collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question About Newly Released It Movie And Possible Book Explanation...  (Read 564 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I've seen both movies.  I had the book and stopped reading it about halfway through because I lost interest.

In the new movie which came out last year, every time It bleeds his blood floats out of him and later in the sewers when the kids are fighting him his blood and pieces of his true form float out of him slowly like there's no gravity.  Also, the kids floating, how does that happen?  I realize the reason why they are floating is because they were afraid when they saw the deadlights and Beverly only hovered after she saw the deadlights, because when she saw them she wasn't afraid of it after standing up to her Dad.

So, how does everything float, including Its blood?  I do realize it emphasizes the phrase "we all float" or "you'll float too" but I just want to know how.

Even theories are OK if nobody knows.

I'm very excited for the second movie, btw.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
I read the book a loooong time ago and have only seen the (really bad, imo) original mini series, but the big thing I remember about the book was the flight with the turtle. Did you get that far?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I read the book a loooong time ago and have only seen the (really bad, imo) original mini series, but the big thing I remember about the book was the flight with the turtle. Did you get that far?

Nope but I read online that ITs enemy is a turtle so I know who the turtle is.  I gave the book to someone else but I feel like I should buy it again and read the other half.  After the first half do you remember if the book was any good as a whole?

Yeah the mini series wasn't great but I talked to someone at The Toy Vault when I was buying the It Living Dead Doll (for the mini series) and he mentioned it was only a mini series and not an official movie (made for tv movies or mini series sometimes aren't the best) and it was only in the 90's.  I don't care much for the original either I love the remake (which usually doesn't happen for me it's the opposite).  I feel like despite the basically sucky remake Tim Curry didn't do a bad job for his role.  For me the original movie was worse when the adults were confronting It, especially when they saw his true form.  I hadn't read the book before hand so I didn't know ITs true form is a spider.  Although I did remember reading online that it's not really a spider, but a bunch of different things mixed together and it can only be recognized as a spider.  I know IT is an alien though but prefers having the clown as his appearance.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:20:11 PM by Majesty »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
FYE had the book in hardcover so I bought it.  It might take me a while to get to where I think I was but there's no rush.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
I thought it was a great book. I read it while I was in the hospital so I got through it pretty fast. Like I said it was a long time ago though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal