TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Is anyone else sad to see paypal's removal of pay after delivery option?

(1/5) > >>

tulagirl:
I am so disappointed this Buy Now Pay after Delivery feature is going to be removed in April.  I used it all of the time.  I really liked the feature of paying after receiving items.  It made returns so much easier if I had a problem also.  I always faithfully had the money, but I have a feeling there must have been a major issue with people not having the money when the time came.  It was such a good thing. I am going to be buying a lot less now. :pout:  I will miss it.  It was a 10 day process and you could click pay as soon as your item came in the mail.  No interest and no debt stacking up.  I was just wondering if others liked it as much as I did for ebay. I never used it for merchants.

Baby Sugarberry:
I never even knew this existed.
Buying things without having the money available to pay for them makes me super uncomfortable so it wouldn't have been for me anyways, but I can see why it would have been helpful for others.  A credit card lets you do the same thing, pretty much? 

tulagirl:
No not really because of the way the program worked you paid after your item was delivered.  I would just click on the pay button in paypal.  No interest involved.  It was great.  A credit card is far worse as it encourages debt and interest fees with only a month option to pay verses paying when you get your item.  I changed a bit of my initial post because I had the name of the service incorrect and did a pitiful job of explaining what I liked about it.

lovesbabysquirmy:

--- Quote from: tulagirl on March 21, 2018, 05:41:22 AM ---No not really because of the way the program worked you paid after your item was delivered.  I would just click on the pay button in paypal.  No interest involved.  It was great.  A credit card is far worse as it encourages debt and interest fees with only a month option to pay verses paying when you get your item.  I changed a bit of my initial post because I had the name of the service incorrect and did a pitiful job of explaining what I liked about it.

--- End quote ---

Incorrect.  You can TOTALLY maintain a balance on your credit card month-to-month.  Yes it's best practice to pay it all off in full, but you don't HAVE to.  The bank just charges you more interest, that's all...  ;) 

dashesndots:
I really liked using it, too, for small purchases that I didn't want to put on the credit card or Paypal Credit.  Major bummer.  Maybe they have something else in the works that functions similarly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version