collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When will your collection be complete? Will it ever?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When will your collection be complete? Will it ever?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 12:37:45 PM »
Give me some money and I can complete my collection, LOL!  I just need a few hard to get U.S. Ponies and then complete some overseas sets I want.
I'm not big into variants either.  But it all comes down to money!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
i want everything
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 03:14:41 PM »
I mostly collect orange ponies. My G2s are complete. G3s are complete as far as regular ponies go, I'm still missing some Ponyville figures and a couple Tiny Tins. G1s have a ways to go, especially if I want all the orange Nirvanas (and I do!). I have a few G3.5 but I don't really look for them and G4 is just Blind Bags for now. I kinda have a mini collection of all the BB Applejacks that started as an accident :lol: Luckily, I don't collect plushies so I don't need to worry about that.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 04:50:17 PM »
There's only one more pony I want, as I like small collections. I'm having a really hard time finding Heart Throb and have been for years but my determination somehow manages to keep itself going. :lol:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
Probably not. I really enjoy thrifting for ponies and pony merchandise, and when I do so, I thrift all the pony stuff I find that I don't have (unless it's merch that's too damaged and impossible to fix, but all actual ponies I don't have come home regardless of condition). I've also got quite a lot of sets I'd like to complete, as well as some gimmicks that I really love and would like to get every pony with it (such as pearlized for all generations, and cascading symbols and gradients for G3s).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 09:24:07 PM »
I don't have any kind of hard or fast limit, but I'll collect ponies until it no longer makes me happy. My wishlist isn't particularly big anymore so I suppose from that perspective there's some sort of limit, though its not like I refuse to buy any ponies off my wishlist if I decide I really want them.

The only thing I'm super particular about is Sundances; I want every single Sundance from all generations (including the ponies I count as Sundance-ish, like Nurse Redheart). Beyond that only time will tell!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
Love this topic!

For me, its to own a version of EVERY original pony produced in the US and UK/Euro ponies. I don't care as much about variants, but I own EVERY US pony released in stores, and most of the MOs, but I'm realistic about the MOs, because of pricing,  I will NEVER own a Rapunzel, so my eventual goal with her is to have a custom repro of her, as well as the other VHTF and more expensive MOs.

As far as Euros/UKs go, I plan to have every non-variant released, meaning I don't seek out variants like alt-pose Magic star and the like, but all teh original characters. as far as that list goes, I only have 16 left, so essentially when I get those final 16, and customs or originals of all the US MOs I need, THEN my collection will be complete...

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 10:56:25 PM »
I don't have any kind of hard or fast limit, but I'll collect ponies until it no longer makes me happy. My wishlist isn't particularly big anymore so I suppose from that perspective there's some sort of limit, though its not like I refuse to buy any ponies off my wishlist if I decide I really want them.
As someone who has a VERY large Disney's The Little Mermaid memorabilia collection (and yes I know this is about ponies) I think that this is very true for me. Because of how young I was when I started collecting Ariel stuff (I was 9 when the movie came out), I look back at some of it now and go "why did I buy that?" or "why am I keeping that?". So for my MLP collection it is about what makes me happy and not about must collect them all because I have already gone through a phase of that in my life.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:44 PM »
Complete? Never ever. So long as ponies are being made, it will never be done. I’m not really picky about collecting a special type of pony, I just want to collect everything I can before I die. Or get put into a computer. Then buy more ponies for all eternity!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 12:47:46 AM »
As an all gen collector I know my collection will never be 100% complete. For G1 and G2 I try to get my hands on everything because thats more a thing from my youth. From g3 on I decided not to collect every single merch or large playsets anymore. I don't have place for everything and think "why I should buy that". And even then I still have a large collection to be proud of. Enjoying it with no rush and if there is a budget to spend.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 01:07:37 AM »
I actually feel like I have all the ponies I want at the moment :O shocking, I know!

My collection is very much just ponies I like, and I've nearly filled my pony cupboard now. So I only buy ponies when I find them in the wild. Most of my pony-time these days is about appreciating the ponies I have.

That said: if ever I find a deflocked Ribbon, I am buying her! She is my grail.

Also, if there's a G5 later on, I will probably buy at least one pony from it, as I like having at least one pony from each generation.

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
I doubt mine will ever be complete since I have pretty high hopes. My main goal is to have every American release of ponies and their friends (Megan, bushwoolies, duck soup, etc). I still collect g1 merch and playsets when I come across them for a good price, but they aren’t my main focus.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
what? this is supposed to be a finished project eventually ?   I am having too much fun now making some customs to add in the herd and then there's always finding buddies like zelfs and LPS and ... and

nah  = the toy-room is always a creative and evolving space at my house :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »
Oh.  Well, I don’t feel my collection will ever feel complete.  I’m not actively buying right now and I feel pretty content with what I have.  But, who couldn’t use more ponies?   ^.^

I’d love all the first 3 years of generation one.  Rainbow ponies, first unicorns and pegasis ponies, baby ponies and so on.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:45:58 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
Complete sets maybe ....lol....but never really complete in total ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal