collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: T Shirts. Shirts in General.  (Read 3142 times)

Offline poniiprincess

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Pony/Doll Lover
    • View Profile
T Shirts. Shirts in General.
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:10:42 AM »
First off I hate when my t-shirts ride up and I am fixing them all day so my back isnt bare to the world. How do you guys deal with it if anything?

Also do you have a fave shirt? One of my faves is a Darkiplier shirt I got from one of Markipliers charity streams.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: T Shirts. Shirts in General.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
Buy the biggest t-shirts possible.  Realize that most women's t-shirts that are A-line or marketed as "ladies" will ride up my muffin top so I typically choose men's t-shirts if that's an option. 

All my t-shirts are my favorite for different reasons.  I had to purge quite a number of them when I moved across the continent, so the few I have left are very sentimental. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
That reminds me, I plan to make a T-Shirt quilt with G4 pony shirts that no longer fit me. If only I could get that plan PAST the planning phase.
My favorite T-shirts are the ones with print all over, but they tend to be quite expensive.
Not a t-shirt, but spaghetti straps are my favorite tops.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »
I buy men's shirts because the fabric isn't so sheer and clingy, which is usually what makes them ride up.  Plus, they're designed to last longer than a month so I get more wear out of them.  If I really want a shirt to fit my figure better, I know how to tailor it.

I have lots of favorite shirts.  My shirts usually have something fun on them (like Horton the elephant looking at the Tardis and asking "hello?" [Horton Hears a (Doctor) Who]).  I work in a library and almost everyone who comes in comments on my shirt for the day.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »
I opt for men's/unisex shirts, most often Gildan softstyle shirts because they are really comfortable and durable. The regular heavy cotton ones are long-lasting too but they don't feel quite as nice. For more figure-fitting things, I tend to go with those elegant tunic-style tops, seeing as they're long at the bottom then riding up isn't an issue.
My favourite t-shirt would have to be my Alkaline Trio shirt with a load of roses and heart-and-skull motif in the middle, it's lasted for years and is still going strong. And my runner-up favourite top is a tank top with a rainbow coloured cat wearing a space helmet; it was a birthday present and a thoroughly on-point one at that! :D

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »
I buy men`s shirts too because the fit on women's clothing is always so ridiculous. Plus where I work, all the good t-shirts are for men or children.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »
Men’s shirts are the best! They’re sturdier, more comfortable and don’t ride up on you.

My favorite T-shirt is the one I’m wearing now- it’s a Star Wars shirt my brother gave to me, with the First Order on it. It’s so soft..

Offline poniiprincess

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Pony/Doll Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
Loving that the consensus is to buy mens shirts. Which i am perfectly ok with! Ill probably start doing that more than anything. And tunics. Man i just need to update my wardrobe.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »
I haven’t really noticed a problem with men or women’s in terms of riding up. I like them both.
As for favourite t-shirt? Hmm...all my wardrobe is t-shirts and jeans. I can’t decide. I like them all!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
I buy mens' shirts.  I'm short so they rarely ride up.  My favorite is a Star Trek shirt that says "Vote Janeway."

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 04:06:21 PM »
I buy men's shirts too but I am not a big T-shirt person. I prefer Tank Tops.  Sleeves get on my nerves.  Its a touchy feely thing for me.  If I wear a T, I always have a tank on under it tucked into my pants.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline poniiprincess

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Pony/Doll Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 08:36:06 AM »
I buy men's shirts too but I am not a big T-shirt person. I prefer Tank Tops.  Sleeves get on my nerves.  Its a touchy feely thing for me.  If I wear a T, I always have a tank on under it tucked into my pants.

Ive thought of doing the same, I need more tanks to begin with.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 04:27:47 AM »
Say the word "T-shirts" and you will hear my mother scream. XD

I've always been T-shirt crazy. I have way, way, WAY too many T-shirts. I just love all the pretty colours and prints, and it has gotten worse since Primark opened a store in my town a couple of years ago. They always have this series of T-shirts with pretty little patterns for only €3 each. That's not good for me... :lookround: I love patterns! I have lots of flowers, but also little dreamcatchers, bees, watermelons, pigeons, swallows, bicycles, dragonflies, boxes of popcorn, stars and moons...

As if that wasn't enough, I also love band T-shirts. I have more Nightwish T-shirts than I care to count, and my Amorphis collection is getting there as well. I also have a couple of Cranberries T-shirts, and a "rare" Midnattsol T-shirt (it's probably not really rare, but they never had much merchandise, and it looked like they stopped after the last album - thankfully it turns out they didn't!).

I used to be into funny texts as well, but that's a long time ago. Though I'm still in love with my Grumpy Cat T-shirt that says:

I HAD FUN ONCE
IT WAS AWFUL

I wear it a lot. :mrgreen:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
I'm short so I have the opposite problem. Many T-shirts and shirts in general are too long on me.

I love T-shirts. Especially white ones with black text on. My favourite T-shirt is a white one with the text "80's". I also like my Levi's T-shirt with a gold logo. The gold adds a interesting pop of colour to any outfit.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
I like long, slim junior tees with shorter sleeves. I avoid anything tight, so I'm not sure anything could ride up.

For me, I'm really used to the thin fabric and softness of those types of tees.

I don't like men's tees because usually they are stiff, the neck is too tight, and the sleeves are always bulky and awkward. . . plus they usually aren't as long as I'd like.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal