collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where was Mummy Apple Delight actually made?  (Read 426 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
Where was Mummy Apple Delight actually made?
« on: April 11, 2018, 01:38:18 PM »
Does anyone know where she was made? She's one of them awkward ones who doesn't actually have a country stamped on her. I have a few with no country stamp, but I've been able to figure out where they were made by looking at pictures, but I've had no luck with her at all >_<

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Where was Mummy Apple Delight actually made?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
Does anyone know where she was made? She's one of them awkward ones who doesn't actually have a country stamped on her. I have a few with no country stamp, but I've been able to figure out where they were made by looking at pictures, but I've had no luck with her at all >_<

Spain is the most popular solution. That's the short story ;)

The long story is that NC (no country) ponies were originally unknown about their location, but many MOC Spanish ponies have since surfaced (mostly from earlier years) which clearly say Made in Spain but have no country on the hooves. They share features with some of these other NC ponies.

It's very likely though not totally proven that the NC family ponies were made in Spain. They were only sold in Europe and the UK, though. We also had Chinese versions of all the family ponies here in the UK, so you might find you end up with a Daddy who's made in China. I also have a HK Mummy Sweet Celebrations so apparently they were made there too. I have no idea what Hasbro were thinking. I am assuming that probably the US have both China and HK versions but not NC versions.

The UK also had the family ponies sold as individual ponies on cards and the set of Mum, Dad and one baby which the US had, so that might explain the mixture.

In any case, Loving Family Ponies are confusing.

Sundance in the UK is also NC. Whether she is Spanish or not is still unproven but largely assumed, although I am pretty sure her box says either China or Hong Kong.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:44:43 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:18:31 AM »
This is interesting as it is something I have wondered about myself. I know that she is said to have been made in Spain, however I have recently acquired one and her eyes bear absolutely no resemblance to my NC Sundance whatsoever. And from what I have seen (on photo's - not first hand experience - could most certainly be wrong!) the eyes of ponies made in a certain country tend to be painted / whatever in the same way. They 'match' if you like. So, you know, I wondered...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:48:38 AM »
Well, put it this way. I am somewhat wary of labelling them definitively all Spanish and I am completely unconvinced that Sundance is Spanish, but right now it's the only theory that we have :)

Some of the family ponies do look Spanish and I believe there's a MIB Spanish set someone here has which says made in Spain on the box. Spain also made a lot of later playsets even after they stopped making ponies (in Europe at least) -Kiss Curl's Parlour can be made in Spain, and the Kitchen often is. So it can't be ruled out but it's also not for sure because I think a lot of the UK sold NC ponies come on cards marked China.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
Thank you for the help! I've spent ages examining her today, and i even used a magnifying glass :lol:

If i look at her and then at the Spanish one, she looks like her, but then if i look at her and then at the normal one under the UK release, she looks like her. Its like those nail polishes and the shoes all over again!

My mum said that she looks more like the Spanish release, but I'm not happy saying that she definitely is, just in case she isn't.

I might bring her with me to PonyCon and ask people for their opinions, haha!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal