collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Motivation Round Sign Up  (Read 13103 times)

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony Motivation Round Sign Up
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »
I've been thinking about how to rate my days. I think I need to be hard on myself because if I'm going to start a business of my own some day I need to be able to dedicate several hours every day to it. With that in mind I'll rate my days like this.

Time dedicated on working on my art or other things related to starting a business selling it. 1 to 5 points.

1 - At least 10 minutes.
2 - 10 minutes to 1 hour.
3 - At least 1 hour, less than 3 hours.
4 - At least 3 hours, less than 5 hours.
5 - More than 5 hours.

With that I got 3 points yesterday and 1 today.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »
Today was my first 5 point day, which earnt a little pony sticker in my notebook.
I've been out twice, both times without any music, which was meant to help me be a bit more present but it didn't really keep my mind from wandering all that much.
Got some reading done in the morning, the only problem now is trying to find something else to read. I am way too picky with books.
Also played the guitar for a while, worked through a lesson about blues chords and had a bit of a noodle afterwards.
Overall, I feel more accomplished than yesterday, albeit not particularly focussed. That will have to come with time. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »
Everyone has a great start and some nice numbers. I am at a new job so I focus less on my goals, but that means I can go up from here :)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
Whoops! Forgot to post! Here's April so far:

April 1st:
I'd say it was a 5 star day! I was social, I dressed a little nicer than normal, and I tried new foods! I spent time with a lot of people I loved and had an overall great day.

April 2nd:
A three star day. I worked hard, but didn't do much else after that. I was social, but I didn't eat or take care of myself or do any chores.

April 3rd:
A one star day. I'm a crying mess and very unhappy with myself and my appearance and I'm incredibly stressed and upset. I'd give myself a zero, but I'm not binging on food and instead trying to find a solution to what's upsetting me.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 07:17:19 AM »
I’ve already failed . :cry: I started out the month being sick.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
I’ve already failed . :cry: I started out the month being sick.

I wouldn't consider that a failure, you can't help being ill. Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

---

Today has had its ups and downs, but in putting down my notes, it put things into perspective and I decided to give myself a 5. I was really stressed out over numerous life things last night, got next to no sleep as a result and have been fighting against mental health problems and a total lack of motivation all day, but I still managed to meet the criteria of my goals, so there's another pony sticker in my notebook today.
I got past the temptation to hide in bed, got up fairly early and went into town, read one of Haruki Murakami's short stories in the afternoon and put in some guitar practice, going over my lesson from yesterday and mixing different techniques into it.
My last task is to dedicate some time to relaxation practices and hopefully get rid of some of this tension that's been making everything feel like a chore. :/

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »
I agree illness is not a failure. You rate your day on. What you can do. If you go a day and not loose your lunvh, that's a 5 to me:) did you get rest? That's a 5 to me. Taking care of yourself is a definite 5:) that's the point of the number system. It's to reflect on your day and say, I tried. For what I had to do in a day do I deserve a 5. Now if you are healthy and you do nothing but to do nothing it's not a good score:)

I get little time but I can try and do a goal, if not we'll that's not a good number:) but getting motivated is always a good number:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »
Yesterday was a 1 but today was a 5 since I worked on art pretty much the entire day.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
I have not posted my numbers yet.
Sunday 5. Got ALot of knitting projects done, and have one piece for sale:) that's a first for me, so the 5 was my reward:)

Monday: 1 I had little time, but it would have been a 4 if I did not go and buy junk food. Not a 0 because I did work and had play practice.

Tuesday: 3 did not do anything towards my goals but did not do any bad habits.

Wednesday: 0! I bought junk food again. I even have time to make a healthy snack but I chose junk food. Argh. 0.

I am a bit mad at myself. If I had no time to get a healthy snack well ok, but I did and there is no excuse for me. So any points collected even my super cleaning personal points are down to 0!!!! Yup. To get a reward I have to reach 50 points. That's is 10 days of 5 point days...it can happen:) it also can get slower. I want to go 10 days no buying junk food!

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 02:11:54 AM »
It's raining and motivation is low today. I've got a list of household related things to do and working on art today feels like another of the have to do's. I have no inspiration whatsoever. I think I'll just focus on doing the bare minimum today. All the things I need to do and then ten minutes of art and afterwards I'll reward myself with something fun. Like restoring a pony or browsing Ebay for pony auctions.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »
I had to do a course today, so I have been busy but still managed to make time for my goals. I got up at 6am and took the time to watch some wild birds fly around the garden before setting off. Walking to and from the library constitutes being active and I read some Jorge Luis Borges during the breaks. Not 100% sure if I've got the energy to play the guitar today because anxiety issues have been draining my energy a lot, but the initial aim was for at least 3 days a week and I've achieved that already. Today gets a 4 but I reckon a little reward is in order; while I normally save video games strictly for the weekend, I may treat myself to some time on Shadow of the Colossus this evening. :)

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
I had a tooth pulled this morning and apparently I'm not allowed to do any exercise. For 4 days. For a tooth?!

Plus all I get to eat is soft food, so I've a friend bringing me yogurt and I'm eyeing the brie in my fridge.

Restricted diet weight loss isn't my preference. Here's hoping the socket closes up quick.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
April 1:  Cleaned the house for company and had a successful playdate/Easter Egg Hunt with my DD's BFF.  I'll give myself a 5 for surviving the chaos and the complete lack of routine.

April 2: Not a good day according to my journal.  Possibly a 1 day since I didn't just collapse sitting down and moping all day.

April 3: Also not a good day but I did mail another stack of paperwork to the IRS so I guess I did something extra?  Doesn't have the same sense of accomplishment though.  I'll call it a 3 to give myself a boost!

April 4: probably a 3.  I started and finished some chores but didn't finish them all.  Started a few new things but haven't wrapped up all the older ones.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »
Got a 2 today but all in all it was a good day since I got a lot of other stuff done. I also kept up four out five of my daily routines. I only give myself points for keeping up my art routine though because that's the one I need the most motivation to keep at.

I realized I calculated April 3 wrong, I got a 2 that day and not a 1. That means so far my days have been 3, 1, 2, 5, 2. That's far above my expectations.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 12:22:09 PM »
It's fun to track numbers, soon it will be 4s and 5s:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal