collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much longer should I deal with this? Update: Pony arrived!  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
So I won an item from ebay a couple of weeks ago (apparently 15th March). I paid immediately, and expected no trouble.

I got an email from the seller saying the shipping was wrong and asking for extra. I asked her what the extra was for, and she said that she needed to send it with a tracking number to protect the transaction, but that ebay had not calculated correctly. She basically said will you pay extra or shall I cancel. I know ebay's rules, but I wanted the pony. I suggested we pay half and half. She agreed and I asked her to invoice me for the extra half.

No invoice came and no contact.

I asked her about it, she told me that she'd found another method - a courier, so that nobody would have to pay extra.

I asked her for more details about the courier service. She basically told me she'd paid for it already because it was cheaper, but that it would be a pick up/collect service. I can't use those because of my navigation issues. I tried to explain this to her, and she acted like it was my problem not hers, because she had already paid the shipping and it isn't refundable.

I got annoyed at this point so told her to just invoice me for tracked postage so I could just get my wretched item, but she said she'd emailed the courier about delivery to my home address and we had to wait for them to reply. At this point in the transaction I have made it clear twice that I will pay the additional to get the item shipped quickly and directly, but the seller is now making out that the courier situation is my fault for not wanting to pay additional on the error she or ebay (but not me) originally made. Even though she paid for it and arranged it without checking with me. She assumed I would be able to get to the pickup point, wherever it is, but assuming is not the same as asking.

Eventually the courier apparently did reply to her email (she didn't bother to phone them, so we had to wait) and told her they deliver to a home address in the UK. She said it would be shipped out by Friday and then the courier would contact me with tracking etc. So now the item should be en route. But.

It is now just about Thursday in the UK. No contact. Tuesday I asked her about tracking which she must have and which was the crux of the whole reason she wouldn't send just the regular basic rate that I paid for at the start. She said she'd send it when she gets to her PC next, that was more than a day ago now.

She has kids and stuff I think is a bit chaotic in her life, but I am fed up with this transaction going on like it is now.

I don't think she's a scammer or a bad trader, because she has had recent positive pony transactions on items sold the same time as mine. But with all that said, this kind of chaos is also not acceptable.

I still don't have my pony, but more importantly, I don't have any proof of tracking because she apparently can't add this to paypal because she doesn't know what the UK courier service will be.

So she made such a fuss about tracking and the cost, and now isn't giving me the tracking info on something she says she shipped.

How long would you guys wait before opening a case with ebay?

She listed it as shipped a week before it was shipped because of the confusion over the courier, it is supposed to arrive by Monday, but here in the UK Friday and Monday have no postal delivery because of Easter.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:42:55 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: How much longer should I deal with this?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 05:58:05 PM »
I mean, people can be chaotic, but this sounds nuts!!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
I mean, people can be chaotic, but this sounds nuts!!

It is nuts. Writing it out I realised how nuts. But I don't think she's dishonest, just disorganised and not that experienced. It's just really frustrating. My aspie senses are twitching spidey style at the lack of communication involved and the lack of definite information.

If she'd told me "I will ship your item this way, I've paid the cost, here's the tracking but I won't get it to the PO till after easter because of a family emergency" I would have been fine with that. It's not like I don't know real life happens and sometimes things take time. But while I realise it's ironic for me to say this, communication. IS. EVERYTHING.

And right now I don't know where my pony is, and would kind of like to.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »
It was totally unprofessional and very concerning that she would decide to use a carrier that required more than waiting and patience. To think that everyone can have access to areas other than their house is ridiculous (could have no car, be too busy, the navigation issues you mentioned, etc). Personally, that would be enough for me to leave neutral or negative feedback.
If they are a bit new to this, if you haven't said already and you feel comfortable, a bit of a push that using a carrier that was never agreed on and never asked for is not okay for a seller to do may help her in the long run.
This whole thing seems frustrating beyond belief.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
I did raise that issue with her, about the courier. I actually was a bit offended by her response, because she'd taken the decision without asking me but then made out that it was my fault for not wanting to pay the extra shipping (not true) and although she didn't say it, how she phrased it was that my disability was inconveniencing her. And then I got the "it makes me want to not ship internationally" line, as if somehow my being in the UK is the reason she didn't list the right shipping costs on the auction, then paid for a courier that she decided to use without checking with me if it is convenient.

