collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony ID Needed!  (Read 415 times)

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
Pony ID Needed!
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
Greetings pony lovers!

I need your help. I found a pony that I am almost 100% sure is a official MLP but I cannot find a single thing on it. Of course it could very well be a really REALLY good fake. She reminds me of Thistle Whistle.

A little background: Found this gal at a swap meet type of deal in Mexico. She has no cutie mark, but she does have a heart and music note on her hoof like Silver Song. She does have mechanics inside the body. I believe she lights up but I haven't replaced the battery to see what she does. I've put the pictures below the spoilers so please take a look and give me some thoughts! You can click on the picture for the full sized image.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here she is. No, not Cotton Candy, she's there for size comparison. Yeah, this is an unusually large pony.

I moved Cotton so you can see the mystery girl a bit better. Yes, she's had a tail and possible mane cut  :cry: but you can see she's a light pink Pegasus with pink and yellow hair that has tinsel through it.

Here's a close up of her hocks. As you can see there is no cutie mark (that is what they are still called correct?). No signs that one ever existed either. The thin lines you might be able to see are strands of pony hair from her tail.

Here's the hoof heart. I know the picture is awfully blurry. I do apologize about that.

She has the typical MLP eyes, and they have no marks or rubs on them at all.

Here's the non-display side. I know she may look really dirty or marked but she really isn't.

Face front.

Full frontal. The dark parts are the wires running through her neck from the front right leg.

Pony tooshie. I know, what remains of her hair needs to be tamed. Might see if it's possible to rehair her tail at least.

Underbelly and hooves. This is obviously where the batteries will go once I get in there. It takes a couple of watch batteries it looks like. Or the button batteries....I may have some laying around, I'll have to find them or buy some to see if I can make her work.

I removed the window block so you can see where the dark smudges come from. She has wires that run from her belly down her right front leg and up to her head. There is also one that runs to her belly that has a light bulb at the end so I figure she lights up.

Another shot of her wire shadows. Of course Cotton had to jump back into the fun.

I have carefully pulled her head off enough to look down her neck and at the hardware inside. There seems to be a trigger on the mechanism that runs down her leg to turn on and off her ability. But until I buy/find batteries I can only assume she lights up.

If you have any questions or need better pictures or want to see a particular part, let me know. If I have managed to cock things up about the placement of this post, please let me know and re-home it. Or tell me where it needs to go.

I cannot wait to see what you guys say and even if she is a remarkable fake, I still am excited to get a couple of batteries and see if she still works!

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony ID Needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 01:53:38 PM »
I’ve never seen a fakie like her! However I can say she is not a Hasbro pony. She’s still very cool, though! :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
She's a fakie, I have that exact same one only in purple.
The heart with the notes is the button that activates her light up feature :)
I found mine at one of the dollar stores here some time ago ^^

Edit: Just looked at the bottom of the feet on mine and it is stamped "Family Dollar Services, Inc."
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »
Yeah, the feet do not look like they are stamped Hasbro. All official ponies except for ponies like G1 nirvanas, etc, have Hasbro stamped on them. This means she is a fakie :) There is the thin hair and odd mechanism too, which just supports the fact.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
Definitely a fakie, but a very cute one! She reminds me a lot of the Dollar Tree fakies I have in terms of eye and wing style.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Wow. I have NEVER seen a fake this good! She also, as you can see has nothing stamped on her feet and there are no Family Dollars in Mexico.

Glad to know she lights up! I'm excited to see if she still works.

Thank you for the information. This also means I'm free to rehair and maybe get her a cutie mark! Maybe I'll see if I can turn her into a Cheshire Pony.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal