collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pony Fair Roomshare thread  (Read 685 times)

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
The Pony Fair Roomshare thread
« on: March 29, 2018, 02:38:20 AM »
I figured this thread would be helpful for anyone trying to find hotel roommates for the pony fair. Anyone is welcome to post if they are looking to share a room.

Personally I'm still at the stage where I need to see if it's financially possible for me to go. I'd be going with a friend, so if we could find at least one more person to split hotel costs with, that would make it much better! Please let me know if anyone has space available or is looking to book a room with two other people. Thanks! I'm very excited about the prospect of going!  :frolic:
~Stellaluna, Tippy, Tracey, Gezibing, whatever you wanna call me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Selling G1, G2, G3 G4 & More!

Online FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Re: The Pony Fair Roomshare thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 12:59:01 AM »
If someone needs a room for Wednesday, I might be open to sharing mine that day.  There weren't rooms left at Rosen Plaza for Wednesday (there's a huge convention finishing up then with 22,000 people) that day so I'm at Rosen Inn up near Universal.   

Offline zombienixon

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:51:30 AM »
I'm still looking for a room for Friday to Sunday.

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 02:13:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I won't be there on Wednesday, sadly.

zombienixon, it looks like we're in the same situation! At the moment, I don't have the funds to say for sure if I'm going, so I'm a little reluctant to book a room myself even if I'm splitting with someone. I will have to wait a little longer to see where I'm at next paycheck. I'll let you know!

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
If anyone has missed out on a room because it filled up quickly, I've just cancelled my three day reservation from Friday to Sunday as I've found someone to room with her also managed to score a booking. The booking procedure said it's effective immediately so jump on it as soon as you can.
Follow me on Instagram: @bargainbinredhead

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 03:58:19 PM »
If anyone has missed out on a room because it filled up quickly, I've just cancelled my three day reservation from Friday to Sunday as I've found someone to room with her also managed to score a booking. The booking procedure said it's effective immediately so jump on it as soon as you can.
Do you know if there's any fee for cancelation if plans change? I'd like to keep checking an nab a room now, but I still can't say for sure if I'm going and I don't want to be hit with a big fee if I don't. Does anyone else have more experience in this area?

Offline reddsetgogirl

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »
If I remember correctly, you can cancel without a fee up until a week before the first booked date. The exact conditions would be on their website.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 01:10:41 AM »
Debating going, but to save costs (justify it to my husband  :P ) I would need to room with someone. Does anyone have a spot?
Wanted: All the ponies! Mostly Piggies :P

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:00 AM »
Okay, thanks for the information!

Darn, it's all booked up already. Although the Orlando Metropolitan Resort Hotel right up the street is only $38 a night for a double-bed room, so the whole booking for Fri night and Sat night would be $85 with tax included. I'm a little suspicious of this though. It sounds too good to be true.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 01:43:22 AM »
They only have 1.9 stars on Google. Sounds like bugs!

Darn, it's all booked up already. Although the Orlando Metropolitan Resort Hotel right up the street is only $38 a night for a double-bed room, so the whole booking for Fri night and Sat night would be $85 with tax included. I'm a little suspicious of this though. It sounds too good to be true.

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:02:36 AM »
Hm. I read through them and it looks like most of these people are fussing because it wasn't the five star resort experience they wanted. But at less than $50 a night, you're fortunate not to find a crackhead hiding in your closet. You want to pay roadside motel prices, expect roadside motel quality and service. Personally, I'm fine with that. I've gone to pony meets in the past and stayed at hotels that were super shady. I'm not going to blow my whole budget on the part I'm not even awake for. It's just for sleeping. Not a big deal.

But that's the way I see it. I'm going with a friend, so the hotel fee would be $42 each, and if we were to get a third person it would only be $28 per person. If there's any brave soul out there that's interested, let me know.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 02:16:49 AM »
That is quite true! I really need to figure out if I can go!

Hm. I read through them and it looks like most of these people are fussing because it wasn't the five star resort experience they wanted. But at less than $50 a night, you're fortunate not to find a crackhead hiding in your closet. You want to pay roadside motel prices, expect roadside motel quality and service. Personally, I'm fine with that. I've gone to pony meets in the past and stayed at hotels that were super shady. I'm not going to blow my whole budget on the part I'm not even awake for. It's just for sleeping. Not a big deal.

But that's the way I see it. I'm going with a friend, so the hotel fee would be $42 each, and if we were to get a third person it would only be $28 per person. If there's any brave soul out there that's interested, let me know.

Online FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 02:05:04 AM »
You'll find a lot of Florida hotels with reviews noting they found a roach(or palmetto bug...aka a different roach).  It's not because the hotel is bad, it's just a common bug in Florida with their climate.   They aren't infested rooms, just the one one and it's usually in the bathroom where there's more humidity and darkness.   You'll occasionally come across one even at a Disney resort.   
That said, Metropolitan isn't the greatest hotel but it's safe.   

They only have 1.9 stars on Google. Sounds like bugs!

Offline zombienixon

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
I'm probably going to book a room at the fair hotel, tomorrow or one within walking distance. I could definitely use some roommates, if anyone's interested.

Offline reddsetgogirl

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
I'm probably going to book a room at the fair hotel, tomorrow or one within walking distance. I could definitely use some roommates, if anyone's interested.

I checked through the fair accommodation link and it looks like there is only an availability on the Saturday night so you're definitely going to want to book ASAP if you want to stay there.  The massive bonus of staying on site is that you can drop off your purchases during the day instead of lugging stuff around.