collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your dream vacation destination?

An adventure, hiking and exploring nature
47 (12%)
A beach resort, with sun, sand and relaxation
65 (16.5%)
A big city, with tons to do and see
42 (10.7%)
A foreign country, with a unique culture
106 (27%)
A theme park, with tons of rides and shows
39 (9.9%)
Going on a cruise ship to visit various places of interest
22 (5.6%)
To a winter resort for skiing and stuff (I hope for your sake you live in the Southern Hemisphere if you picked this one)
3 (0.8%)
Let's go to the desert! (Sorry guys, had to do this one :biggrin: )
2 (0.5%)
My hometown, since I don't live there anymore and I want to visit
9 (2.3%)
My home, sitting around and just doing nothing
40 (10.2%)
Other
18 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 393

Author Topic: Oh, I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.  (Read 10294 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
I voted for the foreign country option, but it really is a foreign continent. I have visited several foreign countries in my life already, but I have never been outside Europe yet - and I long to! I do not have one specific dream destination, there are several places I'd love to visit, like Australia, Hawaii, the American continent - but all of these would cost considerably more (partially because they take longer to reach and thus once I'm finally there I wouldn't like to spend only a few days there, rather weeks - especially in the US and Australia, because I wouldn't only like to visit one city or a few. The things I want to see are like... thousands of kilometres apart), so we never made up our minds about them yet. It would be a little easier if the hubby wasn't so much of a Europe-fan, he loves to travel, but is not really interested in going outside the continent, as his main travel interests are more fulfilled by countries around here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »
I want to go to some parks i have never been to, and visit an arcade or two, I am more of a games person than a ride one.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 07:30:01 PM »
I love staying home or being close to home! I am not a big travel person.

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2018, 05:41:12 AM »
I can´t choose between sun/relaxation, City Life and unique Culture. I love to explore big citys and new Cultures as much as sun and relaxation so a mix is the best.

A Dream come true would be going some Place exotic and explore nature maybe Safari in Kenya or Malaysia national park.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
I forgot to say I'd been on a cruise - that was awesome ! I  loved every second of it! if you get a chance to go on a cruise then go for it! :heart:

Although I sure wouldn't mind a trip to a desert right now SDS  :sunny:   ;)  I'm sooo fed up of freezing here in the UK! stupid snow, stupid rain, stupid mud. I think I've forgot how it feels not to wear 10 layers of clothes or stop aching! :yikes:

Will you hate me if I tell you London is sunny and I almost discarded my coat today because it was so warm??

Italy is pretty <3 People are also friendly. I need to visit the North, though. I've only been to Rome and then down to Pompeii.

Wait, what?!!! you.got.sun??!! no coats??!!!  :whoa: :dropjaw:  No fair!!!! the midlands isn't *that* far away....   :wow:  :blink:  :faint: 

although it is actually sunny and quite warm today.. which is like... a miracle! :wow:  cos it's never sunny here on a weekend especially *faints again* :faint:

Rome, Pompeii, the south of Italy - it's all amazing :lovey: , but you totally should visit the North of Italy too! It's lovely! it's very diverse .Some say the people aren't quite as friendly as in the South but I haven't found that to be true- they're just as outgoing, friendly and generous  :)  Try the Italian Lakes 

Right ..I'm off to enjoy what bit of warmth and sun we have ATM now outside here before it vanishes!!  :happy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2018, 11:50:57 PM »
Living in a small country at the bottom of the world, I have to say I one day want to holiday in New York. I want to visit Times Square and Ground Zero, and I want to shop, shop, shop!  :D

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 04:54:44 AM »
If I could have selected the hiking and exploring nature option a million times, I would have. Literally just about every vacation I have been on in my entire life has been centered around exploring and hiking our national parks :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
What if we choose a place that combines several of those options together? Going to Japan would cover the first 5 on the list. There are plenty of natural places, it's an island so there's beaches, there are several big cities, a unique culture, and theme parks like Sanrio Puroland and Tokyo Disney.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ribbon208

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • COLLECTORS POSE ADDICT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »
on a desert island with my ponys and a margaretta
check out my facebook page for more pony pictures

https://www.facebook.com/katiesvintageponys/

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2018, 07:23:46 AM »
I choose nature adventure. I'd love to go to the beach, but never a resort. Every time I see those "beautiful" resort pictures, all I see is a dead beach with no living nature. Clean sand and water where nothing but filthy humans survive.

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
I picked winter resort even though I live in the northern hemisphere  :biggrin: I just got back from a week long snowboarding trip, it was AMAZING, and I want to go again  :snowball:

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 06:25:21 PM »
It was tough deciding between
An adventure, hiking and exploring nature and
A foreign country, with a unique culture
for me :P

but I would love to visit Japan one day and visit cool filming locations so yeah :blush:

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
Voted a while ago, but another country for sure. I've been to Canada (Québec! :heart:), but that's really it. My wanderlust is nearly unbearable. I'd go to Sweden or Finland before anywhere else if I could, and probably never leave. I want to see the great forests, the northern lights, the lakes, the meadows. I want to be in a sauna by a lake in winter, celebrate Midsummer, visit the Arctic Circle, take a trip on a train just so I can stare out of the window and marvel at what passes by (and I've never been on a train), see historic sites, shop, the list can go on. And I want to speak in different languages, even if only a little. Québec was for a school French trip, but I spoke maybe three sentences in French because everyone kept switching to English (and too many of the other kids on the trip - which was for the language - didn't want to speak French, so they didn't even try  :pout: ). I don't know what it is, but Sweden and Finland have always been fascinating to me, and I think the world can learn a lot from the Nordic countries in general. They're beautiful to me, and I want to see them in person and do everything!

And have lots of cinnamon buns and coffee. :iconclap:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »
I picked a theme park, only because I'm itching to go back to Disneyland. Otherwise it would be a beach resort, because those are so nice and relaxing or a foreign country because there are so many places I would like to see and I love history and other cultures.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »
Road trip! I've always wanted to see the world but my wallet has always firmly disagreed. I'd love to go out of the way places most tourists would avoid. Pass on the major tour group route things,that said I did take a cruise once. Five days tripping around Mexico and back to southern Cali. The mass/huge group setting was so not my thing. But it was nice to not have to worry about food (all the food) or a room, it was already taken care of. Plus it was always in easy reach if you went ashore. :ohyeah:

Plus you didn't have to worry about getting to the next stop, someone else was behind the wheel.  :lol:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal