collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Pony Wear leg warmers ID  (Read 633 times)

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
G1 Pony Wear leg warmers ID
« on: March 16, 2018, 05:08:06 AM »
I've been going through my boxes of accessories, pony wear and random pony things recently. I discovered that I have leg warmers that differ from each other. One set is notably short and wide while the other is long and thin.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Forgive the grime, I'll be cleaning them up. Hopefully this picture shows the size difference.

Can any Pony Wear gurus help me out? Is there a size difference between Flashprance, Ballerina and the tennis pack leg warmers? I don't think they are baby pony ballerina leg warmers but I don't seem to have any to compare them to.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: G1 Pony Wear leg warmers ID
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 05:11:10 AM »
I don't know the answer to your question but I agree that they're too big to be baby ones.

I know that there's a difference in the UK release and US release of the ballerina outfits. US is a Mum and Baby set and UK is just the adult set. No idea if there's a difference in the legwarmers between the two but as you're in Aus, it's not impossible you could have either/both/a mix.

No idea about Flashprance except that I know HERE at least it was available over 2 years.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
From my own sets, the Prima Ballerina legwarmers are a different material than the Flashprance ones.  Flashprance is more of a T-shirt knit like the ones you have pictured and the ballerina ones are almost fuzzy and less stretchy in comparison.  I don't know if that's true for all the ballerina sets - from the same line of pony wear, I've seen two different materials for the beach hats as well (both materials found in sets from the US).  I did compare the size and my ballerina set is considerably shorter than my Flashprance set - the difference is even greater than what you have pictured.  Unfortunately, I don't have the Tennis Pack ones to compare for you.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:03:35 AM »
Looked up the UK vs US Ballerina outfit, the UK one doesn't have legwarmers, so you can count it out.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »
Maybe some of them are from the Baby Bonnet School of Dance?  Baby Half Note came with some legwarmers...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Those look to all be adult sized leg warmers, so BBSoD is out.
They're not Prima Ballerina either - like Breyer600, mine (MOC) are a distinctly different material, fuzzy and not the regular smooth jersey.  They could just be variations across years/countries/factories for Flashprance.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »
I just remembered I have Flashprance MOC albeit on Italian card. I checked my photos and it looks like the longer narrower ones match the ones I have MOC with that outfit. I don't know if there are any variations but I checked the Italian Prima Ballerina set I have as well and as others have said, the legwarmers are more fuzzy...so it seems likely the Italian one is same as US release.

I don't have the Tennis pack MOC either. I have it loose from years ago but all the pieces are all over and mixed up with other loose fashion bits :/ so I can't do an image compare.

I used to have a MOC US Flashprance but I think I sold it, so that's as much as I can contribute.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 12:13:07 AM »
Thanks for your input everyone. I'm going to assume they are Flash Prance either in different runs or one set USB Flash Prance and the other is the tennis pack. I must have the ballerina ones somewhere else because one it was mentioned, I totally remembered what the texture of the ballerina leg warmers are so I must own them.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal