collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Work in Progress Photos ** G1 Sea Ponies, Bride Pose and G3 ** COMPLETED 5/27/18  (Read 5049 times)

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Unbelievable!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline Darkhorse

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Customizing Crazzzyyynesssss
    • View Profile
    • www.darkhorsecustommylittleponies.com
Thank you everyone!  I also have a turquoise and dapple gray sea pony I'm working on.  She's almost finished :)

Post Merge: July 23, 2018, 10:34:03 AM

I was so sure I had already posted in this thread, but apparently I remembered incorrectly.  These are absolutely astonishing customs, Darkhorse!  I'm not usually a fan of custom ponies, probably because I've seen so many lesser quality ones over the years that I'd been left constantly underwhelmed by the ones I'd encountered.  But yours have completely changed my views on customs!  Your eye for detail and use of colour and sculpting details and delicate airbrushing produce the most beautiful creatures.  Are your designs henna/mehendi inspired?  Especially love the dapples on Abalone, that seapony is simply stunning!  You've inspired me  :D

Thank you so much for the compliment.  The henna ponies are some of my favorite to create due to the delicate designs and I also was on a little bit of an "Indian" inspired kick due to reading the entire "Tiger's Curse" series. :)  I try to give my customs a second lease on life especially those that were a little worse for wear to begin with, I really try "NOT" to customize any G1 or rare pony that is in good condition because I know how the pony purists would feel about that :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:35:24 AM by Darkhorse »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Beautiful work as always, I loved seeing the WIP pictures :D

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook