collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mexico Butterscotch / Argentina Baby Cotton Candy Pose Butterscotch Hair Match?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hey restorers and customizers!

I have to restore some half-bald Butterscotches, poor things.

I can tell you what colors they're not (all colors are from Dollyhair) but I don't want to just keep ordering shots in the dark and my monitors seem to be nearly entirely inaccurate for the actual colors.

Mexican Butterscotch:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Nylon Golden Goddess (kinda knew this going in that there was no way it was a match, it was more of a "maybe I'll just rehair a regular one)
  • Nylon Golden Sun
  • Polypropylene Alluring.

Has anyone found a good match?

I'm a touch afraid that it might be Goldenrod or Butter Pecan. Or a blend (I am not having luck with the blends being really consistent, too chunky these days). 

Argie Butterscotch,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mermaid's close, and I suspect mine is just faded.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Nirvana hair is can be unique in both colour and texture, which makes matching hard as you have found.

I used a bit of vintage pony hair to part rehair an Argie Baby Butterscotch. I think it was a bit of a Peach Blossom tail as it was pretty close to Mermaid when I compared them. The match wasn't perfect, but close enough for her owner to be happy :)

Depending on how much is missing from the mane, it is possible to take a bit of the tail to fill a few plugs.

I'm sorry I'm not much help :(

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks pkw.

If you don't know, and you've restored a bunch, maybe I'll just go with plan B...which was to just pick any hair I liked and make it contrast. I'm going to attempt to make it non-permanent anyway(pull though, tie strong around the loop, and leave a tail where I can tie them all together and it can just kind of hang out within easy reach), in case I decide to part with them and the next owners want only original hair. They might look cool if I match the replacement hair to their symbols and add a teensy streak to their tails (which had to be removed due to massive rusting anyway).

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
I like the idea of adding a contrast very much :)

I always rehair in such a way that it can be undone if someone chooses to do do :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal