collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: German names for Sundae Best Ponies?  (Read 4078 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: German names for Sundae Best Ponies?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
I've got a scan of that booklet as well :) as well as the drawn leaflet and backcard.

In my papers there wasn't a note of where I got the Baby Knöpfchen name from (whhhhhhhhhhy? I made a note of all the other alternate names sources)  I wouldn't have included it unless it was from an "aboveboard" source.

I've seen her listed under the Baby Knöpfchen name on eBay as well, again I doubt it would be so commonly used unless it was "given" at some point.

I'll check my other papers and images.

Love pkw xxx

Maybe another example of the comic? That seems logical? Unless it's association with the name of the adult pony.

Or some of the German comics have full photo ads in them which is my main reason for having any comics in German. I don't have them to hand or photos of them but wonder whether it might have come from a comic ad?

I remember Nice & Spicy is called Cupcake in the Uk comic ad for the Kitchen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: German names for Sundae Best Ponies?
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
I've got a scan of that booklet as well :) as well as the drawn leaflet and backcard.

In my papers there wasn't a note of where I got the Baby Knöpfchen name from (whhhhhhhhhhy? I made a note of all the other alternate names sources)  I wouldn't have included it unless it was from an "aboveboard" source.

I've seen her listed under the Baby Knöpfchen name on eBay as well, again I doubt it would be so commonly used unless it was "given" at some point.

I'll check my other papers and images.

Love pkw xxx

Maybe another example of the comic? That seems logical? Unless it's association with the name of the adult pony.

Or some of the German comics have full photo ads in them which is my main reason for having any comics in German. I don't have them to hand or photos of them but wonder whether it might have come from a comic ad?

I remember Nice & Spicy is called Cupcake in the Uk comic ad for the Kitchen.

I have checked all my image files on my PC and I cannot find anything :(

I will see if I can dig out my German comics (not sure if they are easily accessible or not atm!)

It is highly possible that the name came from the association, rather than being "given" :) or once again comic is to blame!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal