collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Lickety-Split

have her
33 (45.2%)
have a variant
7 (9.6%)
have ss
8 (11%)
want a version (tell us which)
14 (19.2%)
have merchandise
4 (5.5%)
army
2 (2.7%)
I'll pass today
5 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: April 16, 2018, 06:53:57 AM

Author Topic: POTD 4/11/18 Lickety-Split  (Read 1570 times)

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 4/11/18 Lickety-Split
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
I have the regular version. She's nothing special with faded hair.
But she's now sporting a 'double tail' as I had a thinnish but pink donor tail which she's wearing with her own -looks as if she's had highlights done. Together with a rather fabulous hat she's now become quite the fashionista (even though she's pink, not my most favoured colour)  :)

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »
Don't have her, but I DO have a beddy-bye eyes baby one. This just reminded me I should try to find her again and clean her practically all orange eyes ;~;

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 05:02:08 PM »
Onto page 2 and nobody posted this yet? Tsk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kuqrAwLtrk

If this counts as merchandise, this is probably the biggest Lickety merchandise of my childhood ;)

In terms of ponies, I didn't tick army, but actually maybe I have a small one. Basic Lickety is very common here, albeit in good condition is harder to find :/

Lickety Split 1 was my first Lickety and came from the local carboot sale. She came from our first carboot sale so I know I got her on 2nd July 1995. :D She has pink hair still but no curl, and right now she is just a mass of braids.

Lickety Split 2 is my upgrade, and has minty curly pink hair.

Lickety Split 3 is faded out and well worn, but she lives here still because I once took her to school as a prop in my Expressive Arts GCSE practical exam, so she's a thespian ;)

Lickety Split 4 is the HK version from Europe with the dark cones who I got last year.

And then I have SS Lickety Split.

Italian Lickety Split. The regular pink one :)

NC Lickety Split.

But I have nothing exceptional or exotic.

I also have the UK card for Lickety Split (1985).

If we're counting babies, then I have the Play and Care Set Baby (MIB), the First Tooth baby and the BBE baby as well.

My strongest memory of Lickety Split from my childhood, aside that song, is the story in one of the books - Lickety Split's Long Gallop, or something. When Lickety Split has eaten too much ice cream and almost gets stuck in a hedge so Majesty sends her with a message around ponyland that tells the recipient to send Lickety on somewhere else, so she gets exercise and loses weight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »
Venezuela Lickety is really pretty pikupapupata! Never seen her before.

Post Merge: April 11, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

Onto page 2 and nobody posted this yet? Tsk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kuqrAwLtrk

If this counts as merchandise, this is probably the biggest Lickety merchandise of my childhood ;)

In terms of ponies, I didn't tick army, but actually maybe I have a small one. Basic Lickety is very common here, albeit in good condition is harder to find :/

Lickety Split 1 was my first Lickety and came from the local carboot sale. She came from our first carboot sale so I know I got her on 2nd July 1995. :D She has pink hair still but no curl, and right now she is just a mass of braids.

Lickety Split 2 is my upgrade, and has minty curly pink hair.

Lickety Split 3 is faded out and well worn, but she lives here still because I once took her to school as a prop in my Expressive Arts GCSE practical exam, so she's a thespian ;)

Lickety Split 4 is the HK version from Europe with the dark cones who I got last year.

And then I have SS Lickety Split.

Italian Lickety Split. The regular pink one :)

NC Lickety Split.

But I have nothing exceptional or exotic.

I also have the UK card for Lickety Split (1985).

If we're counting babies, then I have the Play and Care Set Baby (MIB), the First Tooth baby and the BBE baby as well.

My strongest memory of Lickety Split from my childhood, aside that song, is the story in one of the books - Lickety Split's Long Gallop, or something. When Lickety Split has eaten too much ice cream and almost gets stuck in a hedge so Majesty sends her with a message around ponyland that tells the recipient to send Lickety on somewhere else, so she gets exercise and loses weight.

Well forget Jenny Craig!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:33:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 08:53:59 PM »
@Leave a Whisper : I feel like if I had no other Venezuelan ponies but her, I'd be perfectly content. She's so striking and fun!

@Taffeta : I have never heard that song before, but it made me chuckle aloud, I loved it! It's probably going to be stuck in my head for the next day or so, though.  XD

And what's this about European Lickety-Split with the darker cones? I've never heard of this before, but this is the second post I've seen with a specification of the cones' colour. Do you have any pictures?  :D

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
One of my most favourite early ponies - just adore her. Here's my NSS girl.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:00 AM »
Yay, Lickety-Split! She's one of my gf's childhood favourites. She always wanted a Baby Lickety-Split as well, but never found one. Fast forward about 20 years, and we found one in a charity shop!

We also have a coin purse and some earmuffs with her on.

Lickety-Split in the rain: https://imgur.com/a/Jgy10

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 04:53:04 AM »
This is my European one :

To explain this, basically, 1986 was a really messed up year in Europe in LOTS of ways.

But in 1986, the UK had Gypsy, Honeycomb, Snowflake, Hopscotch and then rereleases of Posey and Cherries Jubilee.

European countries had Snowflake, Hopscotch, Posey, Cherries Jubilee, Lickety Split and white Tootsie. Sometimes made in Italy, and sometimes made in Hong Kong. The one pictured here is the HK one.

Dark cone Lickety belongs to this set.

The Cherries Jubilees sold in these two sets are different from each other and from the 1985 common worldwide sold one.

The Posey sold in these sets is the one with dark tulip symbols and is the same between the UK and Europe.

So this is how dark cone Lickety happened. She existed in a time frame when the US were getting SS ponies, so symbols got darker print, even if they weren't for SS ponies. It's true for Cherries J and Posey as well of course ;)

The song is awesome :D As a kid I knew most of that tape off by heart.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 04:59:01 AM »
I love Lickety Split.  Her sarcastic attitude is compatible with my own  ;)  I had a hard time for years trying to find a minty SS version with great flocking AND unfaded hair AND ideally with factory curls, but literally just yesterday managed to win a super mint super pink SS Lickety in a multi-pony auction.  Can't wait for her to arrive! 

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 08:06:42 AM »
She is gorgeous! Congrats!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
She is gorgeous! Congrats!

Thanks!  :)  I'm so chuffed to finally have her in such beautiful condition!  Unlike regular ponies, So Softs are really hard to restore once the flocking is badly damaged.  It makes finding one in minty, fuzzily, snuzzle-y perfection such an exciting purchase.  I have a mint condition SS Satin and Lace in the mail and on its way to me as well, and she's the last of the SS ponies I need to complete my collection.  It feels like an achievement after all these years!  :D 

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »
Ah thank you, Taffeta! All of that makes sense; I knew about Posey and all of the Cherries Jubilees, just not Lickety-Split, or the So Soft connection! Now I have another variation to add to my hunting (I love UK and European releases).  :biggrin:

Sure enough, as soon as I woke up this morning, the song was playing in my head.  XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:38 AM »
I love Lickety Split.  Her sarcastic attitude is compatible with my own  ;)  I had a hard time for years trying to find a minty SS version with great flocking AND unfaded hair AND ideally with factory curls, but literally just yesterday managed to win a super mint super pink SS Lickety in a multi-pony auction.  Can't wait for her to arrive! 

Ooh what nice flocking she has!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »

Ooh what nice flocking she has!

All the better to snuzzle you with my dear!  :devious:

...Sorry. Couldn't resist.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile