collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there any hope for my poor LemonDrop?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Is there any hope for my poor LemonDrop?
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:55:33 PM »
This is my G1 Lemondrop I got from a lot I bought from ebay as a bait. She had pindot (Which I heard can be reduced with vinnegar), but Is there anything I can do about the puncture holes in her legs and cheeks? I guess the previous owner's bird must've gotten into it, poor baby.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: Is there any hope for my poor LemonDrop?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:08:35 PM »
It's great to see that you'd like to try restoring her! Hmm...you might try patching them up with air-dry clay or Apoxy, provided you're comfortable with color-matching paint to fit her body so you can cover them up after they dry! I would try to get the pin-dot taken care of first of course, so you don't have to worry about getting the clay and paint wet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:13:52 PM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:12:09 PM »
Hmm...you might try patching them up with air-dry clay, provided you're comfortable with color-matching paint to fit her body so you can cover them up after they dry!

That's a good idea! I really hope my local craft store has at least a very similar shade of yellow. If not, I guess experimenting with mixing yellow and white might work. I'll try that.
I might need to do that after I get a hold of some vinnegar for the pindot/cancer, (I've forgotten the difference, but I'd assume pindot ALL over the body is considered cancer.), so as to not mess with the clay.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 07:15:07 PM »
Actually it looks more like a cat was chewing on her. One of my cats got a hold of a pony. He chewed on it and left very similar marks. The pony my cat got a hold of was a G3 so the marks weren't as deep, but they still look the same.

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »
Actually it looks more like a cat was chewing on her. One of my cats got a hold of a pony. He chewed on it and left very similar marks. The pony my cat got a hold of was a G3 so the marks weren't as deep, but they still look the same.
Awh, that's a shame. Hope your chewed G3 pony is alright now.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
Pindot is just dirt in the pores of the plastic. You can get rid of it with very hot water and lots of scraping. I've not heard of using vinegar but it won't hurt to try :)

And yeah, the best thing for punctures or chews is clay. Since the holes are so small you could also use a polymer clay (like Sculpey) and use a hair dryer to set it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 07:33:42 PM »
and use a hair dryer to set it.

That won't melt the legs? Or was that hair I was thinking of that melts when you expose it to a hair dryer?

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:40:50 PM »
Okay. To clear up some things first: Pindot, also called smooze, is dirt that has managed to get itself into the pores in the vinyl. Age spots (cancer can be insensitive) are cause by either conditions causing the plastic to deteriorate or mold. They look like brown circles on the body. They are not the same thing. Pindot all over is not age spots :) It looks like your pony does not have age spots anyway :)

You can remove the pindot by first heating up the vinyl with hot water. You can use a running sink or dunk her in a bowl if you want. Make sure the vinyl is nice and squishy, and start scraping! Some people also add soap. It may take a while, and you may need to keep reheating the vinyl, but you'll get there ;)

As for the holes, like others have suggested, you should probably use clay and paint over it. Also, if you don't want to tackle that, you may want to buy some ponywear for her or sew your own! Just be careful it doesn't stain if you do decide to.

Vinyl can withstand heat. A hairdryer won't hurt it :) Pony nylon can melt though, so be careful.

This is a good site if you want to do some more research: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 07:41:50 PM »
Awh, that's a shame. Hope your chewed G3 pony is alright now.

It was a duplicate that I found at a garage sale. She had some kind of smell to her that drove my cat crazy. He didn't do too much damage before I got the pony away from him, but the marks look the same.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 10:09:37 PM »
and use a hair dryer to set it.

That won't melt the legs? Or was that hair I was thinking of that melts when you expose it to a hair dryer?

You can heat the spots of clay in shifts, letting the pony cool some in between.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mewthemew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 02:41:31 AM »
Okay. To clear up some things first: Pindot, also called smooze, is dirt that has managed to get itself into the pores in the vinyl. Age spots (cancer can be insensitive) are cause by either conditions causing the plastic to deteriorate or mold. They look like brown circles on the body. They are not the same thing. Pindot all over is not age spots :) It looks like your pony does not have age spots anyway :)

You can remove the pindot by first heating up the vinyl with hot water. You can use a running sink or dunk her in a bowl if you want. Make sure the vinyl is nice and squishy, and start scraping! Some people also add soap. It may take a while, and you may need to keep reheating the vinyl, but you'll get there ;)

As for the holes, like others have suggested, you should probably use clay and paint over it. Also, if you don't want to tackle that, you may want to buy some ponywear for her or sew your own! Just be careful it doesn't stain if you do decide to.

Vinyl can withstand heat. A hairdryer won't hurt it :) Pony nylon can melt though, so be careful.

This is a good site if you want to do some more research: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com

OOOH! I'm sorry about not calling it age spots ^^" I knew there was another name for it, but I forgot what it was... My bad, I apologise.
Yeah, then this definetely is pindot. Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, there's not much I can do at my college dorm, but I'll keep this reply bookmarked (Or maybe I'll just copy it into my notepad), and soak her in hot water whenever I get back home.
Definetely bookmarking the site you've linked! Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal