collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When and how to proceed? Case closed.  (Read 4855 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
When and how to proceed? Case closed.
« on: April 10, 2018, 05:32:31 AM »
I won a lot on eBay a week ago. I was excited because it was the first I have won in a while and I won it for the opening bid (I am usually sniped at the last minute). It doesn't have anything spectacular in it. It's filled with common G1s, but they look to be in pretty good condition, and I am constantly working to upgrade my collection.

Anyway, I paid right away. I have been patient, but I have noticed it's never been marked shipped, even though the dates eBay says it's supposed to arrive between April 6-10. It's now April 10, and it still hasn't been marked shipped. I had sent a message to the seller yesterday asking if it has been shipped. I heard nothing back. I don't think the seller is going to ship the lot.

I really want this lot. How should I proceed? And if I were not to be able to get this lot, how do I make sure I can leave negative feedback? If the seller had wanted more for the lot, they should have had a higher opening bid, IMO, instead of refusing to send the ponies. Judging by their other auctions, they aren't regular pony sellers.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

* Oh, and one more question: I used my eBay bucks on this lot. Does anyone know whether I get them back to use again if I have to file a case against this seller?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:28:40 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: When and how to proceed?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:04:41 AM »
I would wait a minimum of two weeks to see if the lot arrives.   Even priority mail can get misdirected or slowed down. 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »
I would wait a minimum of two weeks to see if the lot arrives.   Even priority mail can get misdirected or slowed down. 

Even if the seller refuses to message you back or mark the package as shipped? To me, that means they have not even put it in the mail.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 06:43:12 AM »
I would feel comfortable opening a case since the delivery date states April 6-10 and it's the 10th now. 

If they shipped it priority mail, they can track it and could have sent that info to BlueRose. 

*pony hugs* I am saddened to hear of your troubles.  I hope you are able to get the ponies!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 06:51:46 AM »

This is what I would do.

I tend to give people more than 1 day to respond. Some people just don't mark the tracking. Hopefully this is one of those cases.

If you WANT the ponies I'd say hold off on opening a case to see if they respond to you. Catch more flies with honey blah blah ...

I hope it works out for you

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:01:52 AM »
I dunno if this is a regional thing, but I have had a lot of auctions which have arrived without ever being marked as dispatched on ebay. A couple of them were MIP items from Germany and they arrived just fine. It is also possible the seller is away and so isn't answering beccause of that (there are a lot of festival holiday things in different cultures around now so that might be a reason for that aspect of it).

I would give it some more time. I have noticed that lately US postage has been slower than other postage. I've sent a bunch of ponies to the US recently and at the same time sent a trade box to New Zealand and a few to the UK. The UK lots all arrived on time or early and the New Zealand one arrived yesterday but while all the US ones are in the US now, they are still on their way to their destinations. The average delivery time from UK to US is 5-8 days and to New Zealand, longer. I know this is a US lot you are talking about, but the delay in all of my packages is happening on the US side, they all left the UK really quickly but have taken some time to get around the States since landing at US customs, so it seems like a USPS slowdown. I should add these are all parcels which have come into the US through the New York area - the one I sent to California on Saturday was already in LA by yesterday so it might only be one area that's more clogged up.

I wonder if various holiday periods have slowed down postage over there. Easter messes up deliveries here quite substantially, because of closure days and people being on holiday etc. So yes, they should respond to you - but I still would give it a week more before you panic.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:03:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:10:56 AM »
I dunno if this is a regional thing, but I have had a lot of auctions which have arrived without ever being marked as dispatched on ebay. A couple of them were MIP items from Germany and they arrived just fine. It is also possible the seller is away and so isn't answering beccause of that (there are a lot of festival holiday things in different cultures around now so that might be a reason for that aspect of it).

I would give it some more time. I have noticed that lately US postage has been slower than other postage. I've sent a bunch of ponies to the US recently and at the same time sent a trade box to New Zealand and a few to the UK. The UK lots all arrived on time or early and the New Zealand one arrived yesterday but while all the US ones are in the US now, they are still on their way to their destinations. The average delivery time from UK to US is 5-8 days and to New Zealand, longer. I know this is a US lot you are talking about, but the delay in all of my packages is happening on the US side, they all left the UK really quickly but have taken some time to get around the States since landing at US customs, so it seems like a USPS slowdown. I should add these are all parcels which have come into the US through the New York area - the one I sent to California on Saturday was already in LA by yesterday so it might only be one area that's more clogged up.

I wonder if various holiday periods have slowed down postage over there. Easter messes up deliveries here quite substantially, because of closure days and people being on holiday etc. So yes, they should respond to you - but I still would give it a week more before you panic.

Both the seller and I are in the U.S. and there haven't been any holidays between the sale date and now.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:13:43 AM »
If you read what I said, I did say that I realised that. BUT that the slowdown in the postage was since the parcels arrived in the US, thus in the USPS system.

Also I didn't mean that post offices were closed, but that postal workers might have taken time off over Easter, or Passover, or even orthodox Easter weekends and breaks, making things more short staffed and thus creating a backlog that is still being cleared. And that might also account for the seller not communicating with you, as when people are away, they are less communicative.

It might of course be exactly as you fear. But it is worth exploring other possibilities and giving a bit longer just in case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »
If you read what I said, I did say that I realised that. BUT that the slowdown in the postage was since the parcels arrived in the US, thus in the USPS system.

Also I didn't mean that post offices were closed, but that postal workers might have taken time off over Easter, or Passover, or even orthodox Easter weekends and breaks, making things more short staffed and thus creating a backlog that is still being cleared. And that might also account for the seller not communicating with you, as when people are away, they are less communicative.

It might of course be exactly as you fear. But it is worth exploring other possibilities and giving a bit longer just in case.

OK, gotcha. I waited a week in contacting them in case they were away, but my fear is that they are avoiding me because they think I got some kind of deal on common ponies. In truth, if they are in as good of condition as I think they are, I did get a pretty good deal, but not stellar deal, as there isn't anything rare or hard to find in the lot. But I was looking forward to having a mint/near mint Seashell and Tickle (as mine has symbol rust).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 07:47:06 AM »
It's really sad that there are so many sellers and buyers who don't consider ebay purchases and sales binding these days :( I totally understand why you are ill at ease, but let's keep fingers crossed. Sometimes people are just disorganised :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »
Oh, and one more question: I used my eBay bucks on this lot. Does anyone know whether I get them back to use again if I have to file a case against this seller?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »
One of my most recent purchases simply wasn't put in the mail since the shipping label was printed, so it arrived a few days after the delivery date. If they haven't responded, though, that is definitely fishy, but they may just be disorganized as Taffeta said. Hopefully your ponies are sent soon.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »
Still no response. I sent another message asking for a tracking number. We'll see whether I hear back. I think they are avoiding me. They have just under 100 positive feedback and nothing appeared off about this auction. But I have had a bad feeling that they weren't going to send it ever since I won it. Probably because it's the first auction I have won in a while.....

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When and how to proceed? With an additional question
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 07:56:15 AM »
Ouch! What is starting to worry me is that I am reading posts like this more and more. You won the lot: The seller should ship your purchase and also respond to your messages out of common courtesy. Why do people no longer feel they need to honour things like this? It's sad.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When and how to proceed? With an additional question
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
Ouch! What is starting to worry me is that I am reading posts like this more and more. You won the lot: The seller should ship your purchase and also respond to your messages out of common courtesy. Why do people no longer feel they need to honour things like this? It's sad.

This.

That's why I really hope this is just a disorganised seller. You can no longer trust what you are buying will actually get to you till it does, and that's sad. As I said somewhere else, back in the days when there was no paypal and you had to send cash in the post if you were overseas (I do not recommend this in this day and age but back then you even paid ebay's fees that way!), you had a better chance of getting your item safely because sellers more often honoured the transaction even if it meant waiting for the cash to arrive.

People have become lazy and greedy. They want more money for less work. Thus we have GSP, we have people who dump ponies on ebay without washing them with no attempt to ID them but with a silly BIN and we have folk who list from their phone with a description that says "see pictures" and that's it.

I am still keeping fingers crossed for you, bluerose, but if you still hear nothing in the next couple of days, opening a case through ebay and stating that you want your item but are having trouble getting a tracking number from the seller might nudge them in the right direction.

People need to realise that it's not the case that "so long as I refund them nobody gets hurt." People don't bid on items to pass the time, they bid because they want them.

There's a lot on ebay atm which is currently unbid but at a silly BIN price. I know that was already won by someone in the community but the seller cancelled and relisted it at several times the price immediately after. It makes me glad to see it hasn't sold at this inflated price. It makes me hope that that seller will learn from it that greed doesn't pay.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal