collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone here collect Star Wars?  (Read 823 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Does anyone here collect Star Wars?
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:19:45 AM »
I've been wanting to get back into collecting Star Wars for quite some time. I sold most of my childhood collection years ago and later regretted it, but I have hesitated to get back into it because now there are so many different lines, 100 different versions of the same character, and even more movies with new characters and such, ect I didn't even know where to start.

I think I have finally narrowed it down to what I actually want to collect tho. I just want to collect most of the core characters and ships from the Power of the Force 2 line [1995-2000] which is the line I grew up with and love the most. I have noticed on ebay that this line doesn't seem to be as popular as the vintage line or some of the newer modern lines, so you can get most items from this line for relatively cheap. I plan on sticking mostly to POTF2 but if I see an odd figure here and there from another Star Wars line that I like I wouldn't be opposed to picking it up. I don't really care about having the best available sculpt of a figure ever produced, I just want to collect the figures I remember playing with.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here collect Star Wars?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »
Yes I think you are right.  We are sitting on many of these as we bought extras of just about every figure we could.  All of ours are in boxes moc.  No one wants them. Blaaaaaa  My R2 is a SW fan.  I don't collect them myself.  There is no value on a toy from childhood as far as I am concerned.  There are things that I know I re-bought that I had as a child. Maybe now no one wants them, but it brought me the most joy having them back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 08:36:32 AM »
To me the Power of the Force 2 line is what the Vintage line is to a lot of people who grew up with it. That was my Star Wars, and I like the newer stuff but it just doesn't seem as cool to me, lol. This line was very significant in that it helped bring back Star Wars to the public as a viable and profitable franchise again after a long period of stagnation from the mid 80s to the early 90s.

POTF2 seems to often get lumped in as being the red haired step child of Star Wars toylines tho because the sculpting and articulation aren't as advanced as newer lines, but it also isn't the original, so for some reason it seems to have completely lost any appeal to collectors, which is fine with me because it means I can get the pieces I want without breaking the bank.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »
After years away from the fandom I've returned to enjoy the new movies and merchandise. I collected SW books from all the eras. If I could find it cheap I'd add it to my collection. Also Hallmark ornaments, sadly I'm having to build my collection back up. Currently I'd like to start collecting the Black Series 6 inch figures. Not everything but the ones that catch my attention.

Anyone know if there will be any midnight merchandise releases for the new Solo items? The street date should be approaching. And of course we're only a month away from May the 4th. :lol:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »
Just like ponies, I've collected off and on since I was a little kid. I mainly collect droids, especially R2, but any droid I don't have is also welcome in my collection, old or new. I'll have to get my most up to date group photo.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal