collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I Stumble Upon Pony Paradise?  (Read 3647 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Did I Stumble Upon Pony Paradise?
« on: April 10, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Because after today's finds, it sure feels like it! I didn't get to go pony hunting last week since I pulled a muscle and it hurt too much to walk around for long. But today my mom and I resumed our weekly antique store visit and look at what all we found!

Baby Sea Shimmer! She's in great condition, just a few rubs on her tail but otherwise absolutely lovely.

Baby Whirly-Twirl! I haven't found a G1 boy pony in the wild since I was 7-8 years old, so when I saw feathered hooves in a bag I was so excited I was shaking haha. He's in pretty good condition, although his symbols are sadly rubbed up. I think he might have some tail rust too but his head attachment is kinda scary to think about taking apart so I'll have to work up my courage to mess with it later, if I can.

Brush 'n Grow Curly Locks! She's the very first Brush 'n Grow in my collection, and oh my goodness is she lovely. Her hair is silky smooth and still has some of that lovely pink to it (you can't see it very well in the photos, sadly), and as far as I can tell, neither her mane or tail are cut. Her symbols are perfect with no scratches or rubs at all! She's a little discolored, I think, and she has a couple unnoticeable age marks behind one of her wings, and a bit of ingrained dirt that I'm sure I could probably get out if I tried harder.

Perfume Puff Daisy Sweet! This poor gal has seen better days, but I don't care because I've always hoped to find a Perfume Puff pony in the wild and here she is! She's got some pretty bad discoloration, faded hair and a few marks.

Lastly, I got Seawinkle (please excuse her beheaded-ness, I'm currently letting her dry)! I've always wanted to find a sea pony in the wild, ever since I was little. Today that dream came true! Now this was a pony badly in need of a good scrubbing. Her hair was badly discolored by the rust from her weights. Her neck plug was actually all torn up from part of the weight that had gotten stuck inside her head, and the weights themselves...yuck. The inside of both her head and body were completely covered in rust, but with a toothbrush, some soap-y warm water and a lot of patience, I managed to get her cleaned up pretty good! It looks like a cat might have gnawed on her a bit but that's okay <3 Below are some pics from before I cleaned her up.

I also got my first Totsy fakie, and a Little Pretty Melody Puppy! The Totsy has some issues but the Little Pretty is lovely with just a few marks I think I can get out.

I am completely beside myself with joy right now.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Did I Stumble Upon Pony Paradise?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »
Oh wow! Great great finds!

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
Great finds!! I'm glad to see that they were rescued and given much needed TLC! Thank goodness for dedicated collectors that preserve old toys like these before they're gone for good!

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »
What wonderful finds!!  :biggrin:

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
Oh wow! Great great finds!

Thanks!

Great finds!! I'm glad to see that they were rescued and given much needed TLC! Thank goodness for dedicated collectors that preserve old toys like these before they're gone for good!

Ahh thank you so much! I feel the same way, it's so awesome to see people find old toys and clean them up and take care of them.

What wonderful finds!!  :biggrin:

Thank you!  :frolic:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:26:48 PM »
Congrats! Those are such great finds! Curly Locks looks great and the perfume puff is so cute :) You did a great job cleaning up the sea pony as well!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Wellp, I'm pretty sure I have ninjas cutting onions besides me. Damn I'd love to have that kind of discovery in the wild.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:58 PM »
What great finds!  Congrats
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »
What wonderful finds! Especially Seawinkle and the Pretty Pup. Totsy expressions always crack me up. You just know they're up to something devious.

Those weights are huge huh? I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled it out of my rusty Sealight. You could hurt someone with those. XD

Congratulations! Your pony luck is superb.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
Congrats! Those are such great finds! Curly Locks looks great and the perfume puff is so cute :) You did a great job cleaning up the sea pony as well!

Ah thank you! My mom freaked out when she saw the Perfume Puff, she thought it had gone through the dryer or something before I explained that it was intentional for her hair to look like that hehe. Thanks! My mom thought her hair was supposed to be gray, but it was discoloration from all the rust Dx It was gross. But now she's all squeaky-clean and mostly rust free, and her hair is actually purple now!

Wellp, I'm pretty sure I have ninjas cutting onions besides me. Damn I'd love to have that kind of discovery in the wild.

*prays for you to have good pony luck* One day your time will come and you'll find a whole basket of ponies, you'll see!

What great finds!  Congrats

Thank you! :D

What wonderful finds! Especially Seawinkle and the Pretty Pup. Totsy expressions always crack me up. You just know they're up to something devious.

Those weights are huge huh? I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled it out of my rusty Sealight. You could hurt someone with those. XD

Congratulations! Your pony luck is superb.

Thank you so much! I'm not certain if I'll keep the Pretty Pup yet or not, I don't really collect them but I just couldn't leave her there with her hair all grimy and ick. I adore Totsy fakies so much, I was pretty much just as excited to get this one as I was the G1s haha! Their expressions are truly the best.

They really are, oh my goodness! I was curious what the weights would look like since I'd never seen a sea pony in person but...wow. They really are massive for such a small pony. I guess that explains the insane amount of rust all over her and why it's a little difficult to find sea ponies in the wild at all, let alone in good condition. I shudder to think how many have just been tossed in the trash because of the smell and grime.

Thank you again!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:47:19 PM by dakotadarkhooves »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 06:54:15 PM »
Big congrats! That's a nice mix of sets that aren't as common as the earlier ponies.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »
Wonderful! Whirly-twirl was my first boy pony ever, and I’m glad I’m not the only one who freaked when she found him! I’ve yet to find a haul like this in the wild, but hopefully your luck will rub off a bit.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 03:02:13 AM »
Congrats for finding a seapony in the wild! Kind of confused as to why she was coated in rust on the inside, though. I thought that usually occours from the washer getting old or too wet?

Offline SpookyTrees

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 03:17:58 AM »
Wow congrats on your finds!!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 03:54:23 AM »
That is indeed Pony Paradise - congratulations!

Post Merge: April 11, 2018, 03:57:18 AM

Congrats for finding a seapony in the wild! Kind of confused as to why she was coated in rust on the inside, though. I thought that usually occours from the washer getting old or too wet?

These ponies were played with in the bath, and have a small hole in their head to let the water drain out of them. Buuuut over time and all, I suppose they just get rusty especially if owner kid does not put their pony upside down after every bath time. My childhood seapony is just as yuck inside from her rusted washer. And I remember her getting 'low' in the water during bath times due to all the water that seeped inside.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:57:18 AM by NightGliderSA »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal