collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay seller demanding more postage money? [Resolved]  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Honestly, since they honored it and sent it and everything turned out fine, I wouldn't leave neutral or negative, I would be inclined to leave positive feedback but dock them stars in the areas of communication and shipping and write in the feedback that the seller asked for extra shipping money AFTER the sale was made.
I agree, give them positive because it DID all work out, but future buyers need to know they could possibly be asked for more shipping funds after they win an auction from this person.

I figured a Neutral was fair? A positive with a warning will be easily overlooked where a neutral is more noticeable.

The seller has 100% positive feedback even with another neutral in the last 6-12months, I saw this perfect score and didn't even think to check what the feedback says... if I had I would have seen the one neutral, maybe translated it from french out of curiosity, and saved myself a headache.
What I do see is already docked star ratings, which mean nothing without explanation, and actually a negative that hasn't impacted their 100% (over a year old).

Maybe it's because I don't sell on eBay, and don't know first-hand how broken their feedback system is, but I don't believe that an unprofessional seller deserves a false positive feedback. Neutral feedback is there for a reason, is it not?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Honestly, since they honored it and sent it and everything turned out fine, I wouldn't leave neutral or negative, I would be inclined to leave positive feedback but dock them stars in the areas of communication and shipping and write in the feedback that the seller asked for extra shipping money AFTER the sale was made.
I agree, give them positive because it DID all work out, but future buyers need to know they could possibly be asked for more shipping funds after they win an auction from this person.

I figured a Neutral was fair? A positive with a warning will be easily overlooked where a neutral is more noticeable.

The seller has 100% positive feedback even with another neutral in the last 6-12months, I saw this perfect score and didn't even think to check what the feedback says... if I had I would have seen the one neutral, maybe translated it from french out of curiosity, and saved myself a headache.
What I do see is already docked star ratings, which mean nothing without explanation, and actually a negative that hasn't impacted their 100% (over a year old).

Maybe it's because I don't sell on eBay, and don't know first-hand how broken their feedback system is, but I don't believe that an unprofessional seller deserves a false positive feedback. Neutral feedback is there for a reason, is it not?

If you want to give a neutral feedback, it's really your experience.

I would also give positive and dock communication.

But from what you said...
items were as described
you got tracking
they were received on time (i am assuming?)
seller was unprofessional  (i give forgiveness that a lot of ebay sellers are NOT professional, and there is probably a language barrier.)
seller was not rude <-- I think that's the important thing here

Basically they made a mistake, but they made it right. So that's why I'd give a positive.

Do you really not deal with people who have 1-2 neutral/negative feedbacks?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:03:24 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: eBay seller demanding more postage money? [Resolved]
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 04:20:51 AM »

items were as described
they were shipped on time
you got tracking
they were received on time
seller was unprofessional  (i give forgiveness that a lot of ebay sellers are NOT professional, and there is probably a language barrier.)

Basically they made a mistake, but they made it right. So that's why I'd give a positive.

Personally I believe ignoring messages from your buyer is incredibly rude, when I said they weren't rude I meant they didn't called me a 'scummy waste of oxygen' (a seller has called me that in the past for being disappointed that they sent me a MOC pony in a bubble mailer and it arrived crushed)
Whether you're selling as a hobby or professionally I still expect a certain level of responsibility when money is changing hands. They also seemed to understand English perfectly fine.

I never said I don't purchase items from people will less than perfect feedback, but I've bought from plenty of people who do have perfect feedback who really shouldn't, and the neutrals I've left them haven't changed their 100%. (Not that I leave neutral/negative a lot, and I always contact a seller about issues first.)

I just think it's redundant to give sellers positive feedback when you would not recommend them. Imagine experiencing the worst seller in your life and then looking at their 100% feedback to find that the majority have negative warnings, an extreme example but what's the point of feedback if everyone just tiptoes around it?

Not going to argue about this, I do appreciate the opinions. I haven't made my decision yet.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:24:03 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 05:31:36 AM »

items were as described
they were shipped on time
you got tracking
they were received on time

Personally I believe ignoring messages from your buyer is incredibly rude, when I said they weren't rude I meant they didn't called me a 'scummy waste of oxygen' (a seller has called me that in the past for being disappointed that they sent me a MOC pony in a bubble mailer and it arrived crushed)
Whether you're selling as a hobby or professionally I still expect a certain level of responsibility when money is changing hands. They also seemed to understand English perfectly fine.

I never said I don't purchase items from people will less than perfect feedback, but I've bought from plenty of people who do have perfect feedback who really shouldn't, and the neutrals I've left them haven't changed their 100%. (Not that I leave neutral/negative a lot, and I always contact a seller about issues first.)

I just think it's redundant to give sellers positive feedback when you would not recommend them. Imagine experiencing the worst seller in your life and then looking at their 100% feedback to find that the majority have negative warnings, an extreme example but what's the point of feedback if everyone just tiptoes around it?

Not going to argue about this, I do appreciate the opinions. I haven't made my decision yet.

Just because a neutral doesn't affect their feedback, it doesn't mean it doesn't affect them in other ways. EBay shows people's listings on eBay depending on their feedback. If there are only positive feedback, they ship quickly, they have high stars, then they show their listings in higher in people's searches and they will also have special coupons which will feature these sellers' items, as well as give other incentives.

So if you think negatives, neutrals and even low stars don't hurt, well, you'd be wrong. But, since you're NOT a seller on eBay, you don't understand. But I hope you think about this and make an informed decision.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 05:50:16 AM »

You said in your update you didn't think they were rude. You obviously think otherwise. I'm not looking to argue.

I was just explaining why *I* would give a positive. I did say you were free to give a neutral-- we all feel different ways about the way we give feedback. I look at 1) if my item was delivered on time and 2) if it was as described (and if something went wrong-- if my seller corrected their mistake).

My comment asking if you don't buy from people from 1-2 neutral/negs was because you said you could of avoided a headache if you would of translated that 1 neutral they already had.

ETA: Stars are a part of feedback.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:54:40 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal