with ponies :)

I also had an electric railway. My petite ponies and the one Mummy Charm I had used to ride in the goods trucks. They were the most frequent passengers on the railway. It was only a small loop, with one station, but the ponies apparently liked it. :) The Mummy Charm came as a stowaway in my Show Stable. It was second hand, and Mum and Dad wrote to hasbro to get a Lemon Drop for it. It was when the 2nd release stable was out, so Lemon Drop was in production and they were able to get one. Hasbro used to be nice and helpful back then :( I also got Princess Aquamarine in that stable. She had only one symbol and faded hair. But the comics always said that she was absentminded, so eight year old me decided she'd just left her symbol somewhere, and that was that. I never thought about it again. I was just super excited to have another Princess Pony.

I have a lot of memories of playing ponies with my sister and we have some film and photos of it too. It's nice that we grew up with them together. I am not sure either of us have grown out of them ;)

My Mother knows more ponies than my Dad, who did mind you manage to pick out Windy from a literal wall of ponies when Wondermint's collection was on display at Dudley museum. (Windy was my first pony). Mum also remembers very clearly being made to watch Ice Cream Wars and Revolt of Paradise Estate over and over and over. She still hates it ;) I also used to play the song tape over and over. Now, whenever anyone says 1, 2, 3 in our house, someone invariably answers with "Cherries Jubilee."

My little pony live at the edge of the Rainbow Forest. Theirs is a magical world where everyday brings a new adventure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4cyTCvrjhg

(Yes. Any excuse to get that in :D It was hugely influential in my childhood. I could recite/sing almost the entire tape with the exact phrasing of the singer and narrator, that's how much I played it. Posey's song intro even got a bit chewed up in the tape recorder from overplay).

I was mostly a pony comic girl, not a pony animation girl and I stay that way now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:30:53 PM »
You have so many interesting pony stories, I am so envious!!  :drool:
I have a story similar to your song tape story.
Basically, when I was very young Walmart was selling old episodes of My Little Pony on DVD for real cheap (Something like $5 per DVD). My mother bought me two cases. The first case was "The Quest for the Princess Ponies" (which has fulled me to get all the original princess ponies) and the second case was "The Golden Horseshoes" (which has made Mimic my favorite pony and fulled me to get her). Of course, since it was a musical show there were songs in there. I had played "By Right, I Should be Queen" and "All Through the Night" so much over and over that it actually got stuck in my head and I'd be singing it wherever I went (much to my family's dismay).
I still remember some of the lyrics and actually thought the singing was amazing at the time.  :shocked: Oh the times they have a-changed  ;)

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline ordinarycollector

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
As a kid I saved up my allowance and bought a So Soft Magic Star. She was my special prized pony that I bought with my own money and I rarely played with her and certainly never let my sister play with her.

Fast forward to five years ago, my sister now has two daughters. She'd given her childhood ponies to her older daughter who was really selfish with them. I got out my ponies and gave them to her younger daughter who was about three at the time, so both girls would have ponies to play with. So they took the ponies home and my sister held up Magic Star and said, "Oh, I love this pony! I was so jealous of her and I was never allowed to touch her!"

And my little niece, three years old, looked her right in the eye and said "You're still not allowed to touch her," and took Magic Star out of her mom's hand and put her up on top of her dresser.

I laughed so hard when I heard this story. My poor sister, all these years later and she's still never had a SS pony of her own.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 04:43:47 PM »
As for pony stories, many years ago I was at work walking along the snow piles picking up garbage. I came across a gen 3 pinkie pie. Only her head and tail were sticking out, and I thought poor chewed up by a plow pony.  How she got there or who lost them, I dont have any clues.

On a whim I dug her out and other than a few scrapes and being very very icky looking she was fine. Her hair is nearly white with a hint of pink and the service desk did not want her. So I kept her in my pocket all day, then took her home and cleaned her up. To this day she has stayed with me, and likes to recall the scary snow plow story.

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
I love pony stories too! Here are some of mine! I've also shared some of mine before, especially they battles with my brothers WWE figures and trains, but here are a few I haven't shared!

Story no.1 - When I was around 5, every time my parents went shopping, me and my brother would go into Tous R Us which was next door. We always had someone with us, but we'd go in separate directions. I was once walking through the babies section and there used to be big, heavy prams attached to the wall in there. I think you can guess where this is going... One of the prams must have been loose because it actually fell off the wall and hit me. Lon story short, I wasn't seriously hurt, but I got them Rainbow Wishes Fairground as compensation. My dad wasn't impressed, but I was.

Story no.2 - It's another injury related story surprise surprise. I'm one of those people that runs their hand over everything and I don't know why, but when I was 8 I cut myself on a broken trolley rescue bay at Tesco. I got a £50 gift card and spent the entire amount on ponies. Nearly 9 years later and the bay still hasn't been fixed.

Story no.3 - When I was younger we used to live on a farm and because it was a big house, we had these huge windows that would open completely. My brother used to throw those little green army men with the parachutes out the windows all the time, and one time I got inspired and tied carrier bags to my ponies and launched them out the window at high speeds. Quite a few landed in the duck pond and Sunnydaze once got stuck on the satellite dish.

I also used to stick my ponies to the fridge though! And the radiators. Anywhere that was magnetic really. In fact I still do.

Oh and I once buried quite a few ponies. I got them all back but I guess you could say it was pony abuse  :sunny:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have any childhood stories, but I did absolutely mangle a Sweet Breeze when I was around...9? 10? I also suddenly got into MLP at the tail-end of the 3rd gen and right when the FiM cartoon was about to start up. It felt like such a strange coincidence.
I will have quite the interesting story to tell if my great-aunt actually does find the box of ponies that she claims her daughter played with! She's a snowbird, so I have to wait a few more months until we actually reach out to her.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:05:36 PM »
I love pony stories too! Here are some of mine! I've also shared some of mine before, especially they battles with my brothers WWE figures and trains, but here are a few I haven't shared!

Story no.1 - When I was around 5, every time my parents went shopping, me and my brother would go into Tous R Us which was next door. We always had someone with us, but we'd go in separate directions. I was once walking through the babies section and there used to be big, heavy prams attached to the wall in there. I think you can guess where this is going... One of the prams must have been loose because it actually fell off the wall and hit me. Lon story short, I wasn't seriously hurt, but I got them Rainbow Wishes Fairground as compensation. My dad wasn't impressed, but I was.

Story no.2 - It's another injury related story surprise surprise. I'm one of those people that runs their hand over everything and I don't know why, but when I was 8 I cut myself on a broken trolley rescue bay at Tesco. I got a £50 gift card and spent the entire amount on ponies. Nearly 9 years later and the bay still hasn't been fixed.

Story no.3 - When I was younger we used to live on a farm and because it was a big house, we had these huge windows that would open completely. My brother used to throw those little green army men with the parachutes out the windows all the time, and one time I got inspired and tied carrier bags to my ponies and launched them out the window at high speeds. Quite a few landed in the duck pond and Sunnydaze once got stuck on the satellite dish.

I also used to stick my ponies to the fridge though! And the radiators. Anywhere that was magnetic really. In fact I still do.

Oh and I once buried quite a few ponies. I got them all back but I guess you could say it was pony abuse  :sunny:

Did you ever find your ponies that landed in the duck pond? Or are they swimming with the sea ponies? O.O

Mimic drawn by me~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal