collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any tips for storing ponies in boxes ?  (Read 352 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Any tips for storing ponies in boxes ?
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »
Hello everyone !

As you may or may not know, I can't display my collection at the moment and the situation might stay as it is for some more years, so 90% of my collection lays in cardboard boxes, the rest found a small place "on display".

I just did a thing : pouring a whole box of ponies on my bed and check them all up. I freaked out when I noticed some of them were a bit squished, that was pretty obvious when watching their 4 legs from the bottom. So I had an idea : placing them all back in the box, but standing one on top of the others. Is that a good idea in your opinion ? At least I got way more space at the top, so it might be a technique to consider.
Maybe I should get some silica bags to protect them from humidity, but so far so good, there is no trace of mold on them.

I guess keeping them all standing in a dry environment and checking them from time to time is a good way to preserve them in those boxes, but I wanted to have your opinion, maybe I didn't think about something I should consider, this is why I'm telling you. Also, how many of you have the same situation ? 100+ of my ponies sadly live in boxes, waiting for their spa time,I can't clean them until I can display them, because they all get their mane messed up in those boxes no matter what I do, so they are just waiting.

Have a good day everyone !

Rose.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips for storing ponies in boxes ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »
Watching with interest as I have some of mine stored awaiting somewhere to display them.......

I have some stackable plastic boxes I've lined with bubblewrap. They are about one g1 pony depth so I stand all mine in the boxes. I have a few babies who are wrapped in bits of bubblewrap and lay sideways across the backs of the adults to save a bit of space. I also give all of mine a wash before they get put away, but yes the hair does get a bit messed up.

PS I don't store any of mine in accessories or clothing, that's all in another box.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »
Acid free tissue seems to work well with storing ponies in boxes. I am still working on the other successful stacking theory only with my packaged ponies. I am trying to figure out better organisation for my ponies, though, so I will be watching this thread as well.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
I have the under bed rolling/stackable style boxes. Any bright or fluoro hair that is likely to stain is wrapped in acid free tissue paper before each pony is placed in clear ziplock bags (some from Daiso, or other dollar stores) open at the top to prevent rubbing between ponies. Then I throw some silica packets in the bottom of the box (100 for $1 on ebay). All my boxes are clearly labelled on the lid with a list of ponies that are in them (I use A4 plastic display folder sleeves, so I can update them easily, but heck you could laminate them!) and a box reference number, and I keep a copy of each box's list in a folder as well, so that if I ever need to find a particular pony, I can look it up easily. The Ref number also goes on the side facing out so that I can see them when they're stacked. This is also a handy system if you ever need to move your collection!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal