collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else sad to see paypal's removal of pay after delivery option?  (Read 5277 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I am so disappointed this Buy Now Pay after Delivery feature is going to be removed in April.  I used it all of the time.  I really liked the feature of paying after receiving items.  It made returns so much easier if I had a problem also.  I always faithfully had the money, but I have a feeling there must have been a major issue with people not having the money when the time came.  It was such a good thing. I am going to be buying a lot less now. :pout:  I will miss it.  It was a 10 day process and you could click pay as soon as your item came in the mail.  No interest and no debt stacking up.  I was just wondering if others liked it as much as I did for ebay. I never used it for merchants.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:18:59 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else sad to see paypal change to buy now pay later?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »
I never even knew this existed.
Buying things without having the money available to pay for them makes me super uncomfortable so it wouldn't have been for me anyways, but I can see why it would have been helpful for others.  A credit card lets you do the same thing, pretty much? 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
No not really because of the way the program worked you paid after your item was delivered.  I would just click on the pay button in paypal.  No interest involved.  It was great.  A credit card is far worse as it encourages debt and interest fees with only a month option to pay verses paying when you get your item.  I changed a bit of my initial post because I had the name of the service incorrect and did a pitiful job of explaining what I liked about it.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
No not really because of the way the program worked you paid after your item was delivered.  I would just click on the pay button in paypal.  No interest involved.  It was great.  A credit card is far worse as it encourages debt and interest fees with only a month option to pay verses paying when you get your item.  I changed a bit of my initial post because I had the name of the service incorrect and did a pitiful job of explaining what I liked about it.

Incorrect.  You can TOTALLY maintain a balance on your credit card month-to-month.  Yes it's best practice to pay it all off in full, but you don't HAVE to.  The bank just charges you more interest, that's all...  ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
I really liked using it, too, for small purchases that I didn't want to put on the credit card or Paypal Credit.  Major bummer.  Maybe they have something else in the works that functions similarly?

Offline AnnabellDerwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Didn't really know about this feature either! Usually when I get my allowance (I'm in college and don't work lol) I buy eBay cards and pay right then and there

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

Incorrect.  You can TOTALLY maintain a balance on your credit card month-to-month.  Yes it's best practice to pay it all off in full, but you don't HAVE to.  The bank just charges you more interest, that's all...  ;) 

Yea all I meant was sure you can keep a credit card balance for years, but you will have interest and this paypal thing doesn't involve interest.  That is not what I am talking about even though that is what it seems I am talking about. ;)  I think in terms of the month where I can only make one payment to my card each month.  Where as with paypal I had the option of clicking on each pay after delivery and paying them as soon as I got them.  Then I didn't have to worry about a credit card monthly statement.   I think I was trying to say that more than a credit card has to be paid off in a month which is how you read it :satisfied:.  So, sorry for the misunderstanding.  I am having some issues with communicating right now due to a disease I recently was diagnosed with.  Bear with me folks.  I am not always able to say what I am thinking but I am trying.  LOL

I really liked using it, too, for small purchases that I didn't want to put on the credit card or Paypal Credit.  Major bummer.  Maybe they have something else in the works that functions similarly?

I don't know they are changing all sorts of things including increasing some fees, but I don't have all the facts really on everything.  I got a notice about everything, but not all of it has sunk into my brain yet.

Didn't really know about this feature either! Usually when I get my allowance (I'm in college and don't work lol) I buy eBay cards and pay right then and there

A friend told me yesterday it was not offered to all paypal users.  I can't say that is true for sure, but it is something to think about. I thought everyone could use it and she that was not the case.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:00:53 AM by tulagirl »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
This feature is new to me, as well. While I understand why they would be removing it, I can see how it would be very helpful to others who just don't always have the cash on them.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yes, I am not comfortable and never will be comfortable leaving funds in a paypal account.  So, I do not add money to my account ever by any means.  That is just me though.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I am not familiar with this either and don't know if it was offered to international users.

As a seller I would definitely be unhappy if a buyer wanted to pay on delivery.

As a buyer, I don't have a credit card. I don't pay any interest. If I have the money then I do. If not, I don't buy, so that isn't a concern for me.

As a person with organisational issues, I like to win and pay quickly so I know I have done it. The length of time it takes me to get to leaving feedback tells me that it's asking for trouble if I were to try paying on delivery.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Oh no Taffeta it does not work that way. The seller is paid by paypal and then when you receive your item you pay paypal.  The seller never has to wait for a payment, but as a seller you can see when someone has used the service.  People have used it all of the time with me, but I always get my money as soon as they set up the payment through paypal.  I have no idea about international either.  Also it doesn't affect  when you log into ebay to pay.  Technically, when you win you pay paypal immediately but, paypal doesn't pull the money from your account for 10 days or when you click pay on the item.  So really, if you want to pay right away you can.  It doesn't inconvenience a single soul except maybe paypal, but they created it at least a year or more ago.  In our country one has to build credit to do a lot of things.  Also, you don't have to do the paying yourself because, you set up your payment when you win your auction.  Paypal automatically deducts it from your paypal account or bank. ;)  So you didn't have to think about it, but you do have to make sure you have money.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:04:12 PM by tulagirl »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Ah, I see. So it was more of an escrow type service. There is still a system in paypal where they will hold funds from a new seller until the item arrives, or something, but I am not sure if this other system was available here.

Most all countries have the same credit system, I imagine. I don't have a credit card by choice, because I don't want one. There has been a huge problem with debt and credit in the Uk for the last several years and it's just something I would rather keep out of for the time being. This is a personal perspective but I don't believe people should be rewarded for being in debt and credit cards encourage getting in debt and then paying things off, rather than just paying up front with the money you have. There are some things for which credit is useful, or loans (eg mortgages), but for me personally, ponies are not one of those things.

I just prefer to have all my payments settled up front when I win. If the money isn't in my account at that moment I don't bid on it. It's easier to keep track for me that way, because once an item is bought then that money is gone. And it only comes back if a big issue arises with the purchase...which is something I generally hope not to have to deal with. I have had to have a couple of refunds from sellers this year (one scam, one the guy accidentally double-listed an item) but in general, I don't think in terms of how to get a refund...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I can see why this service would be useful to you , and I hope that they replace it with something that works as well for the buyer . I imagine they must have had a lot of issues with people not wanting to pay or not having the money -something like that- for them to stop it . It seems like they trialled it for a year perhaps and found it wasn't working for them  :(
Unless it has something to do with ebay becoming linked with another company and using them in the way Paypal was used instead. I'm sure Paypal will still be a payment option, but not something you have to use with ebay anymore as they are replacing it with another company they are switching to being partners with or.. you know- how ebay and Paypal were... if my memory is correct..... I remember reading something about that but it hasn't happened just yet and I need to re-read it. :blush:  So  yeah.. don't quote me on that til I get my facts right....

I seem to remember something about the service you're talking about too but my brain is not really working very well ATM :blush:  I'm not 100% sure it wasn't offered here in the Uk , unless I read about US Paypal trialling it first?...  The Uk paypal does offer a buy now pay later type thing but I haven't looked into that. It looks like it could work like a credit card but I'm not sure.  If I really have to have something and there is no money already in Paypal from sales, then I use a credit or debit card depending, that are already linked to Paypal . I don't add funds to Paypal   :awake: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yea Ringlets I heard about that new company. I think its purpose might be to make it easier for international payments since many countries don't take paypal.  I could be totally wrong on that.  It was something I thought when I was reading about it.  Its not supposed to be an overnight change.  Like didn't they say it would be slow and we had to do nothing. I thought Paypal would still  be an option.  I am confused and resistant to changes of this magnitude lol.  I am not really sure I will sign up with the new company yet.  I guess since I don't know a thing about it.  This may be the end of my collecting for a little while when it goes through. :huh:

I agree that the problem probably was it was abused and people didn't have the money to pay when the time came for their buy in now and pay after delivery.  Its only logical they might have had major issues with payments.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:29:14 AM by tulagirl »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I'm kinda ... "noooo" at the idea of starting with the new company too but I'm pretty sure Paypal will still be an option :awake:
BTW I just thought about this thread again as I checked my Paypal this afternoon and it's actually showing the "pay on delivery" option for me ATM?! (in the UK) . ok . now I'm confused a bit more :P  :dizzy:  :blink: :drunk:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal