collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All Gone!  (Read 871 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
All Gone!
« on: March 26, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
When I finally got around to getting the first wave of seaponies they were nowhere to be found in stores only the second wave. I looked online and the only ones to have them are secondary market sellers who have already upped the price to almost double on Amazon (Or on eBay it's close to original price but then when you tack on shipping it ends up being the same as the ones on Amazon). I'm rather disappointed because I do not want to pay almost double for something that is less than a year old. Is there anything I can do now or are they just forever out of my grasp unless I want to pay unreasonable prices?

Has this ever happened to you and how do you deal with it?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: All Gone!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »
That's so frustrating when that happens.

I have half of the pearly sea ponies (Applejack, Twilight and Fluttershy)  but by the time I decided to get the rest most of the stores had started stocking the water toy ones instead.

Hasbro Toy Shop still has Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »
I'm actually missing the majority of the 2nd wave of the pearly seaponies (Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie) and I also have half of the fashion-sized light up ponies. I'd love to get some of the third wave, but they didn't even make an appearance near me.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 07:12:03 AM »
I'm sort of in a similar boat with that TRU-exclusive 12-pack right now >_< It never got released over here and of course now TRU is closing down it's going to be hard to find, but all the online sellers want ~£100 for the set o.O

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 08:07:24 AM »
I'm sort of in a similar boat with that TRU-exclusive 12-pack right now >_< It never got released over here and of course now TRU is closing down it's going to be hard to find, but all the online sellers want ~£100 for the set o.O

I didn't even think of that. That's the one with Spitfire and Coco Pommel and company in, right? I had just assumed it would get here eventually, so I'd stopped looking for it, but you're absolutely right.

I only wanted Spitfire from the pack and managed to get a great price for her before Christmas, but I had thought about some of the others. Guess not, unless the excess end up at TK Maxx or somewhere else.

I think I had this happen with Holly Dash, but not for my own one. I bought her without realising she was hard to find because she was out around my birthday and on discount and I thought she was cute. 2 months later everyone on here started asking about her. Of course, I never saw another Holly Dash in a toy store again. Rarity, yes, but no Holly Dash.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »

I didn't even think of that. That's the one with Spitfire and Coco Pommel and company in, right? I had just assumed it would get here eventually, so I'd stopped looking for it, but you're absolutely right.

I only wanted Spitfire from the pack and managed to get a great price for her before Christmas, but I had thought about some of the others. Guess not, unless the excess end up at TK Maxx or somewhere else.

(edit: whoops hit send before typing my reply >_<) Yup, that set. :( I wasn't sure if we'd get it anyway (TRU was always pretty hit or miss at getting the exclusive G4s) but now who knows how I'll get it.. even the individual prices are pretty crazy on eBay atm. >_<

Hopefully they do turn up somewhere else eventually.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »
I passed up the FIM Collection boutique multiple times, waiting for the smaller sets to get here first... the smaller sets never arrived, and now the boutique is gone too, and costs a fortune on amazon.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »

(edit: whoops hit send before typing my reply >_<) Yup, that set. :( I wasn't sure if we'd get it anyway (TRU was always pretty hit or miss at getting the exclusive G4s) but now who knows how I'll get it.. even the individual prices are pretty crazy on eBay atm. >_<

Yeah. Hit and miss and sometimes very late with getting stuff (as in years late) in my experience. My TRU had a lot of stuff that was exclusive but old. Like the elements of harmony glittery ponies and dolls...Applejack and RD anyway.

But wow. Yeah. I bet that now is a bad time to look for them because everyone is panicking. I'd step back and wait for when they show up in lots of parents selling a child's ponies. Unless you want them MIP, in which case...maybe hope that some of them end up discounting at another store over here. There was talk that other stores had put in to buy stock from TRU, if not stores here. Entertainer sometimes have stuff with Target logos on from the US...so maybe that set will show up here through a different retailer. If I see it anywhere around here I'll let you know.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »

Yeah. Hit and miss and sometimes very late with getting stuff (as in years late) in my experience. My TRU had a lot of stuff that was exclusive but old. Like the elements of harmony glittery ponies and dolls...Applejack and RD anyway.

But wow. Yeah. I bet that now is a bad time to look for them because everyone is panicking. I'd step back and wait for when they show up in lots of parents selling a child's ponies. Unless you want them MIP, in which case...maybe hope that some of them end up discounting at another store over here. There was talk that other stores had put in to buy stock from TRU, if not stores here. Entertainer sometimes have stuff with Target logos on from the US...so maybe that set will show up here through a different retailer. If I see it anywhere around here I'll let you know.

The 12 pack was another thing I wanted but every time it went on sale it would vanish before I could scoop one up and $60 was a lot of money. I'm holding out hope that there might be some hidden deep inside a warehouse. I really wanted a certain grey pony, a Mac without a mural on his side, and a Maude without flowers all over as well as the glitter and tinsel mane 6. Although I might be able to find them used someday tinsel doesn't hold up to play very well.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 01:59:37 AM »
Maybe the answer with the 12 pack is that people who want specific ponies from it club together to get it and split it if worst comes to the worst.

Of course, if everyone wants that grey pony and the same others...it is more difficult.

I will definitely keep an eye out for it here in case it turns up somewhere unexpected. The UK is an odd place for stuff like that.

It's a shame though. It's a really nice pack.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 07:29:11 AM »
If I see it anywhere around here I'll let you know.

aww, thanks Taffeta :) I'll be keeping an eye out too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal