collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 664 times)

Offline PonyBritt86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Old MLP fan and New to collecting!!
    • View Profile
New Here!
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
 Hey Everyone!

My name is Brittany. As you can see- I loved my little pony when I was a kid and have always kinda wanted to start collecting them again (I still have my old ones). Ive learned pretty quickly that it's pretty addicting surfing ebay looking for them.  hehe- Right now, Im only interested in collecting the Old School G1's.

I have a general Question... While looking at websites I found a restoration site where the person basically fixes the ponies (not customized) but repairs them, cleans them, repaints them etc- but back to their original looking state.  Obviously mint ponies that have been unaltered are ideal, but if you have some ponies that could use some TLC/ painting does it drastically affect their value to do so?

I just got a Tassles in the mail today and was looking closely at her decorations and thinking to myself that I could touch up the scuffs on her pretty easily with some sort of paint. Im pretty good at crafts/ working with my hands as I am also a dentist :) 

Anyway. Excited to learn more here from all of yall! :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New Here!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »
Hi and welcome to the site :)

I'm no expert on restoration though yes, a restored pony or a pony with flaws can have a lower price valuation than a mint original untouched one. It does depend on the collector though. I think rerooting is the one that divides people the most - some people like rehaired fixed ponies and others prefer the original even with a cut.

Tassels is your pony, though, so if you wanted to touch up her paintwork, it's really up to you. It only becomes relevant in the bigger picture if you ever wanted to sell her later on :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! What ponies do you have in your collection? Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you ha e fun here :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline PonyBritt86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Old MLP fan and New to collecting!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! What ponies do you have in your collection? Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you ha e fun here :)

Well.. I was gonna insert a pic but I have my original ponies.. which are in storage but I took a pic of the last time I had them out (going to get them in the next week or so).. I have Baby gusty ,Tip Toes,Star dancer, Talks a lot,Merry treat,Party time,Ringlet, Pretty Puff, Celebrate,Ringlet,Celebrate, Tassles, a few of the petite ponies, quite a few more to name… and soon to be a few more!!!  Im just starting off on my original collection.. By the way, how do we insert pics?

Hi and welcome to the site :)

I'm no expert on restoration though yes, a restored pony or a pony with flaws can have a lower price valuation than a mint original untouched one. It does depend on the collector though. I think rerooting is the one that divides people the most - some people like rehaired fixed ponies and others prefer the original even with a cut.

Tassels is your pony, though, so if you wanted to touch up her paintwork, it's really up to you. It only becomes relevant in the bigger picture if you ever wanted to sell her later on :)

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. I was so excited to unwrap her.. she had some cut hairs I didnt notice but it was still exciting to get my first MLP of my new collection (other than all my old ones).. and I gave her a Spa treatment tonight and she already looks so much better!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 11:23:13 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

I think Taffeta answered perfectly in what I would feel about restoration and the value of ponies, when you decide if you want to sell them. 

I hope you find some wonderful tips and tricks here at the forum and look forward to seeing you around! :wave:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!
We are a completely zany bunch, and very happy to welcome you into our ranks!
Enjoy yourself here :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »
Hello amd welcome! I also believe it would depend on the pony and the restoration. Myself I enjoy restoring ponies for my own enjoyment! I just make sure to mark the bottom of the hooves so any future owners after me would be aware that the pony had been altered in some form (especially in the case of rehairs!)
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal