collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flat Foot Peachy  (Read 1334 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Flat Foot Peachy
« on: March 18, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »
So I was completely ignorant of this pony's existence until yesterday. I had absolutely no idea Peachy had been released with a FF version as well. I've read the My Little Wiki piece on her and I found one on eBay going for around $16. That is the extent of what I've been able to find on her.
So is that an average price for her? And more importantly (to me anyways) was she an American release?? I'm just completely baffled that I've never heard of this girl until now. As far as I knew, Peachy had been released with the Pretty Parlor, and that was that! She isn't even listed in my collector's book (unless I've just overlooked her, which is also entirely possible) and I was curious about her. ANY info about her is welcome. Like, when was she discovered? Was she an American release? Has she been common knowledge (except for me, obviously lol)? Absolutely anything is welcome! I'm just so surprised and want to know all about this! :P

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Flat Foot Peachy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »
That's a pretty good price! According to this eBay guide here , she goes for around $24 dollars FF.
I can't find anything, but it looks like she was an early Pretty Parlor release that got switched to the CF version. No other answers for you, though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:46:39 AM »
That's a pretty good price! According to this eBay guide here , she goes for around $24 dollars FF.
I can't find anything, but it looks like she was an early Pretty Parlor release that got switched to the CF version. No other answers for you, though!
Ok cool. The one I saw looked like it had some pindot mold, so that may be why she was a little less. But $24 still isn’t a bad price for her. Thanks for the info and for that link! I’m bookmarking that!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »
Not the easiest to come across, unlike other FF counterparts. I'd say under $20 is reasonable for her. Gosh, I think I got mine from a seller on here in Australia.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »
Some theories are that she came with the My Pretty Pony (the one that looks like her) as there was a set like this, but nobody's managed to prove it I don't think.

I would call her a US pony. Because everything in the US was a little earlier than in other places, it's more likely that she would be there than here. Mine came from the US, and I've never found one here in the last couple of decades. But if she was sold with that Pretty Pony set, then that would also make her US, and maybe Canada? As that set wasn't sold in other places as far as I know...

Admittedly have no idea what happened with the release in Australia, NZ, Singapore or that part of the world. There's just no documentation on it :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:04:18 AM »
I don't think she came with Peachy-lookalike My Pretty Pony because that MPP was actually a later release that came out a couple years into the MLP line, unlike brown MPP who pre-dated the MLP line.

I think flat foot Peachy was an early Pretty Parlor release, because IIRC I got one off eBay (not knowing she was flat foot or that that was even a thing) came from a small lot consisting of her and a couple Pretty Parlor accessories.  (I was buying the lot for the accessories.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:28 AM »
It makes the most sense, except the earliest prototype image I've seen of the Grooming/Pretty Parlour doesn't show Peachy. It actually shows Butterscotch.

But all these things still reinforce the idea that she is a US pony. Because things happened there first, it makes the most sense. It does seem the Parlour was the first playset (it certainly seems to have been here).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »
Yeah, the one I got was from a US seller . . .

It's too bad that most of the "selling my childhood toys" sellers are long gone off eBay.  If they were still around we could look for multiple lots with FF Peachys and see if there were any Pretty Parlor accessories in them.  But most of the ponies on eBay these days have passed through collector hands many times, I think.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 08:54:40 AM »
Yes, and more stuff turns up from countries from where it didn't originate as well.

Although UK ebay still has quite a few people clearing attics and selling childhood collections (allegedly), it won't help much with FF peachy...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 09:26:46 AM »
(another edit, missed the original question)
OP
Peachy is the trickiest FF to find. Even so, she does turn up with some regularity hidden in US lots.
If she shows up solo and it's a case of OMG must have this NOW! bidding can get a bit crazy if another person has the same thoughts.

She is prone to those teeny little fungus stains (darker dot surrounded by a ring). a simple clean and she is fine - the spots are not active/spreading. you won't see more unless you have poor storage (heat, moisture, UV)

Patient looking for one anywhere from $10 - $25 depending on what flaws you are happy to live with, and how many are after her at the moment.

Some theories are that she came with the My Pretty Pony (the one that looks like her) as there was a set like this, but nobody's managed to prove it I don't think.

I would call her a US pony. Because everything in the US was a little earlier than in other places, it's more likely that she would be there than here. Mine came from the US, and I've never found one here in the last couple of decades. But if she was sold with that Pretty Pony set, then that would also make her US, and maybe Canada? As that set wasn't sold in other places as far as I know...

Admittedly have no idea what happened with the release in Australia, NZ, Singapore or that part of the world. There's just no documentation on it :/

I really love the pretty ponies.

Pretty Pony
brown pretty pony (basic) a couple versions, pony pretty much the same, have seen slight differences in regards to hair texture. Differences to box and slight accessory differences

Pink pretty pony -other than some coming with an undisclosed ribbon, haven't seen differences in this set. Old lore was she came in different colours i.e "yellow pretty pony", but it's lore. Some discolour so evenly, and nicely leaving intact bright paint she looks like an entirely different pony. (heat alone in a dark place can discolour leaving her paint still bright and true. Also, I assume some batches were crummy plastic. didn't contain the right amounts of stabilizers so her colour didn't stay true)

Pretty Pony and baby set-
"baby" in any intact one I have seen was an early CF. Pony slightly different then solo brown pretty pony. Some accessory differences between this set and the original.
I still would love this set. Most that have come up that I would have loved to throw a bid on were US only.

"collector ponies"
original name for set: my little pony
--------
FF issues My Little Pony set + Pretty Parlor(7 total): original 6, peachy.

CF issues My Little Pony set +++ (many.): The first issue of CF hoof ponies was on the original "my little pony" cards, like the FF's. PP also is most common in CF, and now we have the stable too.
------------

FF's came with heavier washers and two of them to act as a counterbalance. Even with this, they are somewhat tippy and prone to face planting.  Being a toy for such young kids, with poorer fine motor skills to leave them standing, and I imagine the costs of additional materials to weight them, I assume they were recast pretty quickly to the early CF mold.

Also, many of the early ponies (with the same set names) could be purchased through some select department store catalogues, and did not come carded but boxed, sealed in a bag inside. Unfortunately I do not have a full list of every pony that could have been sold this way.

It makes the most sense, except the earliest prototype image I've seen of the Grooming/Pretty Parlour doesn't show Peachy. It actually shows Butterscotch.

But all these things still reinforce the idea that she is a US pony. Because things happened there first, it makes the most sense. It does seem the Parlour was the first playset (it certainly seems to have been here).

I would love to see this- US image? I feel like half of my collection is information. I love collecting scans and images of old dealer catalogues and store ones for pony things.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:28:39 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »
I knew you guys would be able to educate me on this! I’m still kind of embarrassed I didn’t even know she existed!

That bit about the FFs coming with two washers makes so much sense! I had wondered why they had that.
So much good info in this thread and I truly appreciate it all!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 10:55:28 AM »
It's probably a US image but it's almost certainly Hasbro distribution. I say probably because as you know I like detail and accuracy :) and it was in the Argos catalogue from Autumn 1983. Obviously that's a UK catalogue, but the alternative is that this was actually on sale through Argos and when you see it you won't think so. :)

I think with Argos that all images that have the manufacturer logo on are probably stock images. When doing research on Sundance, it became clear that some of those images are used as bases for other advertising in different magazines, so it is probable this image was sent from Hasbro to Argos.

Please do note that the item description does not include mention of a pony. I think this is not about "coming with" Butterscotch, just that she's there as a prop.

For comparison, image from 1985 Argos which is clearly an actual playset posed and photographed by Argos (obviously CF Peachy).

I don't have any Hasbro catalogues for those years though. There's no UK insert before 1985 with the Parlour on (and that's drawn not photo). I only have part of the UK box though, and I think it's dated 1983. This looks like a CF pony to me?

Someone with the US box maybe can check and compare?

@Kotton Kandy - why embarrassed? Asking about stuff is awesome. It means we get to have these fun discussions and more people also then find stuff out :) Two washers is new info for me too, as I've never taken a FF pony apart O.O

And I also learned that the Peachy Pretty Pony came out later than the others. :) so can be ruled out of the FF peachy mystery.

Edit because confused box for Show Stable and Parlour, it's SS that has Bluebelle on.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:05:53 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
I wouldn't surprised if Buttercotch was meant to come with it originally, as Butterscotch is the pony on the front of the Parlor.

Also, if you were wondering OP, there is no FF Lemondrop!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 04:21:33 PM »
That is a good point. I never thought about that but you're right. Maybe O.O.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 05:09:26 PM »
I wouldn't surprised if Buttercotch was meant to come with it originally, as Butterscotch is the pony on the front of the Parlor.

Also, if you were wondering OP, there is no FF Lemondrop!

I'm thinking the same thing. That has to be the prototype, and I am glad they didn't redraw the back label to reflect peachy. I love the butterscotch decal on the back of the parlor. <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal