collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The adventures of Snuzzle in the UK, a picture adventure...(pic heavy)  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Retro Snuzzle joined my pony family this week. She was a gift from an awesome ponyperson here at the Arena, and she has been getting used to her new home. Of course, moving abroad is never easy, especially when you have to do it on your own...

The box had stopped moving. Snuzzle sat very still in the bottom, hoping that this wasn't going to be another interrogation. She could still remember the scrutiny of the Customs scanner and she wasn't sure that she liked being xrayed. The box was still dark, but then there was the sound of tape being cut, and the next moment light streamed in. Snuzzle waited for a moment, then popped her head out to see where she was...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nothing looked familiar. She climbed out of the box, trying to get a grip on her surroundings, when suddenly she was accosted by a group of tiny creatures with big eyes who, with excited screams and yells, began to clamber all over her. "Play with us! Play with us!" they chanted, grabbing up bits of packing material and throwing it at poor Snuzzle as though starting a snow fight.

Terrified, Snuzzle struggled to her feet. She was bigger than her assailants, but the awkwardly close position of her hooves meant that it was all she could do to hop away. Ultimately, though, their tails meant they got caught up in the strange purple grass, and Snuzzle managed to leave them behind.

Snuzzle decided she would be safer climbing to high ground. She paused to catch her breath on a convenient looking black plinth, but...

When she glanced up, she saw an angry looking warrior with his sword raised as if to cut off her head! Panicked, Snuzzle hurried away before he could bring his blade down. What is this place, she thought. Everything here is crazy!

As she ran, she passed a shelf with giant books on it. All the books had writing in a funny language, and Snuzzle stared at it. Did they not speak English in this strange place she had come to? How would she ever make friends if she couldn't even speak the language?

She reached the window, but in her haste, she tripped up, almost falling headlong over a suspiciously pink and purple cliff face. Instinctively she grabbed on to the tendrils of a nearby plant, hoping and praying that someone would rescue her!

Just as she felt her grip beginning to slip, someone called out to her.

"Snuzzle! Snuzzle!"

How did they know her name? Snuzzle struggled to see who had spoken to her. To her surprise, two ponies were looking down on her...and they looked very familiar indeed!

"Hi!" Said one cheerfully. "I'm Snuzzle!" "Hi!" said the other. "I'm Snuzzle, too. Welcome, Snuzzle! We've been expecting you!"

Surprised, Snuzzle let the Snuzzles help her out of her predicament. It took a while, because ponies don't have opposable thumbs, and aren't much good with teeth, either. Still, ultimately they managed to haul Snuzzle back to safety.

"Come with us!" They said. "We'll take you to the magic mirror, and it will tell you all you need to know!"

Glad to have finally found some friendly - if surreally familiar - faces, Snuzzle followed her new companions towards a strange, white thing with a large mirror like space stretched out from one side to the other. In front of this mirror were buttons with letters on, and, as Snuzzle gazed at it, one of the Snuzzles explained.

"This is the Magic Mirror," they told her importantly. "It belongs to Majesty, the Queen Pony. The Human who lives here is Majesty's agent and she uses it to bring new friends here to Ponyland. Your arrival was also predicted by the Magic Mirror."

Both ponies paused at this point to bow reverently before the mirror.

"The Mirror knows everything," the second Snuzzle added. "It even knows what year you were released and what's written on your hooves. I'm sure it can help you figure out life in the UK."

Sure enough, the Mirror had answers, and Snuzzle felt relieved. Maybe things weren't as crazy here as she had first thought.

"You should send the Mirror a message," the older Snuzzle suggested. "There's another Human, out there in America, who will want to know that you are safely here. You can send a message through the mirror. Here. You can type it using the buttons."

It was a bit difficult to type a message, as the buttons were the size of Snuzzle's hooves, and she found it very hard not to accidentally hit the wrong keys, but eventually she managed to write a passable message to the Human in America who had sent her on her way.

When she had finished, the Snuzzles took Snuzzle to visit the home of the ponies. Everyone was excited to see her, and welcomed her with exclamations of joy. (They would have liked to have hugged her, but it's not easy to hug when you're made of plastic, so instead they just smiled as much as they could. Talk-a-lot even told Snuzzle that she loved her, which made Snuzzle feel very much at home.

Finally, exhausted after a long day of adventures, Snuzzle settled down to sleep. It was not at all the new home she had been expecting, but thanks to Snuzzle and Snuzzle, she felt sure that she would soon settle here and make it the best home ever.

...Just so long as those mischievous sea ponies didn't manage to find her, of course...

Huge :hug: to LeaveAWhisper for making Snuzzle's trip to the UK possible. You are awesome :D

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:41:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Fantastic.  I enjoyed your story.  Snuzzle is a favorite of mine.  Great story.  Congrats on  your new girl.  Whisper you are such a great pony friend!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Wow, she had quite an adventure Taf. The story was really fun. I'm so glad she feels welcomed and at home. I love Majesty's Magic Mirror, and how your one of her agents. The baby merponies must have been quite a shock. Hee hee. That samurai statue is awesome btw.

Big :hug: back to you both and her snuzzly sisters.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:24:19 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Well, we all know how much trouble baby merponies can be. It's Sun Twist who's the ringleader.

Thank you for sending her :hug: She's really pretty. I do like the pale pink on her, it suits her so nicely. And it was just fun to have her play with Snuzzle and Snuzzle. Usually they're not easily accessible on my shelf but because of my sorting, they happened to be out of the cupboard, so I thought they were the perfect guides ;D

We are all agents of the Magic Mirror O.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Great picture story, Taffeta. :) Congrats on your new retro Snuzzle.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Such a great story! Congrats on getting Snuzzle :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Nothing is quite as familiar as your own self to guide you. XD

She does have very pretty pink hair. :lovey:

Wasn't the box artwork even prettier in person?

Agents or slaves? ;)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpookyTrees

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
So wonderful! Congrats!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Majesty is your agent...lol  :lol:
I love your photos! These sorts of threads are so much fun to read. I hope Snuzzle adjusts well.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Stellaluna

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Nice story and fun pictures! Glad Snuzzle made it safely. I love Snuzzle!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The adventures of Snuzzle in the UK, a picture adventure...(pic heavy)
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
The retro Snuzzle is really different in shade to my older two, but they look cute together. Her symbols are so huge O.O.

@LAW - yes, the box is amazing <3 I love that it's based on proper G1 art of these girls rather than some new attempt at drawing them. They look so lively and happy playing in the grass and it's nice to have a package that isn't PINK!

Agents. Slaves. Much the same in Majesty's eyes.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 09:20:33 AM »
Oh this is so fun!  :D  I love how the ponies believe in the Power of the Magic Mirror.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
 just wish the Magic Mirror didn't crash or freeze up so often. Sigh. They don't make magic like they used to.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »
Very cute. I loved the part where Snuzzle wondered how everybody knew her name - only to find her new sisters that look just like her :lovey:

Congrats on your new addition :frolic:

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
Aw, Snuzzle was the first of the 35th Anniversary ponies that I got (and also how I found out that they existed).

This was adorable; thank you for sharing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal