collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Bride With Different Cutie Mark Rarity?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Pony Bride With Different Cutie Mark Rarity?
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:27:40 PM »
I have a pony bride who doesn't have the typical two doves cutie mark (I could try to post a picture if you need a pic of it). I don't really hear much about her and I mostly, if not always, hear about the pony bride with the two doves cutie mark. My pony's cutie mark is a heart with a bouquet over the heart and I believe I heard somewhere that this was the later release but I'm not sure. Is one rarer than the other, or can someone just give me any information about these two ponies? Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Bride With Different Cutie Mark Rarity?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »
There were four wedding ponies. Satin n Lace(who has several versions), Pony Bride, Bridal Beauty, and Tux n Tails/ Coat n Tails. It sounds like your wedding pony is Bridal Beauty.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Bridal_Beauty
As far as I know, her and Pony Bride are fairly common. Tux n Tails and certain versions of Satin n Lace are harder to find and can be somewhat pricey

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »
There were four wedding ponies. Satin n Lace(who has several versions), Pony Bride, Bridal Beauty, and Tux n Tails/ Coat n Tails. It sounds like your wedding pony is Bridal Beauty.
As far as I know, her and Pony Bride are fairly common. Tux n Tails and certain versions of Satin n Lace are harder to find and can be somewhat pricey

Yep! That's her. Thank you so much for letting me know. I knew I heard of her somewhere, I just couldn't remember where.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:05:27 AM »

Five, technically. You forgot Wedding Bells Confetti in that list.

I think Hasbro were a bit lazy with the whole Pony Bride/Bridal Beauty thing, as the ponies are very similar. They did take the time to give them different accessories, though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 06:56:57 AM »
Yep, sounds like Bridal Beauty.  :)  She's a lot rarer than Pony Bride.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »
uh what?  G1s don't have cutie marks, they have symbols .  cutie mark is a G3/G4 term.

it's a technicality ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »
I mean, if we're getting technical then G1s don't have symbols either, they have "rump markings" and G2s have "rump designs".  Symbol is not a canon term.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
I mean, if we're getting technical then G1s don't have symbols either, they have "rump markings" and G2s have "rump designs".  Symbol is not a canon term.

Everytime someone reminds me that Hasbro called them "rump markings" it brings up a whole slew of fun musical numbers.  Like "Hump de Bump" from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  And "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas.  And don't forget "Shake Your Rump" by the Beastie Boys.  And "Rump Shaker" by Wreckx-N-Effect !!!! 

Oh geez my age is showing again... ;)  *shakes a fakie at pedestrians from her porch*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »
Question that's on topic I think - for US people in general. Is Bridal Beauty significantly rarer in the US because she was part of the final year there?

I don't know that there's a difference here but I haven't really looked because I don't like either of them. My sister has both of them but she had Bridal Beauty from new so I don't remember ever looking for one at a carboot sale.

I would personally expect that her veil is more difficult to find because the bead strap strip of plastic snaps easily. Pony Bride has a nicer one, though.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:46 AM »
Shake that rump!

I remember when G2 came out the "rump design" on their packaging made me think of ponies who had had their butts shaped with liposuction.

@Taffeta  IMO yes, it is because she was part of the final year.  All the ponies from that year are pretty hard to find (especially in the wild).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »
I think it's the Magic Message ponies here that have 'rump marking' on their card...

And @LM, interesting. Thanks for the info. Here she was out in 1993 I think, because she has the lurid pink box, not the nice sophisticated silver bordered box of her predecessor, and ponies from that year are not so hard to find as the ones from 1994 (our final year), but most of them didn't come out in the US and that's made them seem rarer overall. Birthday (10th Anniversary) Pony is another who did the same and I've noticed she seems to be getting more sought after too, so I wondered if there was a connection, even though they're not regionally exclusive.

Most of the last year of US release didn't get to the UK, although they did get to other places, so it can be easy to kind of overlook the few that did and figure out where they fit in.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal