collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Decisions...  (Read 1100 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
Decisions...
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »
So, I recently bought a big bundle of accessories. With the accessories came a baby bouncy who is really bad condition. She has no hair cuts that I can detect, but she has pink highlighter dots all over her face and feet and her wings are coloured in pink. I think a kid got too excited with her, haha!

Her symbols, eyes and hair are all perfect. Her eyes and symbols have no scratches or scuffs and her hair is super soft and glossy.

Because of this, I'm having a huge dilemma. Do I turn her into a custom for PonyCon 2018 or do I just restore her?

I'm leaning toward restoring her, but my eyesight is so bad I'll probably think that I have a paint that is a perfect match and once I start painting her, the paint will be bright orange.

Anyone have any advice? haha thanks!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Decisions...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »
If her only problem is ink stains, she should be able to be easily sunfaded.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:56:21 PM »
Please don't customize her! She is nowhere near bait or in bad condition! Those ink stains should come right out if you sunfade her. If you get them out, you will have a pony who is in great condition. Sunfading may take a while, but it's pretty simple and doesnt take too much effort. Pretty sure Baby Bouncy is uncommon too.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:36 PM »
I haven't tried to sunfade a pony, and I am unsure how effective the UK sun is at sunfading in general, although it is meant to be warm this weekend. I would try that method first, though, and exhaust all avenues before customising her, since her other features seem generally ok.

Just if fading I think it's wise to cover symbols, hair, eyes etc. But there are a lot of experts here who can help if you're unsure, and I'm not that.

As for how common she is - I would say she's not uncommon but not common in the UK - she comes up with reliable frequency without being overly common, but finding one in good condition can be a challenge. I don't think she's that expensive but I do think given the quality of her hair, symbols etc that she deserves a chance.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:42 AM »
I agree she is worth restoring! Don’t paint her! You can sunfade a surprisingly large amount of different types of marks off of ponies with a month or so in a window! Especially during the summer. It takes time though, especially in the Northern Hemisphere bit it’s worth it!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
I always have to restore a pony as much as I possibly can before calling it bait. I've got a Paradise that has horrible brown spots all over her and I still refuse to call her bait until I've tried absolutely everything. I'm not a huge fan of customizing G1s, or any pony for that matter, unless there's really a major a flaw that can't be fixed.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
I would sunfade her.

Especially since, even though Baby Bouncy is not 'rare', she's also not common.  When I was trying to replace my childhood Baby Bouncy it actually took me a long time to find one.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
I had completely forgot about sun-fading, thank you for reminding me!

I think I forgot because we haven't had any proper sun that lasted more than an hour for a few weeks now, but, we're meant to be getting a heatwave this weekend (hahahaha ill believe it when i see it).

I'm going to try to sun-fade her though before I give up on her, thank you for the help! :biggrin:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
If her only problem is ink stains, she should be able to be easily sunfaded.

Agreed! I'd definitely restore, no doubt. Id look for another bait or use g4.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal