collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay issue-the final chapter  (Read 3062 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Ebay issue-the final chapter
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:15:04 PM »
I bought a small lot of ponies and paid them. The seller relisted the ponies for a higher price a couple days later without canceling my order or refunding. Contacted the seller twice with no respose, had contacted them before and they were prompt when i had questions aboit the lot. Called ebay who said they cant do anything yet as its not past the potential delivery date, but told me to leave feedback on the seller And to contact paypal. Opened a file with paypal and now waiting. Also left bad feed back on the seller. Grrr...

Post Merge: March 21, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

OK well after calling ebay this afternoon and them telling me to leave poor feedback and wait until I can file a claim, after feedback left I got a very quick message about how the seller had no idea how the lot got listed again...says she will ship it tomorrow. Told her I will change the feedback once I get the items.

Update**
Now says that she wants to refund because I left negative feedback and that it wasn't her fault the items were relisted and why would ebay tell me to leave negative feedback. I said that is what they told me to do, because from my side of things it looked strange that something I bought relisted a couple days after I bought the item so that is why I called.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:20:56 PM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ebay issue
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
Wow, I hope you get your lot! Keep us informed!

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »
and the issue continues on
elish22 | eBay

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:18 AM »
Honestly, I think she relisted because she wanted to get more money out of the ponies and her goal was to refund whomever was the low bidder. At least that is what it sounds like to me. Because right now, lots are going for higher than normal.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:11:38 AM »
Keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:47 AM »
How is it a seller can't see an item they put up for sale is relisted?  That is so odd.  Yea now one thing about feedback...  It's fine to leave  feedback, but it should not be done until everything has been resolved.   Plus, it is odd for ebay to suggest you leave negative feedback for a seller prior to resolution even considering the circumstances.  They prefer communication first.  Which I know you did when you tried to contact them, but its better to leave feedback after a case filed/got your item/exchange/return what have you. That is just my opinion.  Something seems odd about this person indeed but, ebay usually wants you and a seller to work things out.  Whoever told you to do that must have been new or didn't understand the way ebay works.  It is too late to remove the feedback now.  I have never heard of ebay changing feedback.  Will they let you do that?  I didn't know they would.  I don't see though how a seller can say it wasn't their fault an item was relisted.  Who relisted it?  The ebay fairy? :shrug:  I hope things work out the way you wanted too.  Its a shame ebay gave you such crazy advice about the feedback.  The thing that is also odd though is obviously they pay attention to their account to see the feedback so why not respond to your pm?  This seller is interesting to say the least. I can't say what is up with them for sure without knowing for certain.  It would all be a guess.  Sometimes there are logical reasons goofy things happen.  So sorry you are going through this.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:23:55 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 01:34:40 PM »
So now the update is she agreed to send the ponies. Sent me the usps tracking number and i can see it is at the post office of origin. It is sent priority so should be at my house in a couple days.
Yes there is a way to change feedback on ebay, i indicated that she needs to send me a request for change and we can go from there.  I dunno but ebay said to put in negative feedback when i called them. So i did.
I am not sure if this gal just spacey or what, but not sure how you accidently relist an item at a higher price. 
elish22 | eBay

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »
So now the update is she agreed to send the ponies. Sent me the usps tracking number and i can see it is at the post office of origin. It is sent priority so should be at my house in a couple days.
Yes there is a way to change feedback on ebay, i indicated that she needs to send me a request for change and we can go from there.  I dunno but ebay said to put in negative feedback when i called them. So i did.
I am not sure if this gal just spacey or what, but not sure how you accidently relist an item at a higher price. 

Well, update us when you get the ponies. The fact that the ponies were priced higher when they were relisted makes me believe that they were seeking out more money.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
It's possible that she was relisting some other stuff and accidentally hit that one without realising. It can happen. Although the price change does seem confusing. Unless she is a seller who lists by number/letter of lot rather than what is in the lot...and changed the wrong one.

I am also in agreement with Tulagirl that it's unsual for Ebay to be so proactive about negative feedback. I guess that operative had a hard day.

Feedback can be removed. I left negative feedback on a seller selling counterfeit games on ebay and although I'd proven them to be counterfeit to ebay's satisfaction enough for ebay to fully refund me and not expect me to return the merchandise (destroy it instead), they wouldn't allow my comment about it to stay because I had been refunded.

I didn't think that was the point of a transaction. I really didn't think that being refunded for being sold a counterfeit item merited a positive transaction, but apparently it does....

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:24:47 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »

This is good. I never knew this.  Glad to know it.  Bluerose has a point. I didn't know they were priced higher the second time.  That sounds deliberate to me.  I must have missed that fact somewhere when I was reading about this.  I hope everything works out.  Sounds like she is at least trying to make this right, but what a hassle in a half.  Strange behavior

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:54:16 AM »
*nods* yes it's possible to change negative feedback on ebay. If the seller sends you a request  to revise your feedback then you have the option to do that  :awake:  I would of course recommend that you do it once the transaction is complete, because once you  change it to positive feedback, that can't be revised. If you were in the middle of the transaction and gave positive feedback you wouldn't be able to change it back to a  neg if anything went wrong.  Unless of course ebay made an exception- you would have to get them involved to sort it.

What a strange situation though  :blink:   Very odd behaviour from both the ebay rep, and the seller. I've been in the situation where a seller has lied to me about a set of 2 LE dolls I won, told me they don't have them , and then refunded me, 10 mins later I see the seller has listed 3 of each for sale and they are priced at more for one than I had won 2 at. And the seller didn't expect me to see?  Of course I called ebay and they sorted the seller out, and I was advised to leave negative feedback (which I did!) but the transaction was over at that point. I haven't heard of ebay advising anyone to leave bad feedback before trying to sort things out with the seller before :wow:

And how your seller managed to relist your pony lot accidently and at a higher price without knowing? Hmm :wonder:   :what:   if it was a new MIB current item that they were selling a bunch of , then I could see how that could  easily happen, but not for loose ponies but I suppose it *is* possible  :shrug:
At least your seller has sent the ponies now so hopefully it will all work out well in the end, even if it is an odd situation for you to have gone through :hug:  Please let us know how it goes :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »
Ok, so the latest is that I got all the ponies today. However, I will say that she made a mistake in that she told me the SS pony in the lot had bells for a symbol and that was wrong. I couldn't tell in the photo if it was lickety-split or SS Satin N Lace, so I asked what the symbol was, bells or ice cream cones...she told me bells, so I bought the lot. However, I am not upset about the other ones I got, cause I got a pretty nice looking Whizzer, and the North Star isn't so bad either.
elish22 | eBay

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay issue-the final chapter
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 03:14:27 AM »
:bigups:   Thanks for letting us know. I'm really glad that your ponies arrived safely and that you're happy with them (even if it was SS Lickety Split  instead of Satin n Lace! not sure how she could have thought the ice cream cones were bells but I've only  got the NSS versions of those two ATM so I'm not sure how much of the symbols you can see well on the SS. It would depend on how much flocking is left on I suppose?)   :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 04:13:53 AM »
Yeah she actually has some really good flocking over the symbols that has yellowed a bit, so i could see how maybe she could have only seen the scoops part and she might of thought it was bells.
elish22 | eBay

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 05:20:43 AM »
Perhaps your question is what prompted her to do some research? And when she looked it up, she saw that SS Satin N Lace went for more money she relisted the lot for more, hoping you wouldn't notice, and was either going to refund you or tell you it got lost in the mail. But I'm just glad it worked out in the end and you got the lot, even though it didn't have the pony you were expecting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal