collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else sad to see paypal's removal of pay after delivery option?  (Read 5278 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'm kinda ... "noooo" at the idea of starting with the new company too but I'm pretty sure Paypal will still be an option :awake:
BTW I just thought about this thread again as I checked my Paypal this afternoon and it's actually showing the "pay on delivery" option for me ATM?! (in the UK) . ok . now I'm confused a bit more :P  :dizzy:  :blink: :drunk:

ROFLOL okay well that is interesting to say the least.  You never saw it before until now?  Like right before they end the program?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about it and I remember getting something about a company called Bill Me Later being merged/changed in to Paypal credit.  With Bill Me Later you got a bill in the mail and paid whatever purchases you had used for Bill Me Later about a month after you ordered them. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about it and I remember getting something about a company called Bill Me Later being merged/changed in to Paypal credit.  With Bill Me Later you got a bill in the mail and paid whatever purchases you had used for Bill Me Later about a month after you ordered them. 

Ponyfan

Wow really?  I have never heard of Bill Me Later.  I never got stuff in the mail from paypal ever.  I paid for all my stuff online.  However, I don't have a paypal credit card so maybe that is why I have not used that service.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

Ponyfan

Wow really?  I have never heard of Bill Me Later.  I never got stuff in the mail from paypal ever.  I paid for all my stuff online.  However, I don't have a paypal credit card so maybe that is why I have not used that service.

It's credit...
but it's not the credit card.

It's something you have to apply for... and just like a card, if you don't pay the statement by a certain time, then you get charged 20% apr.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Oh yea I have never used Bill Me Later.  That is really interesting.  I wonder why anyone would use that when all they have to do is use a credit card?  Maybe it would be good for someone that doesn't actually have the ability to get credit cards or doesn't want them.  It is pretty much the same thing as a CC really.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
I actually use PayPal Credit (what used to be Bill Me Later) all the time for bigger online purchases, mostly eBay.  If your purchase is over $100, you get 6 months to pay it off, interest free.  Has worked out really well for me, and I've yet to pay a dime in interest.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
PayPal Credit and Pay After Delivery are two different things. Both are in effect a line of credit, but PayPal Credit is I believe akin to a credit card (often with a promotional 0% interest period) whereas Pay After Delivery is entirely interest free.

Pay After Delivery has been available in the UK for quite a long time, however it is not offered to every buyer and even then not on every transaction although I'm not certain what the criteria are. The process in the UK is that you make your purchase, paying via PayPal and choosing which bank account will be subsequently billed. It's worth noting that PAD never utilises your PayPal balance, even if you have sufficient funds at the time of billing. You also need a 'back up' funding source against the bank account. 14 days after the transaction, PayPal bill your bank account. In the mean time, the seller was paid immediately by PayPal and your item has hopefully arrived.

Like Tulagirl, I typically 'pay early' once I've received whatever I've bought. However I always enter the transactions (one to the seller from PayPal, and then the transfer between my bank account and PayPal) into my budget so I'm not caught out.

PAD is particularly useful if you're ordering multiple sizes of clothing from a retailer to return some - I do this a lot with swimwear for example, placing a £200ish order then returning £150ish of it for a refund before PayPal charge my bank account, meaning I don't 'spend' more than the £50 - or if you know you have money coming in in a week or so but want to order whatever it is now so it arrives on time (or because you're impatient). I bought my sister's birthday present using PAD because there was a sale on and I didn't want to miss out on the offer, but I didn't want to actually take the cash from my bank account for another week when I knew I was about to get paid. For me personally, PAD is not exclusively available on eBay purchases but sometimes it's not there when I'd rather it was, either.

I haven't heard anything about the service being stopped in the UK. I suspect from PayPal's point of view, it encourages people to use PayPal over other payment methods if they have that bit of leeway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal