collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about getting a MOC pony  (Read 674 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Question about getting a MOC pony
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »
I've decided I want to get 3 ponies (at least) MOC and was wondering if anyone knew how much thy usually run for? I'd like to find Seashell, Bubbles and Twinkle Eyed Bright Eyes. I know they don't come up often. I'm just looking for regular releases, not any Nirvanas (though if I could get a price for some of those that'd work great) What's the best way to find MOC or MIB ponies?
Thank you all so very much!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about getting a MOC pony
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
Finding them, ebay. easily. but:

1- NO BUYING GSP listings with fragile stuff! (global shipping program). They repackage and have removed padding (according to one of my sellers who was mortified as to how I received my order, the second just apologized for GSP's repacking). I only bought two GSP packages, both pitney bowes repacked shoddily and stuffed into the tiniest boxes they could manage. thankfully these were loose more sturdy ponies, and they regained their proper shape after a while.

2- if the seller isn't an experienced pony person, be sure to verify before bidding that they are packed in a sturdy box and pad well for shipping.

current pricing, no idea on that. I haven't been buying MOC's for a while. I just bid what I feel good with paying anyway.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:13:32 AM »
Sometimes they pop up on here, too, but mostly ebay. Seashell and Bubbles, probably around  $100 AT LEAST,  and TE Bright Eyes probably a lot more. Just ballpark estimates since most MOC ponies are a least  $100 and the first 2 are common loose so probably not too relatively rare MOC.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
Seashell and Bubbles don't come up often at all. Used to obsessively track MOC auctions (2014 and 2015, though) and I did buy Bubbles eventually. You could get lucky but I'd say expect $140 or $150 a piece if it's in really good shape and not very yellowed, or maybe a bit less now since it seems MOCs are selling for less than when I was in the market.

Bright Eyes yeah also doesn't come up often and I'd say around $130 but I see one that went for $80 recently.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
The $80 one was a Buy it Now but outside of the US I think it would have been Global Shipping which is very risky. The speed at which it sold probably determines if that was a good price or not.

A lot of first set TE ponies go for $50-$60ish on US cards. I find it hard to know what to price later ones. I am trying to remember what I paid for Bright Eyes...

Seashell and Bubbles really don't come up often any more. They used to, but they don't any more. It's weird, because there used to be a lot from that set but now you tend to see mostly Bow Tie and Applejack or the Y2 unicorns and pegasus ponies instead. I have a bad feeling a lot of them got decarded by open-and-display collectors because I've seen a few of those sell up in recent years and those kinds of ponies were included in their collection...

But without seeing an actual MOC for ages I'd agree with Ponycake's estimate for them. They used to be $60 ponies MOC but I'd say they're probably double that now or more, especially Bubbles, and especially if the bubble isn't yellowed as this is SO common for that year for some reason.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
Yes, I remember Seashell or Bubbles being yellowed almost every single time they came up to auction, quite badly. I got pretty lucky to get a clear Bubbles.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
Thank you all! I didn't realise that Seashell and Bubbles would be the difficult ones to find! I figured Bright Eyes would be pretty costly, but the one selling for $80 gives me some hope, anyway LOL. The other regular ponies I've seen MIB seem to sell for between $100 - $160 on eBay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal