collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Red flag help  (Read 2495 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Red flag help
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
I sold a doll set on ebay this sat after midnight, so I wasn't able to get the posting stuff done till monday.

long story short, the package is still in my car and i'm going to the post office to drop it off on my break tonight.

I just got this email from the buyer.

I received the package, but the Alistair doll (last one in the pictures) was not in the package and he was the main reason I bid on this lot. Could you please send him to me.

Yours sincerely, Kim

This is impossible. is the foretellings of getting scammed? should I cancel sale and relist it? I don't want to do that, but I just get this eerie feeling this is going to be trouble

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Red flag help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »
It sounds to me like the buyer has muddled up two lots -yours and another which she received already, and thinks the lot she has received is the one from you, but the doll she wanted is missing.

I'd tell her that as you haven't sent the lot yet (maybe a photo of the addressed package in your car with a datestamp will help) that she must be mistaken and you're willing to hang on until she figures out what's up.

I don't personally think it's a scam because it seems weird to send that msg to a seller when they must know that tracking woiuld show they hadn't received it yet. I suspect it's an honest mistake, but definitely open dialogue with them and find out if they could have confused your lot with one from someone else.

That is, IF Alistair the doll is in your lot. If not, then she's messaged the wrong seller.

Hang onto the package until you have clarification as to what has happened.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Eeek! That is weird!
I think Taff is right in the first instance, contact them and say you haven't sent yet, and ask if they have the lots confused?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »
so i messaged them over 8 hours ago, and still haven't heard from them.

my gut tells me to refund them the money, but I already paid for the shipping and I don't think i can get that back.... sigh

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 04:08:34 AM »
Messaging your buyer was  the right thing to do  :bigups:

Does your lot have an Alastair doll in it? :what:  because if it does then I'd be getting alarm bells too. Although surely even a very dense scammer wouldn't have expected the parcel to have been sent already if they bought it so late on the weekend?... :wonder: there are enough people who would try it on though so I wouldn't put it past someone not to have thought through the timing :( 

I *think*   she is probably getting you mixed up with another seller - hopefully she will answer you and clear that up. In the meantime maybe contact ebay and explain the situation, especially if she still hasn't answered ( and especially if your lot does contain an Alastair doll). :awake:  Ebay will be expecting you to have shipped the parcel but if this person is sounding dodgy then I wouldn't want to risk shipping to them either.

I had someone try to scam me once when they bought a set of 2 new Disney dolls and a book from me. they said that when the parcel arrived the more valuable of the 2 dolls was missing and would I send another?!. The package was so taped up and the box so sturdy that there's no way it could have been damaged in transit, plus the person confirmed my box had arrived sealed and the items inside in my gift wrap  , so they said it must have been me making a mistake and leaving out that particular doll. As if.  What they hadn't counted on was me selling only singles of the one type, not the other, and having receipts including hers , with tracking info, addresses, and with the weights on for single doll sales and for 2 doll set sales. (I also used to keep a record of what colour gift wrap I'd used for which doll in each persons parcel TBH, just as an extra security measure, so I had that info as well . I asked her to tell me the color of the gift wrap on the doll she had. She wouldn't.)  She also told me a few tall tales after that which didn't match up with her original story or each other, so I played along with her a bit and suggested she call the police and the PO since I had proof of posting 2 dolls  - that's when she gave up the scam and left me alone,  but I did have to get ebay involved  :(   
Some scammers try it on regardless of how unbelievable their story is, in the hopes someone will fall for it. those types often try the same thing over and over with different sellers so it's worth talking to ebay as they will have a record of it if this person has done this in the past ;)

Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:59:57 AM »
so i messaged them over 8 hours ago, and still haven't heard from them.

my gut tells me to refund them the money, but I already paid for the shipping and I don't think i can get that back.... sigh

If you paid for online shipping, you can still get a refund. You'll just have to go into your "labels" option on eBay, find the label and answer the questions about why your label doesn't work (was it destroyed, etc.). It takes about two weeks to get a refund from Paypal.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
I agree it sounds like she probably mixed up her lots-

Like many of us, she probably bids on all kinds of crap and loses track of what she bought from where- maybe she bought a very similar lot to yours if it is a pile of MH dolls

If you haven't mailed already- you can get a refund for the label if you apply for the refund w/in 24 hours- hurry if you choose to do so!  There is a button in ebay and also in paypal for voiding a label-  if you do they will send you a refund for the label in a couple of days.  You might need to do this if you want to sort out things with the buyer first.

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 01:27:09 PM »
I got this same type of message. It's scammy.
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
Any updates on this yet?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 05:46:29 AM »
I was wondering the same thing ... :awake:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 09:02:38 PM »
Thank you everyone for the support and advice.
I gave the lady 48 hours to reply, then called the ebay helpline.
the person on the phone thought it sounded fishy too, and adviced me to refund their money through paypal.
I have since been reimbursed for the shipping cost, ebay fees and have relisted the item. (though I added another doll to the lot)
I feel really awful, but it just didn't sit right. sadily I've had no takers to the listing this time, and hope I get close to what she had bid. (it's a lot full of MH and EAH boy dolls.... so one i'd prefer to not sell for the starting price.)

again thanks, now I'm off to sleep. we've had a lot of snow and I'm super tired.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 05:15:16 AM »
:bigups:  I think that was the right thing to do and I'm glad that you didn't lose out with ebay fees etc or get scammed by someone dodgy . I am sorry that your lot hasn't sold for that amount again since but keep holding on - someone will want it  eventually for the price you'd like . Thanks for the update :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal