collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fair moving about?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MOC Mimic
Fair moving about?
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
Does anyone know if the new pony fair (whatever Summer is calling it now) will be moving around year-to-year like the original one, or is it pretty much going to be in FL for the foreseeable future? :huh:

I ask mainly for academic interest at this point, since I don’t think the planners have been able to work that out yet (especially since they’re currently working on this year’s fair!). On the one hand, staying in one place is more convenient since they don’t have to hunt for a new location, but on the other, FL is difficult for some to get to (assuming you’re coming from farther away than the surrounding 5-10 states/the east coast area).

Thoughts?
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Fair moving about?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the new pony fair (whatever Summer is calling it now) will be moving around year-to-year like the original one, or is it pretty much going to be in FL for the foreseeable future? :huh:

We have not made any solid plans for future locations after 2018. There are a lot of factors that go into the location choice, and it works out best for everyone involved in planning to wrap up the current year's event before jumping into planning for the following year. ;)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:47:58 AM »
I'll bet it is a ton of work! I like when it moves, too- Florida is a really long way from Minnesota! However, when it was in Chicago I still didn't make it...
Looking forward to seeing how this fair goes!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
I was actually discussing this with my friend last night! Although it would be wonderful for us if the fair stayed in Orlando because we're only a 3.5 hour's drive north, it would also be just as nice if it moved around because then we could also incorporate traveling and visiting friends into the trip. I have a friend in southern California who also loves ponies and it would be great to meet up with him at a pony fair one day.

Has this convention now or ever been owned or organized by Hasbro themselves? Or is it fan-run? I used to attend BotCon which is a Hasbro licensed and endorsed convention, and they would flip it back and forth between "east coast" and west coast every year, even though east coast was actually held in Chicago.
~Stellaluna, Tippy, Tracey, Gezibing, whatever you wanna call me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Selling G1, G2, G3 G4 & More!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:46:13 PM »
I was actually discussing this with my friend last night! Although it would be wonderful for us if the fair stayed in Orlando because we're only a 3.5 hour's drive north, it would also be just as nice if it moved around because then we could also incorporate traveling and visiting friends into the trip. I have a friend in southern California who also loves ponies and it would be great to meet up with him at a pony fair one day.

Has this convention now or ever been owned or organized by Hasbro themselves? Or is it fan-run? I used to attend BotCon which is a Hasbro licensed and endorsed convention, and they would flip it back and forth between "east coast" and west coast every year, even though east coast was actually held in Chicago.

Hi There,

The event was licensed and endorsed by Hasbro until this year. Now that Hasbro has their own HasCon event, they no longer are a part of Pony Fair.

As far as moving around, we are just trying to get through this year before planning any further events. :)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 03:08:20 AM »
That's really unfortunate.  I have no interest at all in attending HasCon.  It doesn't cater to the same things at all as Pony Fair does.   I've read about HasCon and watched videos etc and it's great for those interested in multi-lines of Hasbro but feels over all like a toy fair/giant advertisement for new stuff.   It would have been great if there had been their own con for fans/customers but would have benefited, in my opinion, to also endorse individual events Pony Fair, Transormer ones etc that focus on a certain market and include far more for fans than snippets of stuff at a multi-franchise event.

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:42:05 AM »
It would have been great if there had been their own con for fans/customers but would have benefited, in my opinion, to also endorse individual events Pony Fair, Transormer ones etc that focus on a certain market and include far more for fans than snippets of stuff at a multi-franchise event.

^THIS !

It's no coincidence that Hasbro stopped endorsing BotCon and the Pony Fair around the same time. Hasbro pulled BotCon in 2016, a con which had been going on since 1994 and officially endorsed by Hasbro since 2002. So they pulled the plug on the Pony Fair in 2017 then? It all makes sense. I suppose they figured there's no money to be made by older toy fans, since they're only buying amongst themselves and not even purchasing new products as much as old ones. HasCon was obviously a plan to cut unnecessary expenses and redirect all their resources into promoting current product. From a business standpoint, it was logical. But it still makes me a bit sad so be sort of "left behind", in a way.

On the bright side, fan-run conventions are actually much better and Hasbro ones in a lot of ways. This is only coming from my personal experiences in the Transformers community. TFcon is way more fun than BotCon was, because those who ran it were truly passionate about their convention rather than seeing it as just a money-making event (like BotCon seemed to be).

This will be my first Pony Fair, and honestly I'm very excited to experience it at a time when I'm certain it will be able to reach its full potential!
~Stellaluna, Tippy, Tracey, Gezibing, whatever you wanna call me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Selling G1, G2, G3 G4 & More!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
i figured that Hasbro wasn't part of it anymore....and I also like that it moves around because it gives others a chance at coming...I know I am driving all the way from Minnesota!!....lol..but mostly because its a lot cheaper than flying and I can bring what I want to sell