I will be leaving appropriate feedback if the transaction gets cancelled or refunded ultimately. I do still really want to receive this item, and as I said, I don't think she's a scammer. But it's frustrating that she insisted on tracking, she caused all of the delay around the tracking and she is now not providing tracking to me or to ebay or paypal so the whole exercise is pointless. ANd because it isn't coming royal mail, I have zero idea if it will be delivered to me or to some other location. And as the courier hasn't contacted me, you have to wonder what is going on.

I just wondered if it would be reasonable to open an ebay case against her if it isn't here by Tuesday (after Easter holiday) and demand a tracking number by using the force of ebay to get her to shape up her ideas.

I don't like opening cases on sellers, and I am not an impatient buyer, but I do expect to get at the very least a tracking number, if all of this chaos was caused because she wanted one.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »
Wow Taffeta, these 'interesting' people do seem to find you now don't they? Easter is a very busy time for those people who have kids, that is true. I have 2 myself and I know. But I don't feel that it is an excuse for not giving you the name of the courier or the tracking number. I really hope that this turns out ok for you, without unnecessary stress.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 05:08:14 AM »
I would keep pushing for the tracking number and the name of the courier through eBay messaging. If you haven't heard anything by Tuesday (like you said), I don't think it would be out of line for an eBay case to filed. After all, once you file a case, eBay does give you time to resolve things before it can be closed and the seller can give you the tracking number/name of the courier through the case if you have to go to that extreme.

Please keep us informed.

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 07:11:35 AM »
Is there any update to this?  Maybe I'm too hard when it comes to eBay, but I'm a good and honest seller, so I expect much from those who I buy from.  If it were me, this would be long enough and I would open a case right now.  Because it sounds like the lack of communication and and the lack of a tracking number is a stalling method on the seller's part.
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »
I agree with everyone else....  keep us updated!  *pony hugs*  how frustrating!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
So I did finally get a tracking number and the name of the EUROPEAN courier (she doesn't know who will be delivering it in the UK, as they have a partnership with a UK courier service but she doesn't know which one.

It took a long time and some playing around with websites in a European language I don't speak (but can make out enough of to make rough sense of) but I did finally get somewhere with the tracking number giving me a status.

I will keep you informed. Right now I will be happy if I at least get my pony safely.

Edit - checked the tracking again and it seems that it left the country of origin for the UK (we hope) today, so maybe when it lands here I will have contact from the domestic courier about delivery.

I also wonder if the reason they didn't want to give me the tracking is that I was told it would be en route by Friday last week but actually the tracking shows it wasn't taken in till Sunday...so obviously now it is caught up in the Easter break and will take even longer...but so long as it arrives...that's what matters now.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:08:55 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 12:55:34 AM »
Over here, if you are late on Friday (after 6), the package won't be on route until Sunday or Monday. Might be the case? That does mean she shipped on Friday though.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 01:56:52 AM »
Maybe. To be honest I am not really worried about that so much as wantibg the tracking. I guess we will see what happens next...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How much longer should I deal with this? Update: Pony arrived!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 05:45:11 AM »
So finally, after all the hassle, my pony was safely delivered to me this morning via courier. It came to my door and it's a local courier we know, so it all ended well. Pony was well packaged for her journey and wasn't at all damaged. She has some existing flaws but I knew about them from the auction so she is as expected and described.

What I'd like to know is what kind of feedback should I leave for the transaction? I got my pony, she is as expected, she was well packed and I did ultimately get a tracking number and a to-door delivery that occurred safely. She was delayed by all the messing around and then the easter break so she arrived outside of Ebay's estimated window - but only just. And I feel the seller was just really inexperienced, even though she did try to keep in touch.

So what feedback would you leave for this transaction?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 06:20:35 AM »
Since it was an eBay transaction, if it were me, I would leave positive feedback, but I might give only 3 or 4 stars for communication since it was lacking. But if you're happy otherwise, I'd give everything else a 5-star rating. And I would mention the communication breakdown.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 07:51:32 AM »
I'd leave a positive.  You could leave a positive and note in the text that there were some shipping issues but the seller worked with you or something like that.

Basically, neutral and negative feedback will screw over a seller mechanically*, so I only leave it if a seller is awful and nasty.

* mechanically meaning in terms of how eBay treats them via their listings and fees
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal