collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair matching and customizing questions <3  (Read 679 times)

Offline DustyRose

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
Hair matching and customizing questions <3
« on: March 15, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Hi guys!
So i'm planning to make some customs and have some hair matching and other general questions!
sorry for all of them ! any help very appreciate it <3 :blush:

rapunzel-
does anyone have her than can send me pics in natural/outside light? i need to be able to match her color and i'm having a hard time with the pink..
as for her hair, would golden delicious from dollyhair be long enough? can anyone measure her hair for me?
also, is her tinsel more of a red or more of a dark pink? and would one hank of golden delicious be enough ? for fullness?

ice crystal-
does anyone have any bait big brothers i could use for him
pictures of him would also be appreciate it !

lemon treats
i have a girl missing a tail.. i need the color key lime or envy ? (can anyone confirm the color for me? ) also, it's sold out for both so if anyone has a hank they would sell me or a color match for retrodolls or restoredoll, or anywhere would be lovely!

mint dreams-
i got her pretty bait in condition and her white in her hair has turned dirty or something, i've tried everything to get it white white.. anyone have any tips? or if I was to rehair her, how does one go about rehairing only parts of the hair as her purple is fine.

twinkle eyed girls
i have a fizzy with really scruffed up eyes, anyone know how to fix? or where i can ger a replacement ?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hair matching and customizing questions <3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »
Rapunzel's pink is the same as Heart Throb's.  I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the Dollyhair name.  Her tinsel is like a dark fuchsia.  Get at least 2 full hanks. 

Mint Dreams - you can cut the white down as close to the roots as possible and then use your rehairing needle to push the remainder of the plug down into the head from the outside.  Inserting the new plug should force it down further too. 

Fizzy - there isn't a reliable paint fix for TE's but you can try some interference colors.  It won't be exact but it should still color shift a bit.  Or you can pop her eyes out, fill in most of the cavity with Apoxie Sculpt, and stick a flat-back Swarovski of appropriate size in the remainder. 

Offline DustyRose

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:15:55 AM »
Rapunzel's pink is the same as Heart Throb's.  I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the Dollyhair name.  Her tinsel is like a dark fuchsia.  Get at least 2 full hanks. 

Mint Dreams - you can cut the white down as close to the roots as possible and then use your rehairing needle to push the remainder of the plug down into the head from the outside.  Inserting the new plug should force it down further too. 

Fizzy - there isn't a reliable paint fix for TE's but you can try some interference colors.  It won't be exact but it should still color shift a bit.  Or you can pop her eyes out, fill in most of the cavity with Apoxie Sculpt, and stick a flat-back Swarovski of appropriate size in the remainder.

thanks for the reply! I was referring to her body's color lol, i'm having a hard time pin pointing if its more of a glittering gem pink or what.
but the pink is heartthrob from dollyhair! I'm confused on the blonde tho, i'm hoping golden delicious is a match xD

about mint dreams~ Thank you ! i didn't think of that. Hopefully she'll be as good as new <3

do you know where to get legit swarovski and what size would be a match for the TE?

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »
Skig's Hair Color Matching Guide suggests that Golden Delicious is a match for Rapunzel. I would say at least two hanks as well. I wish I had some of the ponies you listed to get pics for you. Even if you're customizing and not restoring, the Pony Corral is sometimes a good place to ask questions about cannon colors and request pics of cannon ponies. When I was finding colors for my G4.5 Mimic FBR, it was so helpful to have the Pony Corals advice! But if you are restoring, people in the Pony Corral will have some general advice as well.

For swarovski crystals, I would say a place like esty can be helpful. They have some listed as "genuine", but I'm not sure that the genuine nature is required for a good look. A rhinestone might be just fine, if less sparkly. Im not sure the size match, so you might look to measure the eyes on your pony. This old thread might help: http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=364866.0  And this page always has excellent advice: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/symbols.html#Eyes

For your bait and hank requests, you might find it helpful to create a wanted post too, and see if a seller find you there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal