collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help! How to assemble a brittle Paradise Estate?  (Read 333 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Help! How to assemble a brittle Paradise Estate?
« on: April 04, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
I've finally got to the stage in my pony room set-up where I'm ready to assemble my Paradise Estate Playset. Ideally I'd like to have all the pieces clicked together, but is this actually a terrible idea? The plastic is so brittle I'm worried I'll shatter pieces if I try to construct the hinges (room and front wall hinge connections) and then if I ever have to move it (inevitable as we're renting) it will be more cumbersome fragile than ever.

What do people think? Should I just put pieces next to each other without fully assembling it? I have a heat gun I could use to warm the plastic so it's more malleable, but that might cause faster ageing. It really would look beautiful completely assembled but I don't want to risk damaging it.

Oh, what to do? :yikes:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Re: Help! How to assemble a brittle Paradise Estate?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
I'll try to help the best I can with my knowledge of brittle playsets in the past.

First off, I would probably wait until you found a forever home to assemble it completely, but if you're going to be staying at your rental you could try to assemble it if you want. Just be very gentle when snapping it together. If it doesn't want to go together, I wouldn't push your luck. I'd just lay it so they look connected. I would not advise heating the plastic in case you also accidentally misshape the plastic as well...

Again, I'm not an expert at this. I hope this helped though!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal