collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Season 8: The Maud Couple Discussion  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
FiM Season 8: The Maud Couple Discussion
« on: March 31, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »
New episode ahoy! Here's one for you Maud and Pinkie Pie fans.

Synopsis:
"Pinkie Pie's super-best-friend-sister bond is challenged when Maud gets a boyfriend that Pinkie can't stand."

I'm not big on Pinkie or Maud, so this one wasn't for me really. I do like that Maud is always willing to put aside her discomforts for her sisters sake, it's the only part of her character I enjoy, so I hate that Pinkie can't do the same. It is difficult, but hey, it's just a show. Pretty odd to me that they picked Maud to get a significance other though. Nice to see Pinkie's other sister again!

Check out an animatic for this episode as well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhuwH8nEGw0

NOTE: Yes, some episodes have already been leaked, and every episode synopsis for season eight is available. Despite this, please refrain from discussing information about these leaks until we get to the respective episodes. Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: FiM Season 8: The Maud Couple Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
Spoiler
Honestly, that was worse than the premiere. I can't stand Mudbriar's "technically" and he should also be refraining from being so precise about things. He actually makes Maud tolerable. The dialogue was also grating as it was repeating the same lines over and over and just an overall awkward experience.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
I wasn't a fan of the middle of this episode. The ending was nice and there is a good lesson to be had, but the rest of it was irritating to sit through.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »
I liked the idea of the lesson in this episode but I did find Pinkie to be rather annoying.  And yet I couldn't help sympathizing since Mudbrier was plenty annoying too.

But speaking of romantic relationships, anyone else see that Big Mac and Sugerbelle are shown together all lovey dove you in the new opening?  :)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 04:12:44 AM »
Gosh it was an odd one, Pinkie's behaviour towards Mudbriar was a struggle to watch, but I enjoyed the episode. I think Maud and Mudbriar's relationship was portrayed so sweetly, they may be quirky but they're perfect for each other. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »
Oof... yeah I'm with Pinkie on that one... Mud Briar is super annoying ahahaha (yet I love Maud).

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 06:28:20 AM »
I love Maud, and generally like Pinkie Pie (who is my least fave of the main six) when Maud is her foil.  Not much to say other than I enjoyed this episode, and also liked the new opening credits.  :)

I also liked that they said "boyfriend" instead of "stallionfriend" or something, which would have sounded awkward.

Edit:  I also enjoyed Pinkie going to Starlight Glimmer for advice rather than another of the main six.  I love me some Starlight.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:30:06 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 02:11:04 PM »
I also liked that they said "boyfriend" instead of "stallionfriend" or something, which would have sounded awkward.
Yeah, sometimes they work better when they don't ponify it.  They mention Caramel having a girlfriend in "Hearts and Hooves Day", despite the term "Special Somepony" being introduced in that episode (maybe that's just cute way of referring to your girlfriend/boyfriend in Equestria?)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »
His cutiemark is a stick in the mud, that's funny!
I love Maude episodes but I hope next time Mud is at a stick convention because he is rather annoying and looks like a medieval monk. My pet peeve are these boring/ugly stallion designs in FiM and everytime a new one pops up I'm  :rolleyes:

Let's see who gets coupled up next in Breeding is Magic! My money is on Starlight and Sunburst.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
Let's see who gets coupled up next in Breeding is Magic! My money is on Starlight and Sunburst.
Don't get my hopes up, but I'd love them to get together.  :lovey:

I haven't seen Mud Briar yet, but it would be good if they could have more colorful "MLP-Like" stallions.  They used to make a fair amount of them, so they are capable...
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »
I feel like Mud Briar is a bit of a pony version of Sheldon Cooper.  His voice is a bit similar too.

I liked seeing that Pinkie has another side to her.  Under her bubbly, party, happy layer she's not perfect and has other feelings and flaws like anyone else can have.

It was endearing to see how Maude loves her sister so much that she "enjoys" Pinkie's parties because she likes seeing her sister happy. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
I didn't enjoy this episode but I'm not a big fan of Maud either. I do like that she's the opposite of Pinkie though . Mud Briar was annoying to me and I can see how Pinkie become so frustrated with his "technically" talk when he does it so often. No one likes to be corrected and it seems like he is always correcting everyone around him until the end.

I did like the lesson though
Spoiler

and how Limestone Pie was able to show Pinkie that even though she didn't feel the same way that Maud did about Mud Briar, she could learn to get along with him for the sake of Maud's happiness. 

The ending was a little far fetched for me. How could anyone believe that cardboard cut out was the real Maud? 

I also liked the new opening. It's nice seeing  some new characters and not the same scenes of the Mane 6 we've been seeing.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »
Did anyone else think that the solution to Pinkie's "Maud doesn't like surprises" problem was that Maud was never surprised by Pinkie's "surprise" parties because Pinkie was so obvious about it.  For a second there, I thought that maybe that was why Pinkie was so obvious about it so that Maud wouldn't be caught off guard.  That would have been really touching, imo.  Sadly, it seems that Pinkie really is that oblivious.

I don't think anyone was actually supposed to think that the cardboard cutout was actually Maud.  It's just Pinkie's wacky way of still throwing a Maud surprise party that Maud didn't have to go to.

I did enjoy that all the things that Pinkie hates about Mudbrier are also Maud's "flaws" but Pinkie doesn't see them because she loves her.

Post Merge: April 01, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

His cutiemark is a stick in the mud, that's funny!

Wow, and I must be really oblivious.  I totally did not get that!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:09:01 PM by Sunset »

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 02:51:11 AM »
I can see that Mudbriar is pretty annoying*, but I really did think he and Maud (who I love) were very cute together. Especially with Boulder and Twiggy: "Look at them playing together!"

Agreed that I would like to see more colourful, earlier-generation-like stallions. Although in Mudbriar's case, his colouring rather suited his personality!

*But then Pinkie can be pretty irritating too. Maybe Maud has a very high tolerance for irritating people?

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 05:46:29 AM »
I was just thrilled that it was an episode about ponies only.  The opening enraged me though.  It’s now “My Little Forced Diversity”.  Anyway, Mud Briar kinda made me laugh.  He’s just such s weird character, and it’s pretty cute how excited he gets about sticks.  And I can kinda relate with Pinkie.  It’s like, what do you do when your friend or loved one has a friend who is obnoxious and grating?  How do you force yourself to be around them when the person is so important to your loved one?  When the show doesn’t work so hard on “the magic of friendship” (I wish they’d just get rid of the whole concept, but whatever...friendship is the “in” thing, apparently....*GAG*) , it’s actially a fun thing to watch! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal