collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you have boobs, come in this thread  (Read 4884 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
If you have boobs, come in this thread
« on: March 16, 2018, 03:16:06 PM »
Let's talk about bras!

I am a huge fan of the underwire. However, it has recently come to my attention that underwire bras can cause cancer ... and also that not wearing bras doesn't make your boobs saggy. (FTR: I am on board with the former, still require convincing of the latter.)

So I'm looking for some new bras. I need support. I'm a 34D or a DD. My beef with non-underwire bras is that it doesn't provide shape or enough support. I have a couple (believe it or not) supportive bralettes but I am not a fan of the uniboob effect with most of those and sports bras. If I have a choice, I also prefer cute bras. (don't we all?)

Seeking recommendations from experienced fellow individuals with boobs.  :flash:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: If you have boobs, come in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »
I hate underwires.  They almost always break and then they poke me so I end up removing them anyway.  And as far as not wearing a bra not making your boobs sag, well, I guess if you're an A or a B you can get away with that, but as a DD, I don't believe it.  Mine get sensitive enough during parts of the month, I don't need their own weight pulling on them all the time, too. (And if you've ever looked through a National Geographic at indigenous women who have never worn bras, they sag, so explain that!) Plus, I hate the padded bras!  I already have enough there, I don't need extra!

If you can find a good non-underwire at Victoria's Secret, it can be worth the price (but man are they expensive!) and usually they have to special order in my size so I generally go to Walmart and buy the Just My Size (I think that's the brand-they come in packages).  I've found that the bras that close in the front work better for me than the ones that clasp in the back.  I feel like they give better support without the wire and they actually cover my whole boob instead of me feeling like I'm only partly in there, though they do have a limited range of colors (white, black, or brown).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
Hate underwires. I'm a 36C and I've been using genie bras. No wire and it gives you great support#
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »
Underwire bras causing cancer is a total myth. There is no research that suggests that it is true. There has been one study and it produced no evidence that suggested a link.

On top of that, boobs will sag over time regardless of how often a bra is worn. It's what they do and nothing will prevent that. Again, studies prove this. It can be more supportive to wear one but long term, zero effect on boobs.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:20:55 PM by reddsetgogirl »
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 04:56:40 PM »
I'm also a 34D and recently tried to switch to wireless (because my new washer was destroying my bras, not because of any health reason). I did a ton of searching and comparing and ordered some bras I thought would be good based on reviews and style. I tried for about 2 months but they were not supportive, shaping or concealing enough for me. I felt really self conscious wearing them so I'm back to wired bras again and just wash them separately on gentle cycle. I'm too lazy to hand wash.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:59:09 PM by Flitter »

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
If you're willing to spend a little extra - you may want to see if you have a Soma in your area. They sell amazing bras in a variety of sizes and styles! Soma is a little on the pricey side but they make good bras and the quality is definitely there. I haven't tried any without the underwire just yet but I think it would be worth a shot. Good luck! :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »
I wouldn't mind going bra-less if it wasn't for the slapping...  my DH says he never notices the sound but ohhhhhh it's so embarrassing to me!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 09:06:59 PM »
I don't have this problem cause I'm tiny.  :lol: :lol:

Wearing a bra all the time actually causes sagging in later years because apparently you loose all muscle tone and ability to hold them up.  Or so I've heard from friends with bigger boobs.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »
I can't really go braless but it's near impossible for me to find bras D: Once in awhile I can find a sports bra, other than that my only option is Nordstrom. They seem to be the only company that cares for those of us with tiny rib cages XD (I'm a 30DD or 30DDD) and anything under a 32 band is almost non-existent. Unless of course you count training bras that go up to like a B cup at the biggest. So when I do get some I normally stick the Natori Feathers. They come in a small enough band size for me meaning I don't slip out of the bottom of them and no underwire so it's comfy.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 09:52:34 PM »
Heh, I have not much expertise when it comes to bra shopping. But I am cursed with my family female curse of large boobs. Personally, I don’t famcy cute looking ones. I mean, if you like it, that’s great. But I don’t. Nobody is going to see it but me, and it doesn’t have any benefit over plain ones. Plain ones are awesome because I get what I need for all my shirts, weather they be black or white. As for wire? I like mine with the wire. I dislike the feeling of no support. Then I’ll be walking around school and nobody wants to see that. We got enough of those big chest no bra girls at school.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
Finding bras that fit can be a pain for me, since one of my boobs is a fair bit larger than the other. Thankfully I did manage to find ones that fit wonderfully so I have a few pairs of those, they do have underwires. When I was younger, underwire bras felt really uncomfortable for me so I would only wear ones without wires, but nowadays I don't mind them at all and don't even notice them!

I wear size 40D.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 10:12:34 PM »
Underwires do not cause cancer.  It's just an urban legend.  (Source: Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation.)

Since you like underwire bras, I would just continue wearing them.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 10:18:11 PM »
Braless 99% of the time. I'm barely a C cup, but my breasts are insanely fibrosis-y and cyst-y (and have been since the very beginning, so in the 28 years since I've had boobs...not much had changed).  I've felt so much better since I stopped wearing bras.

Which while the studies stating that underwire bras may cause cancer are extremely iffy, the ones telling you "maybe you should avoid wearing underwire bras if you are fibrocystic" are not.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »
Wanted to add . . . I always go to Nordstroms to be fitted for bras.  Their fitters are highly trained and superb.  If you have requests like "I want a comfortable t-shirt style bra" or "no underwires" or whatever, they will accommodate you.  I have one boob slightly bigger than the other, and the fitter made sure to offer me styles that minimized the difference.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:29 PM »
Braless most of the time (only wear my bras with no openings when I go out).

Don't know what size bra I am, because when I wear a bra that opens at the back I can't breathe.  Hence why I wear my bras with no opening at the back.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal