collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PayPal buyer protection for digital goods / services?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
PayPal buyer protection for digital goods / services?
« on: April 01, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »
OK, so I purchased Instagram followers for a project I’m doing and I got scammed. I opened a dispute with PayPal. The merchant is actually communicating with me, not ignoring me. Originally he said the followers will be delivered “gradually” and a few messages later he said the problem with their service has been resolved.

Still no followers. Ordered last week Monday. Website states delivery within 24 hours and that if nothing had happened in 72 hours a refund will be issued. Still no refund.

Wdyt, any chance PayPal will cover this under buyer protection or do I need to file a chargeback with my bank?

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal buyer protection for digital goods / services?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:27:29 AM »
Is that a legal thing, buying followers? I really have no idea, therefore asking.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 01:06:55 AM »
Is that a legal thing, buying followers? I really have no idea, therefore asking.

Legal, yes. Although companies try to prevent it and most services that do offer followers are scams. You either get nothing, followed by a bunch of fake accounts/bots (which end up getting taken down by the social media site), or followed by stolen accounts.

I'd say give it a shot with Paypal's buyer protection. Worse they can do is say no, in which case you can go ahead and file the charge back with your bank.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 04:39:02 AM »
Paypal never did in the past, but they must of changed it:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update

If you could screenshot for proof or something, or show analytics, that might be helpful with "proof", if needed.

I say open up a dispute
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
Hmm, all right, thanks. I found conflicting information about it and couldn't tell whether or not it was an official policy change. It's been a week and I escalated the dispute to a claim so we'll see.

I feel like a sucker. It's been many years since I've gotten myself scammed lol even knowing buying followers is ripe for it. Did my research and picked the best company that seemed to fit my needs. No, it's not illegal in the sense of the word you can get arrested but IG doesn't like it and you run the risk of being banned when you do it. 

Plus, if you're actually looking for real followers who like, comment, engage and have brains (debatable) there are a lot of ways to do it on your own organically with time and effort and also services now that you can pay for who do it kosherly. But I needed something fast and dirty. And getting tangled up with this company prevented me from going to a different followers company bc I didn't want to file a claim and have these guys go, oh, look, you did too get all these followers, and it was actually the second company so right now I'm waiting and it's holding things back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal