collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Quarterback

have him
20 (54.1%)
want him
8 (21.6%)
army
1 (2.7%)
I'll pass today
7 (18.9%)
he's new to me
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: April 10, 2018, 05:37:25 AM

Author Topic: POTD 4/5/18 Quarterback  (Read 2164 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: POTD 4/5/18 Quarterback
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 06:23:00 AM »
@Taffeta  I have a Hasbro Toy Fair catalog that shows Steamer under the name of Casey.  :)  (I think everyone else had their regular American names.)

I did a little googling, and it seems like the name Casey is associated with railroad engineers thanks to  Casey Jones, a late-1800s train engineer who died heroically in a train crash.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:33:18 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
@Taffeta  I have a Hasbro Toy Fair catalog that shows Steamer under the name of Casey.  :)  (I think everyone else had their regular American names.)

I did a little googling, and it seems like the name Casey is associated with railroad engineers thanks to  Casey Jones, a late-1800s train engineer who died heroically in a train crash.

Which may explain the choice of Casey Jones as the character in the Turtles, too. Interesting. Thanks for that tidbit :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »
I've always wondered about "Score"/"Lilac", too. I'm guessing that perhaps those were names Hasbro were considering for them and the names still hadn't been finalized by the time those episodes went into production.. and then by the time the names WERE finalized, it was too late to change it for the cartoon, or no one got round to telling the cartoon people that their names had changed? That or there was a miscommunication somewhere down the line, I suppose. It's weird.

Casey would've been a cute name for Steamer ^o^ And, I've always thought it was weird that QB wasn't renamed for the UK.. IMO his name is the most American out of the Big Brothers', so you'd think they'd change it? Odd.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Here's mine :)

(hmm, not the best photo of him, I'll admit. I should take a better one sometime.)

I love boy ponies ^_^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
I guess with an American football on his rump, they just shrugged their shoulders and went with the American-ness of him.

I too think that Princess Lilac was probably a 'prototype' name for Princess Sparkle . . . Her medallion is flower-shaped and her backcard story specifically involves lilacs.

Princess Sparkle gazed at the pretty spring morning, eager for the day ahead. Today she was going to surprise her forest friends with a special visit! She packed a picnic basket then went to the garden to pick some flowers, but they were gone! She headed for the woods anyway, but no one was there when she arrived! "Mr. Owl! Bunny Rabbit!" she called. No one answered. Suddenly she heard a rustling noise nearby. She followed it and to her surprise, her friends had planned a tea party especially for her! "But how did you know I was coming today?" Sparkle asked. "That was easy," laughed Mrs. Skunk. "We picked your pretty lilacs and knew you'd follow the scent!"

She's also a light lavender, like a lot of lilacs . . . I actually prefer Princess Lilac over Princess Sparkle as a name.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »
I can absolutely understand why he's not called Score...........especially with Slugger's alternative name in the same set !!!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
I can absolutely understand why he's not called Score...........especially with Slugger's alternative name in the same set !!!

:snicker:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
Don't have him.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »

That only makes sense if you forget that they already did Pillow Talk, Night Cap and Pink Dreams in the same set.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »

That only makes sense if you forget that they already did Pillow Talk, Night Cap and Pink Dreams in the same set.

See, with Nightcap and Pink Dreams I figure maybe they just didn't think their names through properly. But Pillow Talk... c'mon, they knew exactly what they were doing when they named her that. :P

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »

See, with Nightcap and Pink Dreams I figure maybe they just didn't think their names through properly. But Pillow Talk... c'mon, they knew exactly what they were doing when they named her that. :P

Night Cap and Pink Dreams only really become concerning when put together with Pillow Talk xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 06:11:30 AM »
I don't have any of the Big Brother ponies yet.  One day I'd love to have complete sets of them, but right now they're not high on my priority list.  One day though.

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 01:20:23 PM »
I think he's the blandest of the Big Brother ponies.  His symbol just strikes me as being extremely lazy.   Like, it seems like they could have had more than just the football.  The football as it flies through the goal post thing, for example.  Or at least some 'movement' lines.

This! He's one of the few boys I *won't* be buying. I like his colour but dislike his symbol and I'm not into American football so...pass for me.
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »
I'm undecided on him. I like his colors but don't like football.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
Army. I don't like him as much as some of the others boys but have still managed to acquire quite a few including US and UK MOC. I can confirm that his name is Quarterback on both. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal