collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice please! Update SOLVED! Update again:)  (Read 2153 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Need advice please! Update SOLVED! Update again:)
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:34:21 AM »
6/4 Yesterday I got an email saying the credit card company decided in my favor so I got my $14 back, yay! Whew, what pain in the tail this has been :P

On Feb 17th I sold by a couple dolls on eBay, shipped to he e 21st. I misplaced the tracking so just marked it shipped. Later I did find the tracking number and checked it, package had been delivered.

March 7 I get an email from PayPal that this person had opened a unauthorized transaction dispute. PayPal took the $14 out of my account to hold until dispute was settled. I sent them my info including the tracking number (since it was not included in the eBay transaction).

Here's be where things get weird; I had double checked the tracking number before giving it to PayPal. Later that day I checked it and the number now reads as not even in the tracking system yet! Fortunately I had thought to to take screenshots earlier and emailed those to PayPal through the address they provided.

Today I get an email from them, they sided with the buyer  as they "could not verify the shipping information " I provided. So because of that i got hit with a $20 charge back fee:(

Can I challenge this? Or am I out $34 ( could care less about the dolls)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:16:35 AM by dragonlady »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice please!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »
Paypal's requirement is that the tracking number prove it was delivered.  They will not accept a screen shot, they want to see that for themselves when they check the tracking number on their end with the USPS site.  If they can't verify through those channels they will side with the buyer.   I feel awful for you, but I am just not sure how to fight this when the delivery information is not showing up.  I have lost money a couple of times for this very issue.  So, now I always watch my tracking numbers and make sure things are delivered and uploaded on ebay.  Time can get away from us but sales issues with ebay and paypal rules like they are can sure eat up profits when you lose money over tracking issues.  Hugs

I have never had a case opened as people usually contact me or I catch the problem before it becomes a huge mess.  I hope someone else has something to offer that is better news than I do.  I would try contacting the post office to see why it showed delivered and now it not showing this information.  See if you can get that fixed and you could try to discuss it with paypal on the phone then.

The one thing that is odd about this is the kind of case they opened.  If it was an issue where they didn't get their doll they would have opened an "item not received case."  Instead they opened an Unauthorized transaction case.  That is very odd and makes me wonder about this buyer, but I don't want to accuse someone of doing something when I don't know really why they did it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:22:35 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
I'm sure you can reach out to Paypal to dispute it, but the fact is, the lack of a tracking number (despite delivery to the recipient!) is WHY and HOW Paypal automatically ruled in the buyer's favor.  A buyer, if they paid for a tracking service, is supposed to be provided the tracking number upon being mailed, so they can follow it along its path.  If they don't get to see any tracking info, they didn't receive the tracking service they paid for.  :( 

IMHO I get very anxious and testy about this issue personally when I shop online.  I like being to able to check the status 24 times a day... if I paid for tracking (and I always do, even up to $100 in shipping costs alone) and I don't get it, that is one of my main feedback points.  Since the postal service obviously recycles the tracking numbers, it's a very good thing that you took a screenshot to prove that the package was mailed and delivered!  I don't know if it means anything to Paypal now, but you can certainly try to reach out.

I hope you find an efficient way to file your shipping receipts with your digital invoices so that this cannot happen again to you, but yeah, you have to get those tracking numbers into the EBay/Paypal system right quick when you mail them.  That's how the online pre-printed postage stuff on USPS can auto-enter your tracking and customs forms *for* you if you have an account...   
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:48 AM »
One of the things that I do with posting now is that I add the tracking to paypal directly I get home from the PO because I am very good at losing bits of paper. If it's an Arena person I know I might PM them the number on the bus from my phone, but I will still try and get it in there asap.

I feel like if you put the tracking in asap when you mark it sent, the buyer realises you're serious. Most buyers aren't crooked, but it's safer all around.

What concerns me is the disappearing tracking in this case. This is a tracking within the US right?

I have noticed some issues in tracking lately.

The USPS site is usually good for me but with one parcel lately it kind of vanished into thin air the moment it got to Heathrow. I wasn't too fussed though, assumed it was in customs and that US tracking could only take it that far. Trouble is that for the past month Royal Mail's tracking has been a mess. It's either unavailable or they can't find it. Partly because of the snow, but also...who knows. It means that protection is a bit shaky at the moment, even if it's been paid for. And if something similar, like a systemic glitch happened to affect the tracking system in your case, it might be that you need to take it up with the postal people. Take your receipt to the post office and file a missing item claim. If they find the item and can prove it was delivered, then you can maybe go back to Paypal with that. But I would definitely chase this up with the postal system. If tracking was there and then it wasn't, they have some explaining to do.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline dragonlady

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice please! Update SOLVED!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
I found out what the problem was! I called USPS first to see what was going on with the tracking number and came to find out that somehow I messed up the numbers when I had rechecked it AND when I gave the number to Paypal. I then called Paypal and we got things straightened out: they refunded the chargeback (they have to hang on to the $14 until it's settled with the credit card company) and also updated the case file with the correct tracking number. Feeling a bit foolish but very relieved!

Edit: The case has baffled me too; there's too many things that don't add up or make sense. But if they were trying to keep the dolls AND get their money back why didn't they just claim they didn't receive it? As far as they knew I didn't do a tracking number.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:05:32 PM by dragonlady »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Need advice please! Update SOLVED!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »
I can relate to doing that. I often have to double and triple check numbers to stop myself muddling them around. Glad you got that bit cleared up at least!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline dragonlady

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice please! Update SOLVED! Update again:)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
last update!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
Glad to hear your refund came through :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
Wow, I know nothing about charge back fees, but I really hope you can challenge it!

Offline dragonlady

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 08:31:16 AM »
I did get that taken care of, thank goodness! So now I'm not out any money:) I hope the buyer's situation got straightened out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal